OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Was passing a Nike outlet on the way home from a trip this weekend so I stopped in to see if I could find some deals. Went to the shoes first found a cheap pair of trainers. Asked a kid working if they had any Kobe's laying around said no they don't ever get Kobe's.... Went to the clothing area asked a kid where the kobe section was (had kd bron woods sectioned off) he said he'll ask and be right back. Saw him asking another kid and they were laughing. He comes back and tells me "uhh yeah man Kobe has no affiliation with Nike". I pointed down to my elites and said really and walked away laughing.

How are you working at a Nike store and you don't know Kobe is a Nike athlete?
laugh.gif
mean.gif
 I thought you had to have at least some knowledge to work in Nike retails stores and such, c'mon now

Was passing a Nike outlet on the way home from a trip this weekend so I stopped in to see if I could find some deals. Went to the shoes first found a cheap pair of trainers. Asked a kid working if they had any Kobe's laying around said no they don't ever get Kobe's.... Went to the clothing area asked a kid where the kobe section was (had kd bron woods sectioned off) he said he'll ask and be right back. Saw him asking another kid and they were laughing. He comes back and tells me "uhh yeah man Kobe has no affiliation with Nike". I pointed down to my elites and said really and walked away laughing.

In all seriousness, **** like that annoys me. I've tried to get a job at FNL, and other shoe stores before, as have many of my friends; and we've all been turned down at various points. I don't know all the shoes on the market or know about every single shoe that's ever released, but I at least know about Nike's main shoe lines, and have tried most of them for myself. So when I then go to a store and ask some kid about a pair of Kobes and he says some crap like this, or I ask a lady about the Jordan Gamma 11's and she asks what those are, or I ask if they're going to be getting in a pair of the new KD's and am told "I don't know", I get pissed. :smh:

If you work at a store, you should know about the products being sold there.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, **** like that annoys me. I've tried to get a job at FNL, and other shoe stores before, as have many of my friends; and we've all been turned down at various points. I don't know all the shoes on the market or know about every single shoe that's ever released, but I at least know about Nike's main shoe lines, and have tried most of them for myself. So when I then go to a store and ask some kid about a pair of Kobes and he says some crap like this, or I ask a lady about the Jordan Gamma 11's and she asks what those are, or I ask if they're going to be getting in a pair of the new KD's and am told "I don't know", I get pissed.
mean.gif

Know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure what they are looking for in these employees sometimes. Granted some know the product but some know nothing.

In all seriousness, **** like that annoys me. I've tried to get a job at FNL, and other shoe stores before, as have many of my friends; and we've all been turned down at various points. I don't know all the shoes on the market or know about every single shoe that's ever released, but I at least know about Nike's main shoe lines, and have tried most of them for myself. So when I then go to a store and ask some kid about a pair of Kobes and he says some crap like this, or I ask a lady about the Jordan Gamma 11's and she asks what those are, or I ask if they're going to be getting in a pair of the new KD's and am told "I don't know", I get pissed.
mean.gif

I agree with you there man. That's a pretty obvious thing to know. To be devils advocate I was working at GNC as my first job out of high school and everyone thought since I worked there I should know about all the products.

Know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure what they are looking for in these employees sometimes. Granted some know the product but some know nothing.
a lot of retail shops hire based on tax credits (vets, affirmative action, welfare to work programs) not necessarily the most qualified 

In all seriousness, **** like that annoys me. I've tried to get a job at FNL, and other shoe stores before, as have many of my friends; and we've all been turned down at various points. I don't know all the shoes on the market or know about every single shoe that's ever released, but I at least know about Nike's main shoe lines, and have tried most of them for myself. So when I then go to a store and ask some kid about a pair of Kobes and he says some crap like this, or I ask a lady about the Jordan Gamma 11's and she asks what those are, or I ask if they're going to be getting in a pair of the new KD's and am told "I don't know", I get pissed. :smh:

Sad thing is dude had to ask another person so that means 2 clueless employees.

Please tell me this was not a nike outlet in SoCal

^^^^^ Nice need me one of those Hollywood Nights jersey. Perfect with the Sulfurs.

First time posting in here, mostly just read up, but ordered DS Easters for $175 anybody think I could have got them cheaper? Didn't really see too many size 14 much cheaper than that anywhere lately.

First time posting in here, mostly just read up, but ordered DS Easters for $175 anybody think I could have got them cheaper? Didn't really see too many size 14 much cheaper than that anywhere lately.
Thats a real good price. Take it and run.

$175? :smile: DS Easters? :nerd: Size 14?! 8) S.T.E.A.L. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom