OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

:rofl:

trust me, i've hated those things from the start. :lol:

Yes you have...

You were definitely included in the group of us who hated those Beaches as I wrote that! :D

Even back in the days of when that dude said, "Mark my words...THOSE are the new Kobe N7!"... :tongue:

Last edited:
I went in to FTL this week to check out the fades and heroes in person.  No fades in my size as expected but just wanted to see the shoes.

A dude in there was pushin the VBs on me.  He was like "Yea we do have the Venice Beach's coming this weekend, it's a multi-color version, we'll have your size in those."  
laugh.gif

To each his own, but I've tried hard to find anything about them that I like...

I went in to FTL this week to check out the fades and heroes in person.  No fades in my size as expected but just wanted to see the shoes.

A dude in there was pushin the VBs on me.  He was like "Yea we do have the Venice Beach's coming this weekend, it's a multi-color version, we'll have your size in those."  
laugh.gif

To each his own, but I've tried hard to find anything about them that I like...

You should have messed with him. Be like, yea ill be back for them, im gonna get the matching socks as well.

Because i recieved a huge reception on that OC inspiration, i thought i would do my own rendition on the Venice Beach 8....
So this is what we'll get coming Saturday. This inspiration has some kind of abstract inspiration of the reflection of the sunset on the water. However, it's really difficult to see:

Just some little inspiration of what we can see if they were done in an ideal way....

The venice beach sign, which shares similar colors to the South Beach LeBron 8....

Now we'll look at the prestos, with the all-overprint on the neoprene:

Imagine a water motif printed on the Kobe 8 to signify the water of Venice Beach....

If Nike just stuck to basic, straightforward inspiration we could've gotten something like this:

Okay.... I might have went overboard with all the pics :lol:

NIKE! GET THIS MAN A JOB!

It is such as huge difference, 300 million to 50 million. 

But now that I thought about it, it makes more sense.  LeBron's shoes are more expensive than Kobe's, and in addition to his main shoe, LeBron also has his lowtops and the zoom Soldier series that both sell decently.  Add that to the fact that his shoes at $180 cost more than Kobe's at $140, and I could definitely see LeBron selling more than Kobe.  

Now, did I see him selling 6X more in revenue?  Hell no.  But I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of bandwagon fans joining you.
also didn't 8s started late

kobe $50mil. carmelo $40 mil. are they sure?

btw this is only US sales, worldwide I think Kobe is still more popular
The numbers are from 2012. Kobe 8 isn't included. Only the Kobe VII, Lebron 9 and X, KD IV, and whatever Melo (9?) was out last year.

just take the style code and go into a footlocker and order them, they are still available in certain sizes in stores across the US, they are plenty in my brother's area (Tampa, FL) and I was just in Maryland yesterday and saw some sitting on shelves in a mall Footlocker there. Just make sure you get an employee that knows what they're doing and is nice enough to help you with this.

Don't I still have to wait another week to stock locate or will I be good this weekend to hunt em down... would like to use a bday coupon too if I can

just take this number 555035 500 to your local Footlocker and have them look it up, just as long as it is in stock at another store, no matter how far away it is you will be able to purchase and have it shipped to your address. Trust me these are available in Footlocker stores around the US, the key is to find a helpful employee that doesn't mind taking the time and looking it up and ordering for you.

Two things:

1) That Nike sku won't help the FTL employee find the shoes in their system. You'll need the FTL sku.

2) You'll have to wait 2 weeks from the release date before they can stock locate any shoe for you.

Kobe to Bron numbers fail to take in how many of each shoe were produced for sale. I'm guessing LeBron has a hell of a lot more made this year than Kobe did so outselling him by 6x would make sense if much more were made.

It's all comparative folks. Numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole truth.

Kobe to Bron numbers fail to take in how many of each shoe were produced for sale. I'm guessing LeBron has a hell of a lot more made this year than Kobe did so outselling him by 6x would make sense if much more were made.

It's all comparative folks. Numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole truth.

According to Darren Rovell: "LeBron does outsell Kobe in Nikes but it has more to do with there being 2X as many LeBrons in market, in more doors."

add to that the fact that brons are damn near in every sneaker/athletic store and kobes FOR THE MOST PART are only @ FL/FA's...

plus kobe his been pretty much hated his whole career for one thing or another which has more to do with his sales #'s than most think. brons window of hate came and went with the descision.

i've heard a whole lot more people sayin they wont cop kobes sig b/c they hate dude than i have heard about bron...

theres a lot of factors...

Last edited:
Tempted to use that RSVP thing for the MC, $20 to almost guarantee a pair isn't bad, but I'm still unsure if I want them. Prob just stick to my plan of trying for retail on release day and if I fail ill pass.

I love the kobe 8 but I must say this thread at times has turned into a place for a bunch of whiney babies that just insult eachother, instead of a place where information and love for the kobe line is shared. I don't post often (for obvious reasons) but I've been a member of NT since around '04. I was in here when the ZK1 first dropped and we were all excited that our boy KB8 finally got a coo shoe. Now half the cats that are here be running their mouth for no reason like they were in here through the ZK1-8 like myself and others were. Earn respect and give it fellas. Get back to the shoes and stop acting stupid like you sit when you pee.

Sorry for the rant but I read more BS in this thread then info/appreciation/helpfulness. Let's stop hating on people's jeans, socks, fav cw etc. Just childish...:smh:

I love the kobe 8 but I must say this thread at times has turned into a place for a bunch of whiney babies that just insult eachother, instead of a place where information and love for the kobe line is shared. I don't post often (for obvious reasons) but I've been a member of NT since around '04. I was in here when the ZK1 first dropped and we were all excited that our boy KB8 finally got a coo shoe. Now half the cats that are here be running their mouth for no reason like they were in here through the ZK1-8 like myself and others were. Earn respect and give it fellas. Get back to the shoes and stop acting stupid like you sit when you pee.

Sorry for the rant but I read more BS in this thread then info/appreciation/helpfulness. Let's stop hating on people's jeans, socks, fav cw etc. Just childish...:smh:

i hear you bruh.i was around for earlier zk threads and it was a lot different back then but what you must realize is the hypebeast/children have flocked to not only this thread but the bron and kd threads as well. for several reason im not about to get into. willing to bet more than 75% of this thread aint up on vulk the crusader.

thats not about to change now with this hobby being as popular as it is presently. just keep on doing what yer doin, lurk, get info when you can and keep it movin.

let the kids have it.

People are always going to find something to complain about. No shoe is going to be perfect, all of the Kobe 8 colorways have sold out for the most part for a reason.

Nike played it safe and still made a ton of great colorways.

I like the VB's, remind me of the Glass Blues. I get the complaints, but it's just one colorway. Pass and move on to the next.
This is the best comment I've seen in quite sometime. The negative comments are beyond ridiclous at this point. MOVE ON!

Back
Top Bottom