Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Been rocking TdH the past few days...not really a fan of the opening. I think it's a bit TOO citrusy and in your face. However, the drydown is terrific. It's a very pleasant orange scent for the warmer weather.
i think thats the general consensus with TdH. Opening is bad but drydown is amazing.

Been rocking TdH the past few days...not really a fan of the opening. I think it's a bit TOO citrusy and in your face. However, the drydown is terrific. It's a very pleasant orange scent for the warmer weather.

the majority of scents like this generally have a citrus opening that people don't like but once it settles things become much better

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation. I thought I remembered someone on here talking about a Mont Blanc scent they were looking at but wasn't sure about this one. Might grab it on my way home from work this evening and see.

You guys with these stories about your friends and colognes are funny though 
laugh.gif

Thanks for the recommendation. I thought I remembered someone on here talking about a Mont Blanc scent they were looking at but wasn't sure about this one. Might grab it on my way home from work this evening and see.

You guys with these stories about your friends and colognes are funny though 
laugh.gif
I got cologne related stories for days

-went on this cruise last summer. forgot to pack cologne so before we hit the club, we would go to the perfume store and use the testers

-back in middle school when hollister was big, my friends would go to the meal to steal the hollister jake testers

Was in CVS and happened to look at what they had. Any of these worth a try?

Mont Blanc Legend
Burberry Touch
Burberry Brit

I'd recommend any of these, Touch being my favorite of the group with Legend coming in second and Brit third.

Touch is good casual scent. I think it works best at night for going out.

Legend is another good casual scent that can work during the day or night, but I prefer Touch at night over this.

Personally, I think Brit is more formal than casual. I could only see myself wearing it if I had on a suit. Probably sound weird, but it just gives off that vibe to me.

I'd recommend any of these, Touch being my favorite of the group with Legend coming in second and Brit third.

Touch is good casual scent. I think it works best at night for going out.

Legend is another good casual scent that can work during the day or night, but I prefer Touch at night over this.

Personally, I think Brit is more formal than casual. I could only see myself wearing it if I had on a suit. Probably sound weird, but it just gives off that vibe to me.
LOL, that's what everyone says about Brit.

Touch is legit. Very strong and a good smell.

If you are looking for something cheap with an Aventus vibe then Insurrection will work but if you expect Aventus for $20 then you will be extremely disappointed

I am not a fan of the D&G Light Blue at all; D&G's best currently in production scent is the The One IMO

:lol: can't buy a Corolla and expect a Ferrari's performance. But if it even somewhat resembles Aventus for $20 I'll be satisfied. My nose ain't that well developed yet anyway. I'll let y'all know how both M and Insurrection go

laugh.gif
can't buy a Corolla and expect a Ferrari's performance. But if it even somewhat resembles Aventus for $20 I'll be satisfied. My nose ain't that well developed yet anyway. I'll let y'all know how both M and Insurrection go
Look into Lomani AB spirit silver as well.I bought 1 for $28 last week and it is close to aventus imo,not 100% but very close.

The opening first 10 mins and dry down is exact but it is less strong and less sweet in the top notes.The missing sweetness is what separates it but it has the smokey/woodsy scent down.Both lasted on my skin for over 10 hrs.For $30 its amazing and has gotten great reviews.It gets unncessary hate because it is not aventus,it is a clone and people are mad that they paid alot of money for aventus and this is close.

For $30 it cant be beat imo.I noticed that it has become a hit on the net and prices has be rising and places has been selling out quickly.I like aventus more but will be rocking this to save my aventus for a longer period.

Last edited:
Eternity for men (aqua) by calvin klein, my girl loves this stuff on me. Says she just wants to smell me, or eat me. Which I remind she does

Its a good clean scent for summer and pretty cheap.Strong tho

Last edited:
Creed Silver Mountain Water
View media item 1004218
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Creed/Silver-Mountain-Water-472.html

5ml $13
10ml $21
20ml $36
30ml $50
50ml $75

Creed Original Vetiver
View media item 1004219
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Creed/Original-Vetiver-468.html

5ml $12
10ml $20
20ml $35
30ml $48
50ml $72

Bond No 9 Chez Bond
View media item 1004220
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Bond-No-9/Chez-Bond-3259.html

5ml $13
10ml $22
20ml $38
30ml $54
50ml $82

Bond No 9 Bleecker Street
View media item 1004221
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Bond-No-9/Bleecker-Street-1301.html

5ml $13
10ml $22
20ml $38
30ml $54
50ml $82

as always pm me with the amount you want and your paypal address

:lol: can't buy a Corolla and expect a Ferrari's performance. But if it even somewhat resembles Aventus for $20 I'll be satisfied. My nose ain't that well developed yet anyway. I'll let y'all know how both M and Insurrection go

Look into Lomani AB spirit silver as well.I bought 1 for $28 last week and it is close to aventus imo,not 100% but very close.

The opening first 10 mins and dry down is exact but it is less strong and less sweet in the top notes.The missing sweetness is what separates it but it has the smokey/woodsy scent down.Both lasted on my skin for over 10 hrs.For $30 its amazing and has gotten great reviews.It gets unncessary hate because it is not aventus,it is a clone and people are mad that they paid alot of money for aventus and this is close.

For $30 it cant be beat imo.I noticed that it has become a hit on the net and prices has be rising and places has been selling out quickly.I like aventus more but will be rocking this to save my aventus for a longer period.

Would you say this is better than Insurrection Pure? I'm only gonna buy one of the two

Just got my Chanel Allure Edition Blanche split. It's OK, it smells good but it's nothing special to me. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Allure Homme Sport? I'll still put it in my rotation so that I don't get sick of my other colognes

Would you say this is better than Insurrection Pure? I'm only gonna buy one of the two
Never smelled Insurrection pure before so I cant say.Someone recommended me to get the lomani ab spirit silver over the Insurrection pure so I went with it and I am very happy with it.

Try and read some reviews/watch youtube reviews and do research tho.I read hundreds of reviews before I even get a sample of something sometimes.

Appreciate it man.

Just got some Perry Ellis M for $20, fellas this stuff is the truth. Got a very strong cinnamon and vanilla smell that I like.

Just got my Chanel Allure Edition Blanche split. It's OK, it smells good but it's nothing special to me. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Allure Homme Sport? I'll still put it in my rotation so that I don't get sick of my other colognes

how do you like it once it dries down? it's a completely different cologne upon initial spray

It was still just an OK, good scent to me. like I said I'm probably spoiled by AHS. I just can't think of a situation where I'd pick EB over AHS; I bought both for casual/summer use and AHS is clearly better

Last edited:
It was still just an OK, good scent to me. like I said I'm probably spoiled by AHS. I just can't think of a situation where I'd pick EB over AHS; I bought both for casual/summer use and AHS is clearly better

the one thing that sometimes is too much for me with edition blanche is the powdery smell; while I loved it for a while I haven't worn it in over 6 months and don't really have the desire to currently

So I went to Macy's and tried on a couple of the popular colognes and here are some of my uneducated opinions.

Nautica Voyage (Sears) - smells really good but is very weak. And after about an hour I can barely smell it at all. Can't buy something that lasts only an hour :smh:

Gucci Guilty - another scent that didn't last very long. Doesn't smell that good anyway

Acqua di Gio - liked this one a lot. Will look to buy it when I find a good deal

Bleu de Chanel - good, but not good enough for me to buy it. I was not impressed with it at all

is versace pour homme decent ? i was thinking of blind buying just a little bottle of it since it don't cost much to test it out

ok cool... yeah, it's not that much so i'm just gonna grab a small bottle.. i need to switch it up this summer and start getting some different stuff

Back
Top Bottom