OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom Kobe III Post. MVP SHOE DONE..USA MAYBE?

I've been looking for some of the Huarache 2k4 lasers for a minute. Always see the white ones, but never the others :frown:

Since this is the III thread...it'll be months before anyone finds this but I LOVE 3s so......
Today's pickup

nice bump. the iii's were some of my favorites out of the kobe sigs.

love how they looked like a symbiote wrapped around your foot. kinda like they're living. and that large white swoosh on the back was a touch of perfection.

was so dope watchin kobe with the away jersey n the blk iii's goin hard.

only bought 3 pair. this was well before nike started pumpin out 30 colorways per sig.

Last edited:
nice bump. the iii's were some of my favorites out of the kobe sigs.

love how they looked like a symbiote wrapped around your foot. kinda like they're living. and that large white swoosh on the back was a touch of perfection.

was so dope watchin kobe with the away jersey n the blk iii's goin hard.

only bought 3 pair. this was well before nike started pumpin out 30 colorways per sig.

I think besides the comfort, the swoosh placement is what I love so much about the 3. 3s were the last thing I saw Kobe in before I left for Iraq in '08. Idk why but it left an impression on my brain that is still with me.

^ im all for that.

may have to step outside of myself n post some pix of my iii's...

these were def slept on tho. lotta people were scared of this design. they are a lil too different for most and unless they're bein worn with shorts, they dont have much casual appeal.

btw, need those kobe iii asia's up there. joints were hellla expensive around the time they released...

Damn... I remember walking into Footlocker one day and seeing the black/yellow 2K4 Laser's and freaking out. I had no idea they were releasing. True QS, no hype

i look @ the iii's and think "what couldve been".

always felt like they never did as much as they couldve with colorways for these...

both the MVP's and the home colorway (SL's) couldve been executed better.

a finals shoe wouldve been dope as welll...

The IIIs are one of the best in the line performance wise. I still ball in my MPLS to this day. Bout to be retired though. My fav pair is the asia away pair. Glad I was able to find my size ds last year.

i look @ the iii's and think "what couldve been".

always felt like they never did as much as they couldve with colorways for these...

both the MVP's and the home colorway (SL's) couldve been executed better.

a finals shoe wouldve been dope as welll...

I kinda liked that they didn't go wild on the CWs but I love the 3 so much that I wish there were more options.
When it's all said and done I believe the 3 will be the one that most people regret not buying.

I kinda liked that they didn't go wild on the CWs but I love the 3 so much that I wish there were more options.
When it's all said and done .

true story.

i bought my away iii's for like 75. i saw a post on ebay for a ds pair like 3-4 months ago for like 230. couldnt f****** believe it...

when i wear mine, people look like they've seen a ghost...

The webbing was polarizing, but the overall silhouette of the III is awesome.

Not sure why the run of this shoe was so limited. There were a decent number of colorways but a lot were limited or Asia-exclusive. The II's had a lot going on between the three different models and a handful of colorways for each.

true story.

i bought my away iii's for like 75. i saw a post on ebay for a ds pair like 3-4 months ago for like 230. couldnt f****** believe it...

when i wear mine, people look like they've seen a ghost...

LOL don't you love that look!?

The webbing was polarizing, but the overall silhouette of the III is awesome.

Not sure why the run of this shoe was so limited. There were a decent number of colorways but a lot were limited or Asia-exclusive. The II's had a lot going on between the three different models and a handful of colorways for each.

Because before the Lakers started winning, Kobe's shoes were doing horribly at retail. Every colorway of the Kobe 1 and 2 were sitting at Nike outlets. I bought 15 pairs of ZK1 for $30 each. Asia was the only ones that still had love for Kobe at that time. Once the Lakers started winning and Kobe's image came back around, the 4's dropped and the Kobe line took off.

The IIIs did drop right in the middle of Kobe's Trade Request season (07) which could also be why they scaled back. The 1s and 2s weren't doing so hot, and the trade "controversy" probably wasn't an encouraging sign when they got ready to launch the shoe.

Of course they made the Finals that year after the Gasol trade but they moved him over to the Hyperdunk

I'm still looking for the MVPs or the Chinas. Been rocking my Black/White pair lately along with some Black/Maize ZK1s that I've balled in, both still holding up just fine :smokin

Nice Wayne.....a guy in my FB group has purple toes straight off Kobe's feet and signed. He's pretty well connected in the Laker organization. I'm super jealous.

Back
Top Bottom