OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

We aren't fortune tellers. Otherwise we'd get every shoe for pennies since we'd know exactly when to buy.
You put the restriction of retail and what's available which sounds less than ideal when the shoes are sold out in your area.

We can't predict when the elites will cease being available to you.

Anyone see SC's performance review on the 8's. I don't agree with it. What are ppls thoughts that actually ball in these?
I think these are excellent basketball shoes, but I do agree about his point that they should have included a Zoom Air option.  Like maybe they could have Zoom insoles sold separately or something.  

I prefer Zoom over Lunarlon when it comes to basketball, even though the Zoom air is firmer, it is more responsive.  The Kobe 8 Lunarlon works very well, but I feel like if it had both forefoot and heel zoom, it would be even better than it currently is.  

Even though he says the outsole is very thin, I think it works very well.  You do not have to hear "squeaks" to have great traction.  The Kobe 8 has one of the best tractions available right now, way better than the Hyperdunk 2012's and KD 5's.  

Overall, the Kobe 8's are my 3rd favorite basketball shoe.  Ever.  That's saying a lot.

Have a question about the availability of the pythons and black/gold elites. I've been on the fence with both and I've been debating which to get first. I tried stock locating it in hawaii and couldn't find one in my size, yet the black gold elites are available here. Which would be a better choice to pick up with taking availability into account and trying to not go over retail.
I would get the pythons first, jmo

just came in......

Tried these one right away

Just for fun
tongue.gif
.....step on J.....

man I went to the closest mall that got the blk elites which was at ontario mills.... completely sold out in every sz... smh! but then went in2 the coupon thread n got $33 off of price plus used a rewards card so got em for $191 shipped :wink:

Last edited:
I think these are excellent basketball shoes, but I do agree about his point that they should have included a Zoom Air option.  Like maybe they could have Zoom insoles sold separately or something.  

I prefer Zoom over Lunarlon when it comes to basketball, even though the Zoom air is firmer, it is more responsive.  The Kobe 8 Lunarlon works very well, but I feel like if it had both forefoot and heel zoom, it would be even better than it currently is.  

Even though he says the outsole is very thin, I think it works very well.  You do not have to hear "squeaks" to have great traction.  The Kobe 8 has one of the best tractions available right now, way better than the Hyperdunk 2012's and KD 5's.  

Overall, the Kobe 8's are my 3rd favorite basketball shoe.  Ever.  That's saying a lot.

For me I love the 8s for playing, have been using my sulfers as my outdoor balling shoe for a few months now. I will admit though that I do miss that springiness of the VI at times but the traction and the EM upper make up for it IMO. For walking and lounging around though, you can't beat Lunarlon.

Am I right?

The "Loudest", most Attention getting, bright Kobe 8s             Most Hyped Kobes:
1) ASG, hands down                                                                1) Mambacurials
2) Venice Beaches                                                                   2) X (its pointless to put a second one)
3) Mambacurials                                                                       3) X (or a third for that matter)

The most Limited Kobe 8s                                                     Kobes that Need to drop:                         
1) Mambacurials                                                                    1) Amnesties 
2) BHMS                                                                                 2) Homes
3) ????   (ASG or Christmas)                                                 3) Inlines, 3a) WTK

Kobe 8s still sitting on shelves                                                  Worst Kobes 8s (NSW don't count)
1) Black Elites                                                                          1) Red snake dropping 2mor
2) Superheros                                                                            2) Black YOTS
3) Pythons (maybe)                                                                   3) Venice Beaches ^^^^^ actually #1

Most UNDERrated Kobe 8s
1) Sulfurs
2) Pythons
3) ????  (Red Camo)

I personally like Black YOTS and VB's a lot.. and we don't need a WTK.. leave that on the 7

don't get the hate for the black YOTS EXT's, i like em more than most of the other kobe 8 colorways. BHM's are the best colorway though
nthat.gif
, happy i got my pair.

man I went to the closest mall that got the blk elites which was at ontario mills.... completely sold out in every sz... smh! but then went in2 the coupon thread n got $33 off of price plus used a rewards card so got em for $191 shipped
wink.gif
an IE NTer! thanks for the update, I was gonna head to the mills/montclair tomorrow to check on some kobes.

There are some vII cw's I like better than vIII cw's and vice versa.
My fave vII's that can compete are my Cloaks, wolf and yin yang.
The yin yang always gets compliments whenever I go out wearing them.

I just placed an order and it came out total to $158 including shipping (stay in cali) sha'll wait and hope it isn't bootleg
embarassed.gif
Legit site been posted here many times, expect to wait up to 2 weeks to receive your shoes though since you're in Cali
eek.gif

This place is legit you say?!

Also, will I get hit with customs? I want no part of that.

nerd.gif
Yes, very Legit and no customs charges
I read this and thought about it for a day, and I pulled the trigger.

These shoes just look too nice! I hope to get them before July.

Thanks! Repped!

I'd have to agree. Not really satisfied with the Retro 11 Low's in person either. Even in the Jordan community it doesn't seem like it gets much respect.

I think me and a lot of other nters are going to be extremely happy to see this pic if im not mistaken that is the home colorway on top there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom