Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I miss them when they were 2, 3, 4...
Now (14 & 13) they have their damn opinions and fight over the stupidest ****.
As opposed to when they would have a meltdown about not having the right color cup?
laugh.gif

Worksheets at 3? What kind of worksheets is he doing?
KUMON
it's super basic. they start with counting dots and knowing their numbers for math. reading starts off by pointing to each object (that also has the word next to it) and naming the object. writing starts off by just drawing lines and curves in preparation to writing letters and numbers (i think). he moved up a level though so i dunno what he's doing now. my wife does the worksheets with him because i'm really crappy at being patient. i really have to work on that.
Got it. Sounds a lot like some of the puzzles and apps we bought him. Already writing letters in the air when he says them. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Worksheets at 3? What kind of worksheets is he doing?
KUMON
it's super basic. they start with counting dots and knowing their numbers for math. reading starts off by pointing to each object (that also has the word next to it) and naming the object. writing starts off by just drawing lines and curves in preparation to writing letters and numbers (i think). he moved up a level though so i dunno what he's doing now. my wife does the worksheets with him because i'm really crappy at being patient. i really have to work on that.
Did you go to the parent orenitation for this? Or is it like books?

what are the kumon prices like?

have one down the street been meaning to stop by
$120/month per subject. he takes both math and reading. a little more than i'd like to pay but my son enjoys it so i figure we get that learning in before it becomes a chore for him.
Did you go to the parent orenitation for this? Or is it like books?
there was a brief orientation. my son goes in twice a week and they review his work and then he does some worksheets with a teacher. they give him new worksheets that he takes home to do - one set for every night. honestly, you could just buy workbooks and do them with your kids but this is more structured and helps keep us accountable. the big benefit is having my kid getting acclimated to a strict classroom setting. it's surreal to watch my little man walk in there, turn in his work and sit down in front of the teacher and do his work. parents wait outside.

Last edited:
$240/mo. sheesh. Have you checked out ABC Mouse?

My son doesn't have the patience for that sitting still and learning, I can already tell school will be a challenge for him. He's one of those learn by doing and exploring kids and it's hard to get him to sit and focus on his flash cards, smh. Definitely not doubting his comprehension because he will point out letters and numbers as where walking and recite them and then recite the ABC's just for fun.

He'll be 2 next month and ABC Mouse is for 2-7 (though it's really like 2-5 because it doesn't really progress in level of difficulty that much) so I may look into it again, had it for my daughter.

Never thought I'd reach the point in my life where I'd look forward to weather-related cancellations of my daughter's games/practices over the weekend(s). :lol:

You know what's worse than kids games/practices eating up your weekend?... kid birthday parties are going to be the death of me!

That's where I'll probably give my oldest a punishment for instigating that stuff
That's how me and siblings were raised. When one messed up, we all felt the pain.

I still lightweight resent my sister for all her escapades back in HS. SMH. lol.

Any fathers introduce or use guns with their kids or have guns in the house?

Planning on starting my collection, which at this point is for home defense (read: shotgun) and fun (read: everything else) and when me and my wife were talking she wanted to make sure I had a way to lock everything away
stay ready. They know daddy's a ryda for his..View media item 2032354
That's where I'll probably give my oldest a punishment for instigating that stuff
It's all love at the end. When they get older they deal with more emotion and keep things confidential. I tell my old lady to give her space cuz I don't like bombarding them. Idk I want them to stay ready for this crazy life we live. Stay woke and stray away from all the BS. My youngest of five always asks "where we going dad?" I tell him "to heaven" be good to others and treat others the way you want to be treated...You'll end up somewhere better than here when your dead

So today is my Pop's 69th bday and we're gonna surprise him with the news that the wife and I are expecting twins. I'm pretty sure my mom will flip out more tho :lol:

I wish I knew how to embed FB vids on here so I could share her video with you guys :lol:

Man i want twins so bad........i was legit prayin to god that me and my girl were gona have twins....ended up havin a boy so i couldnt complain.

So today is my Pop's 69th bday and we're gonna surprise him with the news that the wife and I are expecting twins. I'm pretty sure my mom will flip out more tho :lol:

I wish I knew how to embed FB vids on here so I could share her video with you guys :lol:

Man would love to see that vid congrats man :pimp:

Having a kid is hard, having a second child isn't twice as hard, it's 5x harder. Especially since they are close in age.

Having a kid is hard, having a second child isn't twice as hard, it's 5x harder. Especially since they are close in age.

There were definitely times I felt like this when my daughter wasn't sleeping well at night or when both kids get sick or when my wife thought she "deserved" a girls weekend in Vegas and I was home all weekend with the kids on my own... Fffffff

We took my lil boy to this place called float baby over the weekend.......fam yall gotta go if theres one in your city. Less then 50 bucks. And its 30 min of them swimming and then a 30 min massage.

My son fights his sleep so an hour after, he fell asleep, then he was out for 4 hrs. Woke up like he smoked something. Dude was more hungry then shaggy and scooby doo.

Supposed to be a lot of benefits to them being in water at a young age.

We took my lil boy to this place called float baby over the weekend.......fam yall gotta go if theres one in your city. Less then 50 bucks. And its 30 min of them swimming and then a 30 min massage.

My son fights his sleep so an hour after, he fell asleep, then he was out for 4 hrs. Woke up like he smoked something. Dude was more hungry then shaggy and scooby doo.

Supposed to be a lot of benefits to them being in water at a young age.
Saw that ish on Shark Tank and was dying at the babies floating by their necks like that!
frown.gif
  Glad to hear it actually works.

Yeah when my girl was twllin me about it and showed me pics, initially i said AH HELL NAH but once they get in the water you can tell they are havin a blast.

There was 3 tanks and one baby per tank. Had jet streams and all that. Lil dude was livin the high life. Had to cop the massage oil they had for my girl to use on me lol.

small rant

when you got the kids all day
people come home and ask

did they eat

no man .... I let them starve

end small rant

I feel like most women sometime are condition for men to be absolutely terrible in taken are of their kids well being when its over 30 minutes

Back
Top Bottom