OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I saw on some IG page (ESMchicago I believe), they wanted 4,100 for a size 13 lol...But I know some people who have recently sold their pairs for high 1k's-2k range for non size 13's.

Crazy. When these first dropped none of us thought they'd get that high. I think people were clowning a d dude that spent 600 on em lol

Got these this morning in a straight up trade for a pair of Aloha Cortez's. So much win.

Last edited:
absolute steal. and that's not even considering secondary market value. if you just look at msrp v. msrp you won out big time. doesn't hurt that the bhm's are amazing as well. nice grab.

absolute steal. and that's not even considering secondary market value. if you just look at msrp v. msrp you won out big time. doesn't hurt that the bhm's are amazing as well. nice grab.

Thanks. I almost feel bad because of how much I came out winning, but I asked him more than once if he was sure he wanted to do a straight up trade and he said yes, so hey, I'll leave it at that.

On the double up talk. I think I've always had the double up mentality even when I wasn't really into shoes. I'd buy two of the same pairs since I knew I'd rock the hell out of a pair. Got back heavy into shoes. Big mistake now. Got way too many shoes thanks to the mentality. I'm now trying to curb that behavior and try to sell of my doubles.

Crazy. When these first dropped none of us thought they'd get that high. I think people were clowning a d dude that spent 600 on em lol
Yea ppl were saying 300 was too much initially. Then that one guy dropped 600ish on a size 13 and people thought he was out of his mind. Now he looks like a genius considering I've never heard of a size 13 being sold outside of then and this new one for 4100.

[ATTACHMENT=7259]image.jpg (523k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Balled on these just twice and already has battle scars... That's why I'm so hesitant to use these for basketball. Purple gradients is a grail colorway for me. Too painful to see, too painful to watch. Do u have same problem with your purple gradients?

Last edited:
bff0f689_image.jpeg

Balled on these just twice and already has battle scars... That's why I'm so hesitant to use these for basketball. Purple gradients is a grail colorway for me. Too painful to see, too painful to watch. Do u have same problem with your purple gradients?
I am always a believer in ballin in all of my kicks. However,  the fades and my white pair of ids are the two exceptions that I have. Gradients are just too nice of cw to see get recked. I would hate to see any of my pairs get destroyed but for the 8's I usually got darker colored pairs. Blk/Gld elites, sulfer, red pp, etc.

True.. IDK if i should now just double up the Gradients or what. One for casual and one for ballin'.
Its a shoe that in my eyes is definitely worth doubling up on. It just really depends on how much you like them. I know they are starting to dry up so prices are gonna rise.

True.. IDK if i should now just double up the Gradients or what. One for casual and one for ballin'.
I know how you feel with those toe scars.  The pair of 8s I've played in the most are the blue lights and it definitely shows, particularly on the toe.  Doubling up wouldn't be a bad idea here.

Even if you don't, here is my take on beating up on your favorite pairs (apologize for the brief tangent):

I've found for myself, that I am much happier wearing a pair into the ground than constantly worrying about it's condition and how much life it has left.  It isn't this extreme for most, but I basically only ball in my shoes because with work I don't wear hoop shoes.  Work boots or runners are as casual as it'll get.  I've found I'd rather enjoy hooping in them and looking back thinking, "man, I had some good runs in that pair," feels good 
laugh.gif
  If someone is only a casual wearer they can think, "man, had some great days/nights in those" or whatever

Don't mean to get all sappy, just how I've come to see it.  I've just wasted too much time worrying about the condition of my pairs or the next big release

Anytime you guys start talking about a particular cw, it magically appears in the 9.5 to 10 classifieds. Last week it was the Xmas Lights and a few postings popped up. Now gradients and there's a DS pair as of yesterday evening. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom