**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

I second this 100%. The Dri Fit Knit line is very high quality, and Aeroreact stuff is also pretty nice if you can find it for the right price. 
Crazy that you guys mentioned the Dry fit knit stuff. Just got my first shirt this past weekend at the outlet and I am highly impressed. Upset that I didn't know about this earlier. Going to try and get every color haha

Don't think so, but if you havent tried these I'd recommend them.

Ultimate Dry Hoodie (2016) Size down IMO

Price $40-60

(bought a size large and its too long,  a medium is perfectly fitted)

Therma Sphere Element Hoodie (2016) TTS

$50-60
Nike Dri Fit Knit Tee (2015) TTS

$30-50

Nike Dri Fit Knit Tee (2016) TTS or Size up because its more fitted than the 2015

$40-50

--EBAY PRICES--

F**king amazing to train in IMO. I prefer the Ultimate dry hoodie the most because its thin and stretchy. The therma sphere element is more for cold conditions, but still great. Greatest part imo about the running hoodies is breathability if you sweat a lot.

Any of these still on NDC I'd like to take a look especially sure nice you recommended for training

Any of these still on NDC I'd like to take a look especially sure nice you recommended for training
Nike kind of changed their marketing names but here are the ones i recommended

ultimate dry hoodie 2016

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-mens-training-hoodie/pid-10842514/pgid-11861747

2017 version of ultimate dry (I'll try it out when it hits discount)

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-mens-long-sleeve-training-top/pid-11198157/pgid-11464834

therma sphere element

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/t...ens-running-hoodie/pid-11109177/pgid-11877736

Dry knit tee 2016 
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-knit-mens-running-shirt/pid-10734648/pgid-11546258

I would recommend buying them on ebay its about 1/3 to 1/2 of the original mrsp or unless you have a good outlet

Last edited:
I just checked out the ts, they look cool, but running tops almost always fit horribly imo. Def interested in trying some on though.

I just checked out the ts, they look cool, but running tops almost always fit horribly imo. Def interested in trying some on though.
Yeah I feel that way too for some of them and sometimes it's like nips poking thru 24/7 lol.

Nike kind of changed their marketing names but here are the ones i recommended

ultimate dry hoodie 2016
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-mens-training-hoodie/pid-10842514/pgid-11861747

2017 version of ultimate dry (I'll try it out when it hits discount)
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-mens-long-sleeve-training-top/pid-11198157/pgid-11464834

therma sphere element
 http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/t...ens-running-hoodie/pid-11109177/pgid-11877736

Dry knit tee 2016 
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-knit-mens-running-shirt/pid-10734648/pgid-11546258

I would recommend buying them on ebay its about 1/3 to 1/2 of the original mrsp or unless you have a good outlet
Is the ultimate dry hoodie suitable for cross training? Looking for a new hoodie for chilly evenings at crossfit. The tf windrunners and aw77 are far too fitted for full movement.

Is the ultimate dry hoodie suitable for cross training? Looking for a new hoodie for chilly evenings at crossfit. The tf windrunners and aw77 are far too fitted for full movement.
It's very thin material. Depending on your definition of chilly, not sure if it'll be warm enough for you. Stretchy so you'll be fine moving around in it. If you want warmth, I would just go with a cheap baggy hoodie like champion hoodies to work out in. They've been having huge sales on them on amazon for like $14 a hoodie.

might have to try out the dry fit knit tee to run in.

a little off topic, checking out those pictures, I had no clue thats what this little piece is for. I have a couple nike running shirts that have this on there too, and never would have guessed :rofl:

View media item 2326810

Its pretty good but i would layer something underneath if its gonna be cold. So far ive had mine for a few months and its been pretty durable from the olympic bar and my dip belt. It might be more rough on clean and jerks if you do those,

might have to try out the dry fit knit tee to run in.

a little off topic, checking out those pictures, I had no clue thats what this little piece is for. I have a couple nike running shirts that have this on there too, and never would have guessed :rofl:

View media item 2326810

Since we're kind of this topic.... for wireless earbuds i'd recommend some jaybird x3s lol ($100)

I own just about every Nike Therma Element, Therma Sphere Max, and Dri-FIT knit/running tops there are, let me know if you guys have any questions regarding fit, quality, performance, etc.

Since we're kind of this topic.... for wireless earbuds i'd recommend some jaybird x3s lol ($100)

ive had no problems with my power beats the past year and a half.

Now others, keep your beats are garbage comments to yourself please :lol:

Now others, keep your beats are garbage comments to yourself please :lol:[/quote/]

Lol i got a couple of friends to transition from beats to jaybirds
Overall powerbeats 2 are ok i think the sound is just bad because of design (lets more outside sound in)
Comply foam tips fix this though

Last edited:
Just picked up a pair of AirPods. IMO they are GOAT especially if you dont like in-ear headphones.

Its pretty good but i would layer something underneath if its gonna be cold. So far ive had mine for a few months and its been pretty durable from the olympic bar and my dip belt. It might be more rough on clean and jerks if you do those,
so the ultimate dry material is durable and resists pilling after repeated washes? I have a pair of the current model dri fit fleece shorts and they pilled horribly after just one wash. will prob give these a go if durability is up there.

is the hoodie fitted all around?

Last edited:
@ek1m  You could use the hoodie that I use for working out, I actually have it on right now. The Nike Dry Training Hoodie http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-mens-training-hoodie/pid-11179114/pgid-11878156

@drisk34  I use the powerbeats2 and they're awesome for me as well. For those that don't like the noise that gets in with these, i remember reading somewhere that they got overwhelming feedback that most people didn't want all of the outside noise to get cancelled out. More than likely so you don't get draxxed by a car 

I own just about every Nike Therma Element, Therma Sphere Max, and Dri-FIT knit/running tops there are, let me know if you guys have any questions regarding fit, quality, performance, etc.
Hey MP23, I'm looking for short and long sleeves for multipurpose use: train, travel, casual, etc.  I've noticed my favorite pieces contain some kinda of spandex/stretchy materials.  Do any of your pieces?

As far as fit, I think the running stuff fits better than TF in general, and partly due to the blend of stretchy materials.  Might have to shift my collection a bit now.  

Hey MP23, I'm looking for short and long sleeves for multipurpose use: train, travel, casual, etc.  I've noticed my favorite pieces contain some kinda of spandex/stretchy materials.  Do any of your pieces?

As far as fit, I think the running stuff fits better than TF in general, and partly due to the blend of stretchy materials.  Might have to shift my collection a bit now.  

Every knit piece I own is a polyester/nylon blend, which does have some stretch to them. All the Dri-FIT Dry training pieces are a polyester/spandex blend, the one hoody that retails for $75 is really, really stretchy and moves well with my body. Any knit piece you pick up, long or short sleeve, is going to be super comfortable
and multi-purpose, you can wear it around while also doing workouts in them. The Sphere Element Running Half-Zip Top is my favorite running piece by far, so warm and its got spandex in it as well. Its super lightweight, yet keeps you very warm so its really nice to have. I own the Therma Max Sphere Training Jacket and Pants, the first generation. Those are both stretchy and super warm, I wouldn't use them in anything in above 45 degrees or so because you would overheat.

I own a ton of TF and I have never once worked out in it, strictly sportswear around places. They are not performance pieces at all. Can you go run in some joggers? Of course, but the tapered fit and non Dri-FIT material make it a poor choice. Almost all running pieces are going to be stretchy for movement that works with your body. TF looks great but I have much more performance clothing because its just more comfortable for me and enables your body to breathe a lot more, excluding the Tech Knit stuff of course that has the built-in mesh panels.

Now others, keep your beats are garbage comments to yourself please
laugh.gif
The powerbeats 3 is amazing for battery and pretty comfy. I would try the jaybirds but that charging peripheral would be annoying to have carried around. I always forget to bring multiple chargers. Having one microusb to charge everything is more convenient for me.
Just picked up a pair of AirPods. IMO they are GOAT especially if you dont like in-ear headphones.
I can't justify paying that much for airpods... The regular iphone buds don't even stay in my ear well. Plus I tend to lose small things like that easily lol.

Just got my first pair of tech knit pants in. Surprised with how short they are. They are still very comfortable though. Also those zone areas that look dark in stock photos and appear a different color are way more subtle in person

Every knit piece I own is a polyester/nylon blend, which does have some stretch to them. All the Dri-FIT Dry training pieces are a polyester/spandex blend, the one hoody that retails for $75 is really, really stretchy and moves well with my body. Any knit piece you pick up, long or short sleeve, is going to be super comfortable
and multi-purpose, you can wear it around while also doing workouts in them. The Sphere Element Running Half-Zip Top is my favorite running piece by far, so warm and its got spandex in it as well. Its super lightweight, yet keeps you very warm so its really nice to have. I own the Therma Max Sphere Training Jacket and Pants, the first generation. Those are both stretchy and super warm, I wouldn't use them in anything in above 45 degrees or so because you would overheat.

I own a ton of TF and I have never once worked out in it, strictly sportswear around places. They are not performance pieces at all. Can you go run in some joggers? Of course, but the tapered fit and non Dri-FIT material make it a poor choice. Almost all running pieces are going to be stretchy for movement that works with your body. TF looks great but I have much more performance clothing because its just more comfortable for me and enables your body to breathe a lot more, excluding the Tech Knit stuff of course that has the built-in mesh panels.
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dri-fit-half-zip-mens-golf-shirt/pid-10744417/pgid-11896599

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/d...mens-running-shirt/pid-11103655/pgid-11914100

I got both of the links in black.  I love the thermal (2nd link), which made me contemplate returning the golf shirt (1st link) to try Sphere.  But, I'll probably end up keeping it as it claims to provide mobility and stretch even though there's no spandex.  Does Sphere have the thermal lining?  Or is it just a poly/nylon blend? 

I also noticed this today.  It's thermal but NOT dri-fit.  It's 100% poly.  Is there truly a difference from 100% poly and 100% dri-fit poly?  Or is that just a marketing thing?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...leeve-quarter-zip-shirt-16nikmthrmtplsqzsnft/

Last edited:
If you're gonna try out jaybirds go with the X3
The freedom ($200) is essentially the beta (new charging cradle + external battery) and failed horribly because its not entirely sweat resistant and they usually break because of the sweat touching the connectors 

The X3 is a slightly upgraded X2 with slimmer design, better sound, and the new charging cradle without extra external battery

The charge is pretty quick I just leave the USB in my car and charge it when I drive out to the gym (15mins) 

X3s usually go on sale for $100

also another thing you can do is just buy comply foam tips (I added my jaybird ones to my powerbeats 2) and the sound is exceptionally better.

Also jaybirds new charger is a 6 pin connector
so you would have a Micro usb and use the Micro USB to 6 pin connector cable 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom