OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The 8 really ruined how I feel about the 7's...

I put on some 7's a couple of days ago and almost regret buying all my pairs...
mean.gif

The comfort of the Kobe 8 is simply amazing
i feel the EXACT same way about the my 7's as well.

Glad u said u have wide feet..So I may still have a chance in the bron 9. with thinner socks.and the other junk i said.

If I play in a low cut bball shoe, Im def gonna have to get something for my ankles.

im in the same boat. Never balled in a lowtop out of straight fear. these are the first low shoe ive even been tempted to play in.

on another note, been thinking about running in these, as ive been training for a 5k and own all bball shoes. ive been running in a pair of airmax 90s. anyone run in these?

I will say this bout the bron IX, some pairs seem to fit different. For example, I bought the MN in an 11.5 and my toes hit the front toebox by just walking in them, but my Xmas pair in 11.5 fits great...my freegums in a 12 fit like my Xmas in 11.5....it's really weird.

I will say this bout the bron IX, some pairs seem to fit different. For example, I bought the MN in an 11.5 and my toes hit the front toebox by just walking in them, but my Xmas pair in 11.5 fits great...my freegums in a 12 fit like my Xmas in 11.5....it's really weird.

im in the same boat. Never balled in a lowtop out of straight fear. these are the first low shoe ive even been tempted to play in.

on another note, been thinking about running in these, as ive been training for a 5k and own all bball shoes. ive been running in a pair of airmax 90s. anyone run in these?

IMO, Id get an actual running shoe..Granted this is a bball shoe specifically designed for Kobe, he does run in it just the same. BUT, its designed for basketball/a basketball player.

Id go with a running shoe fine tuned for just that..IMO..

i hope my XDR pythons dont get stuck in customs. i ordered sunday and they flew them out from taiwan to LA yesterday. its at the usps international service center right now. i also hope i dont have to pay any customs fees. that would suck.

Yeah go with a running shoe like Lunarglide 4. More flexibility and geared towards running. Not to mention cheaper lol.

IMO, Id get an actual running shoe..Granted this is a bball shoe specifically designed for Kobe, he does run in it just the same. BUT, its designed for basketball/a basketball player.

Id go with a running shoe fine tuned for just that..IMO..

Yeah go with a running shoe like Lunarglide 4. More flexibility and geared towards running. Not to mention cheaper lol.

good lookin out my dudes. not to derail thread too hard, but any opinion on the air max 90s as running shoes?

Ive read that on a few ppl's performance review, some saythat bout the toebox thing, and some say about the being TTS and like walking on clouds after the break in period..So, the only thing i can do is wait..Tmoro cant get here fast enuff..

AM 90, I owned a pair back in the day. Thought they were high off the ground and cushioning isn't as good. Heavier than the Lunarglide 4 and not much breathability. Why go with old technology when the new stuff is above and beyond better? Test the LG4 for yourself and you'll probably never wear AM 90 again haha.

I put on some 7's a couple of days ago and almost regret buying all my pairs... :smh:

like i said before, the VII were a disgrace to the Kobe line and Nike in general. those shoes sucked, colorways sucked, and they werent that good looking at all.

fail all around

good lookin out my dudes. not to derail thread too hard, but any opinion on the air max 90s as running shoes?

Yes...BROOKS..They made a believer out of me..Won a pair or 2 while wrkn at FinishLine. Most comfy running type shoe Ive ever put on. Plus they accomodate to your arch. If youre flat footed id go with the BEAST.

Ima go put my app back in...:lol:

^^ I'll add the Uunder Armour RC Charge Storm as a great running show. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. I've bought 4 pair of them...

i hope my XDR pythons dont get stuck in customs. i ordered sunday and they flew them out from taiwan to LA yesterday. its at the usps international service center right now. i also hope i dont have to pay any customs fees. that would suck.
Which seller did you get them from? That is quick shipping!

Last edited:
AM 90, I owned a pair back in the day. Thought they were high off the ground and cushioning isn't as good. Heavier than the Lunarglide 4 and not much breathability. Why go with old technology when the new stuff is above and beyond better? Test the LG4 for yourself and you'll probably never wear AM 90 again haha.

Good advice. Newer running shoes are so much better than the old ones used to be. Obviously each individual is different, but running in basketball shoes always made my legs hurt and feel worn out faster than in real running shoes. Plus, you will wear out your Kobe's much faster pounding the pavement in them while running. If you plan on continuing to run after your 5k, go to a running specialty store and have your stride analyzed to get a shoe that fits your body mechanics.

Keeping in line with the thread, I need to see the pythons in person to determine if I am going to buy them. Those Blue lights and camo reds might make me hold off on purchasing the pythons.

Last edited:
Yes...BROOKS..They made a believer out of me..Won a pair or 2 while wrkn at FinishLine. Most comfy running type shoe Ive ever put on. Plus they accomodate to your arch. If youre flat footed id go with the BEAST.

Ima go put my app back in...:lol:
This. I have flat feet and only buy Brooks or New Balance. The Brooks Beast or NB 1600 (I think) are both great. Also, for the price, the materials are great. If I bought a $200 New Balance, it would probably be the Ghost or Phantom of running shoes. Whereas Nike for $200 would just rerelease a 25 year old shoe with cheaper materials.

I wouldn't go running in them. That's asking for injury.

But I digress, the Kobe 8 is a great shoe. I made SB Kobe 8s but didn't pull the trigger. I'd also like Breds and Cement inspired joints.

Last edited:

mean.gif

I COMPLETELY agree with you, it's a good thing I only bought the Wolf and Cloak cws. Now we just need to get more cws released to enjoy this line more. I'm hoping the 9's will be a combo of the 6's and 8's in terms of comfort and function. Still waiting patiently for Red Camo, Blue Lights and Purple gradients and whatever sweet cws that has yet to be released but is coming our way.

ny_5thavenue. expedited shipping was included for free and they were $184 total. estimated delivery says january 29-31.
Same thing here.  Interested to see how customs works out on these.  I hope eveything goes smooth and we actually get our pythons by Thursday with no extra fees

mean.gif

That's why I had to skip out on all the 7's. My wide feet didn't like the feel of them. Skipped that entire line up completely. 

Back
Top Bottom