Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

No lie, we swagger jacking you. Same spot :lol:

Gonna do a Batman vs. Superman cake for my son's Bday. Right around the time the flick comes out and Batman/Superman: Public Enemies is one of his favorite flicks.

Even though we realized as we were watching it the first time that he has no business seeing it :lol:

Go for it. :smokin Their work is excellent. Communication is great as well. They'll make whatever you want and they deliver for a small fee.

EDIT: They also did his first cake. It was a bubble themed party at the Hall of Science so the cake consisted entirely of cake pops. They tasted great man.

View media item 1923165
Also my son loves Batman too. No lie I decided to watch "Under the red hood" with him one day, had to turn that off asap. :lol:

Last edited:
my girl is 3 shes in a taylor swift phase right now lol
my son just turned 3 and my wife got him enjoying taylor swift and spice girls :smh:
when he rides with me i play stuff like jane's addiction and ozzy :lol:

Hard counter :lol:

Yea, my daughter loves Home and the songs from it, helps that Charlie XCX and Rihanna have songs on the soundtrack. My son is all about Blaze and the Monster Machines, Paw Patrol, (Cpt.) Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins, and Mickey Mouse Clubhose. Any of those gets his undivided attn, especially the songs.

My daughter will watch Mickey Mouse for a moment and then want to go play but will dance to Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog lol we haven't found any shows she will be still for yet, can't wait tho lol

They won't sit still bruh, they just won't. My son only sits still long enough to hear the songs that are being sang on the show. He loves music, even gets hype to the Family Feud music :lol:

Him and my daughter have my wife playing that damn Jump Jump like a Kangaroo song nonstop, and they're playing it on my Google Music account so I can't counter :smh:

They won't sit still bruh, they just won't. My son only sits still long enough to hear the songs that are being sang on the show. He loves music, even gets hype to the Family Feud music
laugh.gif

Him and my daughter have my wife playing that damn Jump Jump like a Kangaroo song nonstop, and they're playing it on my Google Music account so I can't counter
mean.gif
oh okay, thought my daughter was the only one who was nonstop lol my daughter dance to anything. we could be sitting around talkin' and she will start shimmyin' her shoulders like she can hear music we can't

My daughter woke up out her sleep a few times to dance to that Fifth Harmony "I'm Worth It" commercial and will go right back to sleep

Anybody dealt with children's allergies? My 4yo son has had a stuffy nose and cough off and on pretty consistently the past 4 months and at first I thought he was getting back to back viruses, but at this point I think there's no way. I'm sure there's been at least a few actual colds during that time, but I swear he hasn't been 100% for more than a few days in a row. Seems to have gotten worse now that everything is starting to bloom in our area, so maybe a combination of indoor (dust mites, mold, dander) and outdoor (pollen) allergens causing him trouble? I hate to think that he'll need to be on allergy mess consistently from this young, but I'd rather that than see him suffer through it. Last time I mentioned it to his pediatrician she kinda brushed it off and said its normal for preschool age kids to be sick all the time.

Anybody dealt with children's allergies? My 4yo son has had a stuffy nose and cough off and on pretty consistently the past 4 months and at first I thought he was getting back to back viruses, but at this point I think there's no way. I'm sure there's been at least a few actual colds during that time, but I swear he hasn't been 100% for more than a few days in a row. Seems to have gotten worse now that everything is starting to bloom in our area, so maybe a combination of indoor (dust mites, mold, dander) and outdoor (pollen) allergens causing him trouble? I hate to think that he'll need to be on allergy mess consistently from this young, but I'd rather that than see him suffer through it. Last time I mentioned it to his pediatrician she kinda brushed it off and said its normal for preschool age kids to be sick all the time.
As scary as it seems, our pediatrician has told us in the past that you have to let your child's immune system battle these viruses on its own. Kids are germ factories, especially at that age. I know it's hard seeing your little guy going through malaise, barely touching his food or drink, and just looking miserable. But it's part of their development process.There's so many strains of viruses that mimic allergy symptoms, I know because we just went through this with our youngest about two years ago. He still gets sick but not as concerning as he did two years ago.

Just make sure that he's hydrated and eating proper nutrition, especially while he's sick.

As scary as it seems, our pediatrician has told us in the past that you have to let your child's immune system battle these viruses on its own. Kids are germ factories, especially at that age. I know it's hard seeing your little guy going through malaise, barely touching his food or drink, and just looking miserable. But it's part of their development process.There's so many strains of viruses that mimic allergy symptoms, I know because we just went through this with our youngest about two years ago. He still gets sick but not as concerning as he did two years ago.

Just make sure that he's hydrated and eating proper nutrition, especially while he's sick.

That's the thing though... he doesn't act lethargic and eats/drinks normally.  It's just the constant congestion and cough the past several months that gets better and worse, but never really goes away completely.  It seems to have gotten worse over the past couple weeks, and coincidentally my wife and I both started feeling our seasonal allergy symptoms flare up a little bit, which made me start to wonder if it might be allergies.  I'm gonna start him on OTC children's allergy meds and see what happens, but figured I'd ask you guys to see if you had any insight.

That's the thing though... he doesn't act lethargic and eats/drinks normally.  It's just the constant congestion and cough the past several months that gets better and worse, but never really goes away completely.  It seems to have gotten worse over the past couple weeks, and coincidentally my wife and I both started feeling our seasonal allergy symptoms flare up a little bit, which made me start to wonder if it might be allergies.  I'm gonna start him on OTC children's allergy meds and see what happens, but figured I'd ask you guys to see if you had any insight.
Have you seen an allergist? I'd make an appointment to find out if it's viral or treatable with OTC antihistamines. One of my sons needed adenoid removal surgery, he's perfectly fine now.

Last edited:

Have you seen an allergist? I'd make an appointment to find out if it's viral or treatable with OTC antihistamines. One of my sons needed adenoid removal surgery, he's perfectly fine now.
Haven't seen an allergist yet as I finally got my wife to admit that it's probably allergies.  Next step will be to see if these OTC allergy meds help at all since the pediatrician was hesitant to even discuss allergies.

Bruhs that calliou dude
Is the damn devil
The bald head kid from the cartoon show
My kids are 8 and 9 so they don't watch
But my niece watches it
And maaaaaan she been acting out ever since
She complains and whines whe she doesn't get her way
And I think it's cause of that damn show

I can't stand Caillou. Got my kids off it as soon as I realized I couldn't. All the little bastard does is whine.

Haven't seen an allergist yet as I finally got my wife to admit that it's probably allergies.  Next step will be to see if these OTC allergy meds help at all since the pediatrician was hesitant to even discuss allergies.
If the issue is mucus and congestion, along with the allergy pills you might wanna try pineapple juice. It's a wonder fruit. It gets rid of germs in the body and naturally breaks down infectious mucus while boosting the immune system.

If the issue is mucus and congestion, along with the allergy pills you might wanna try pineapple juice. It's a wonder fruit. It gets rid of germs in the body and naturally breaks down infectious mucus while boosting the immune system.
Good info, I'll give it a shot.  My son is crazy picky though... won't drink orange juice but will eat oranges, go figure.

Bros...

Do any of you have any recommendations on a double stroller? Looking to get one for my two year old and newborn coming in April. Would like it to have the capability of attaching an infant carrier to it. And insight will be appreciated.

Did the hospital tour today. The hospital is nice and we'll hopefully be getting a private room. Overall we're super happy with the hospital we picked.

Ps and we won some diapers too :lol:

Bros...

Do any of you have any recommendations on a double stroller? Looking to get one for my two year old and newborn coming in April. Would like it to have the capability of attaching an infant carrier to it. And insight will be appreciated.

NOT the double BoB. Had the single and loved it, but the double was super wide and heavy. City Select is expensive, but really nice and modular. It can be a pain having to remove and attach the seats every time, but not too bad once you get the hang of it.

Bros...

NT'er friend of mine bought a bugaboo donkey. that thing looks real nice.

Bruhs that calliou dude
Is the damn devil
The bald head kid from the cartoon show
My kids are 8 and 9 so they don't watch
But my niece watches it
And maaaaaan she been acting out ever since
She complains and whines whe she doesn't get her way
And I think it's cause of that damn show
:lol: damn man imma have to stay away from that one. my son gets to watch tv only on friday nights while we eat pizza and popcorn. his favorite is the tow mater show. he loves that thing.

Like the mom with the huge tets that had her video go viral on FB. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmMmmmm
is she Mexican

Check this out too. Seems weird but check the reviews, everyone swears by it. My girl just got one because our baby has been super congested lately and HATES the aspirator. She also had a stomach bug at the same time of all this congestion. Basically you suck the mucus out of their nose with your own mouth, sounds cray but it gets caught up in the filter as well as bacteria so it's not like it goes into your mouth.

As for TV, mine really loves that one show about Sign Language and basketball. She'll watch anything but when either of those are on, she really pays attention and will cry if you mess with her angle where she can't see. She also likes looking at herself in the mirror or my computer screen, like mesmorized.

http://fridababy.com/product/nosefrida/

]

Bros...

I'm getting an extension for my stroller. My son will be 2 in May and my daughter will be born in May also.

Orbit baby G3 double helix.

productimage-picture-helix-plus-593_jpg_550x410_q90.jpg

Last edited:
This.

I'll be damned if my kids don't know Shai. 

Get in trouble with the wife sometimes, though, when an R Kelly track comes on, or the remix to "Come and Talk to Me".

Love your avatar. Jodeci was life during middle school.

Back
Top Bottom