OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

This is starting to make me mad. I'm really hoping that we see the initial leaked photos as the final product. Not feeling those shoes posted in the Instagram picture. Just my 2 cents.

how could you guys possibly think those are the viii's? if that is the viii nike has lost their damn mind :lol:

I have a feeling that is the Kobe 8.. Because when I tried to look up that Instagram acct for a better picture, it was taken down.

I really doubt that those are the VIII's. I mean look at them compared to the first pic posted and even the lifestyle VIII. Not even close. Also, they mentioned it would include EM material. That just looks like some sort of hyperfuse material.

Stumbled across pics that says "Kobe 8s".. Dont know if posted.. Dont know if actually the Kobe 8s.. but just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Damn it, why cant they put up official pics already? Im starting to get very annoyed that we keep seeing these ugly maybes. Just show them!!

Kobe is my favorite player.. The "Nike Zoom Kobe 4" created a new wave for low top ballin' shoes.. i am glad they progress in style and cant wait to see how they perform on the court for it is my favorite basketball shoe.. thanks Nike...

those pics were posted a few pages back. they are supposedly the venomenon but yea they do look better than the other

8s??????
I like em

These are called the Nike Black Mamba 24, a takedown model from Asia a la the Dream Season and Venomenon series.

NOT THE KOBE VIII.

Looks like there’s some more Kobe-branded goodies for the overseas cats – the low-pro and stylish Nike Black Mamba 24. Continuing with the ankle-less construction, the Black Mamba 24 adds in Hyperfuse cut-outs with other features carried over from Zoom Kobe heritage like the pronounced heel-counter. Five punchy colorways are expected to hit retailers in Asia, where the Kobe fandom is far greater than it is in the States, but do you think Nike Basketball should open up a channel for these Kobe kicks to the U.S. market? Check out the five colorways of the Black Mamba 24 and let us know if you think there should be more non-signature Kobe footwear available in your area.

Stumbled across pics that says "Kobe 8s".. Dont know if posted.. Dont know if actually the Kobe 8s.. but just thought I'd share.

These are the Nike Zoom Venomenon III (they've been posted a few times in the thread).

Last edited:

And just before anyone posts these, these are the Zoom Kobe Gametime, a third takedown.

I guess Nike really is going all out with the Kobe market in Asia - three takedown models, and it sounds like all three have Zoom Air too.

So we have yet to see the Kobe VIII. It looks like the Venomenon III, Gametime, and Black Mamba 24 are all still derived from the Kobe VII shape. (The Asian takedowns are all lower-quality copies of the current sig model)

Last edited:
^^^
Ah, good info. Let's not forget the Dream Season IVs making it way too many asian takedowns. I guess I was just so tired of waiting that I was willing to believe anything new was the Kobe VIII. Gotta be more patient I guess.

Man repped senorroboto for dropping info.

So moral to the story is .... We still haven't seen any pictures of the real Kobe VIII. Props to Nike for keeping this under wraps so long this is rare. And I am super stoked for them personally if they really are zoom cushioned and have some sort of Engineered mesh. That means great cushioning and light weight and breathable. Can't wait

Thank you for clarifying SenorRoboto. :smokin

I thought I remember seeing the wear test sample really early last year for the VII, around mid-summer. :nerd:

^^^
Ah, good info. Let's not forget the Dream Season IVs making it way too many asian takedowns. I guess I was just so tired of waiting that I was willing to believe anything new was the Kobe VIII. Gotta be more patient I guess.

Nike's making it easy for people to hit instagram with unknown Kobe shoes for attention :smh: :lol:

The VII wear test samples showed up pretty early the last few years.

I believe there are also shoes called the 'Nike KB24' and 'Nike Kobe Make Sense,' btw

Back
Top Bottom