OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Anyone else think that the Nike flyiknit racer in the black-and-white color way we will release tomorrow alongside the rest of the Black history month collection?

Anyone else think that the Nike flyiknit racer in the black-and-white color way we will release tomorrow alongside the rest of the Black history month collection?
it's a good theory, but seriously nobody knows, just keep an eye out.

No reason to lie. Call em up and see what sizes RRS still has. Got a 9.5 coming in and a 10.5 preorder for my friend which is backordered.

I have these racers too, from the first drop during Olympic season, used legit flywire that actually works. I compared to my new flyknits B&W (black tongue) from RRS and the flywire is defective, its just there for cosmetics...doesn't even perform to its function. 

For some reason, the flywire on the B&W feel like its just glued into place. It doesnt  lockdown (the way flywire is supposed to work).
This guy brings up an interesting point with all the broken/defective Flyknit flywire photos surfacing lately on the B/W's.....are the newer Racers made with less quality materials? The newest pair I have are Hyper Punch/Volt's and I haven't any problems with them yet.  

This guy brings up an interesting point with all the broken/defective Flyknit flywire photos surfacing lately on the B/W's.....are the newer Racers made with less quality materials? The newest pair I have are Hyper Punch/Volt's and I haven't any problems with them yet.  
I dont think so. It depends how the person puts on the shoe imo. It happened with my MC racers a year ago, my first pair of racers. I just got them and I was too lazy to loosen the shoe all the way and i slipped on my foot and put too much for on the collar/tongue and snapped the flywire.

It was an easy fix. just super glued the flywire and i was good to go.

i definitely learned my lesson.

Last edited:

I dont think so. It depends how the person puts on the shoe imo. It happened with my MC racers a year ago, my first pair of racers. I just got them and I was too lazy to loosen the shoe all the way and i slipped on my foot and put too much for on the collar/tongue and snapped the flywire.

the flywire does not even move on the new black and white racers, especially the wire on the highest loophole. If the flywire is glued into place, it's not going to give and its going to rip. 

I think that more than just the breakage, people are commenting on the lack of support even when tied as if you were to go running in them. The function of flywire is to give additional support, and lock the foot in place. I can also agree that the more recent colorways of the Racer haven't felt like the first models in that sense. Still feels loose, even when laced up tight.

tried to add some of the pictures i could find for the colorways listed so people have an idea. missing some though.

Pretty much on point, except that Fireberrys are the bright pink/volt model that was a promo style last year. The ones you mentioned are coming out though, Blue Lagoon/Volt. I also forgot Game Royals return next year as well.

Someone asked about Oreo clarification, they cone back this year and next year as well.

Last edited:
Pretty much on point, except that Fireberrys are the bright pink/volt model that was a promo style last year. The ones you mentioned are coming out though, Blue Lagoon/Volt. I also forgot Game Royals return next year as well.

Someone asked about Oreo clarification, they cone back this year and next year as well.
Thanks for all the info man, true OG.

My question is...will they ever bring the lunar trainers (htm NRG) to the states and make them as a GR...doesn't have to be htm

you hear that everyone with Oreo's for sale? Time to put them up for sale for $225 and less.

I'm here for you.

Last edited:
Any way to stop the tongue from sliding down on racers other than tying them as tight as football laces?

Any way to stop the tongue from sliding down on racers other than tying them as tight as football laces?
I've had this problem too, but now when I lace mine I take the laces through the two loops in the tounge one notch higher than how you normally see them laced. And it works for me and looks ok too. I can post a pic if needed

I've had this problem too, but now when I lace mine I take the laces through the two loops in the tounge one notch higher than how you normally see them laced. And it works for me and looks ok too. I can post a pic if needed

Think I follow you, but I'd like to see how it looks before I fuss w/ it if you don't mind, kind sir :smile:

Think I follow you, but I'd like to see how it looks before I fuss w/ it if you don't mind, kind sir :smile:

I lace all my racers like this now and don't have any tounge slip issues. Doesn't look bad I person either. You can try it and see how you like it

Back
Top Bottom