OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Please dont talk about ankle protection lmao... it doesnt matter if you are wearing lows or highs.. if your ankle wants to roll it will. I mean Durant and Kobe have how many hours combined in lows and have never had an issue.. Rondo, Harden, Lin I mean I can keep going. If they were an issue they wouldnt be worn.

I agree if you are going to roll your ankle it's going to happen either way.

But all those players you listed get their ankles expertly taped before every game. A couple times Rondo wore lows he twisted an ankle.

Got MY KD Texas yesterday. Very easy cop as I just walked into HOH and they had plenty of sizes. Jordan and Lebron are my usual shoe choices but something about this colorway made me want to pick these up.

I agree if you are going to roll your ankle it's going to happen either way.

But all those players you listed get their ankles expertly taped before every game. A couple times Rondo wore lows he twisted an ankle.

I agree with those statements. But i have also seen the same and worse in high tops.. I was just trying to make a point that one is not necessarily better.. its all preference. . I was always afraid to play in lows, but I gave the kobes a try and now thats my favorite shoe to play in.

Yup. Don't matter if it's lo, mid, or hi.. if you land on your ankle wrong, or etc. that thing will definitely roll/sprain lol. I recently rolled/sprained mine in the LBJ 9, Was out for a month ):

Please dont talk about ankle protection lmao... it doesnt matter if you are wearing lows or highs.. if your ankle wants to roll it will. I mean Durant and Kobe have how many hours combined in lows and have never had an issue.. Rondo, Harden, Lin I mean I can keep going. If they were an issue they wouldnt be worn.

You must not watch the NBA a lot because Kobe and Durant have had some nasty ankle rolls. Maybe they look worse because of the low tops.

But anyways low tops aren't for everybody and that's the one thing I don't like about the Kobe sig revolution. Kobe sig fans try to convince people that lows are for everybody when they arent. Different shoes work for different styles of play

You must not watch the NBA a lot because Kobe and Durant have had some nasty ankle rolls. Maybe they look worse because of the low tops.

But anyways low tops aren't for everybody and that's the one thing I don't like about the Kobe sig revolution. Kobe sig fans try to convince people that lows are for everybody when they arent. Different shoes work for different styles of play

Headbands and wristbands aren't for everyone either.. its preference, thats the point. One is not better than the other.

Low or highs . I rolled my ankle pretty bad on both so since than I copped ankle sleeves and have been more cautious on cuts and drives . But I gotta post this .off (ig) .. might have already been seen but dude has some skills on the custom kd v

Last edited:
It had to take dude hours to complete that shoe . Airbrush is on point . In that pic . Like dude said u see players Rollin there ankles in low and highs. Personally I hate that feeling . ! Painful . Never play.with out my sleeves.

:smh: yay! A new custom that will go on EVERYTHING. To top it off, corks aren't nice in the first place.

Headbands and wristbands aren't for everyone either.. its preference, thats the point. One is not better than the other.

:lol: But you came out at him because he said he likes ankle protection that's just like those idiots who would come into the Kobe IV threads and hate on lows.

Also those Corks look like a cool custom. That's what I don't get....I think people can make their own custom corks for a good price( might be more durable too) :lol:

Last edited:
I agree with those statements. But i have also seen the same and worse in high tops.. I was just trying to make a point that one is not necessarily better.. its all preference. . I was always afraid to play in lows, but I gave the kobes a try and now thats my favorite shoe to play in.

I said I would absolutely never play in low tops. Bought a pair of KD IVs and decided to hoop in them and loved them. Took me a while to sprain my ankle but I did. Landed on somebody's foot but I didn't blame it on the shoe because I felt even if I was wearing high tops I would have rolled it. Lo, mid, hi if you land on somebody's foot it's going to hurt. Some might argue high tops give you better support to prevent a severe ankle sprain and some might argue that.

Cork is to resemble a champagne cork, which is to symbolize popping champagne after winning a championship.

Cork is to resemble a champagne cork, which is to symbolize popping champagne after winning a championship.
Okay, that makes since. But instead of a heavily weak and awkward looking upper why not make a champagne colored upper instead? It seems like they took a cool concept a little too far... 

To continue the hi vs low top argument...

i ball in my easter ivs and have yet to sprain my ankle. i landed on a kids foot in my old hi tops a year ago and fractured it. it wouldve happened in lows too.

you cant really argue that they're different unless u fall the exact same way twice, once in hi's and once in low's.

Okay, that makes since. But instead of a heavily weak and awkward looking upper why not make a champagne colored upper instead? It seems like they took a cool concept a little too far... 
I feel like if they added cork to the champagne colored upper and didn't make it the dominant feature, this would be a 10x hotter shoe.

I played center for years and never sprained my ankle... matter of fact I used to land on my ankle when i was just learning how to dunk... never sprained it... I played in some air maxed and nearly broke my ankle when I landed on someone's foot and then rolled all my weight on it... since then never played in anything but hightops and have never hurt the ankle since.. there is a reason why basketball shoes have traditionally been high tops... the ankle support is not perfect but damn close!!

and we are off topic..... can we leave the hi-top/low-top/mid-cut for some other bickering jags please? As noted many times in numerous places, depending on playing style, weight, previous injury history, court conditions, blah blah blah, bad ankle/foot stuff can happen to nearly anyone at anytime in any shoe. I played in flip-flops last weekend and no problems, therefore they should be fine for ball right? similarly I wore some pony high tops and some air max revolutions back in the 80s and sprained my ankle. Must have been the shoes.. You get my picture. Is anyone doubting that the Aunt Pearls will go quickly if not quicker than last year based on the "pink" hype?

and we are off topic..... can we leave the hi-top/low-top/mid-cut for some other bickering jags please? As noted many times in numerous places, depending on playing style, weight, previous injury history, court conditions, blah blah blah, bad ankle/foot stuff can happen to nearly anyone at anytime in any shoe. I played in flip-flops last weekend and no problems, therefore they should be fine for ball right? similarly I wore some pony high tops and some air max revolutions back in the 80s and sprained my ankle. Must have been the shoes.. You get my picture. Is anyone doubting that the Aunt Pearls will go quickly if not quicker than last year based on the "pink" hype?

:lol:

U wanna not talk about ankles/low tops/hi tops to talk about a pink shoe?

What does it matter how fast they will go?

U will get your pair pookie..

Last edited:
I think they will sell out fast . The hype is high . Just like asg...

U can get the asg for a good price on othersite

btw wutup dre how u livin bruh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom