Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My dads in CA, if you all could be so kind and drop some knowledge as to how this CA Paid Leave works. I know FMLA covers my job protection for 12 weeks, but is CA Paid Family Leave Bonding really only partial pay for 6 weeks? I keep getting mixed stories of having to apply for something else through CA, but after trying to research more I keep thinking it's their employer that pays longer too.

Neighbors 4 yr old passed away sneaking in the pool this AM. Y'all take care and be aware. Peace
Damn, did they have a pool fence?  My 4 y/o can't open ours but I'm sure he could figure it out if he wanted to get in bad enough.

My dads in CA, if you all could be so kind and drop some knowledge as to how this CA Paid Leave works. I know FMLA covers my job protection for 12 weeks, but is CA Paid Family Leave Bonding really only partial pay for 6 weeks? I keep getting mixed stories of having to apply for something else through CA, but after trying to research more I keep thinking it's their employer that pays longer too.
http://paidfamilyleave.org/ask-us/what-is-paid-family-leave

My understanding is that the employer isn't required to pay the person taking the leave, but they must hold your job for those 12 weeks.  The check comes from the state, from the amount of SDI (disability) you paid in.  This assumes the company doesn't have their own separate policy for parental leave, which just depends on the employer.

Last edited:
Man I am a contractor so I don't get ****. I was driving back and forth 1hr to the city every day while my g/f was in the hospital, baby had jaundice and was losing weight so had to stay an extra week too.

My lil man been randomly waking up out of nowhere SCREAMING like if he had a freddy kruger nightmare.

Grandma did the egg thing and everything lol and it still happens.

Is it just bad dreams or something else? Anyome dealt wit this? Usually last about 2 1/2 minutes at most. I chalk it up to teething. Hes about to be 6 months.

My daughter is almost 4 months and this has happened a couple of times. Idk why shes doing it..but i usually just stick the pacifier back in her mouth and she falls back asleep prty quick

Man I am a contractor so I don't get ****. I was driving back and forth 1hr to the city every day while my g/f was in the hospital, baby had jaundice and was losing weight so had to stay an extra week too.

That sucks man. Mine and my wifes benefits were lifesavers when she had the baby

Damn, did they have a pool fence?  My 4 y/o can't open ours but I'm sure he could figure it out if he wanted to get in bad enough.
Idk bruh but saw the dangling body being put on the stretcher and the mom screaming. **** makes you think that they can be gone just like that.
View media item 2026838

Damn, man. RIP. I'm gonna hug my baby girl asap when I get home from work later. I don't ever wanna know what it feels like losing a child and I've already lost a baby brother and sister :smh:

Hospital wifi the worst, or I would've been posted.

May 5, 2016 8:44pm. Elijah-Lennox.

View media item 2022783

Life just got real.

View media item 2024120
Didn't get around to posting my second child.

My son and my daughter are exactly 2 years and 3 days apart.

Money saved on birthday parties.

JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN THEM BOYS UP TO SUMTHIN' :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Yesterday was my 2yr olds first day of pre christian school. Dropping him off was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Today was part 2 :smh:

I'm so damn soft when it comes to my cub, man :smh: :lol:

Had to keep it tough, but he was crying so bad for me not to leave. I almost just wanted to lurk outside his classroom unnoticed all morning :lol:

Last edited:
my younger one had a rough weekend that has carried into this week

had a fever over the weekend and thought it would just kind of blow over after a couple of days

left work early Monday to be with her and my wife stayed home w/ her...she had an appointment in the morning and they ran some tests...later in the day her fever reached 105 :x

still haven't gotten the results back yet but hopefully it's just a UTI, they're treating her for meningitis just in case

my wife and her stayed overnight and at minimum will have to stay overnight again tonight

my younger one had a rough weekend that has carried into this week

had a fever over the weekend and thought it would just kind of blow over after a couple of days

left work early Monday to be with her and my wife stayed home w/ her...she had an appointment in the morning and they ran some tests...later in the day her fever reached 105 :x

still haven't gotten the results back yet but hopefully it's just a UTI, they're treating her for meningitis just in case

my wife and her stayed overnight and at minimum will have to stay overnight again tonight

Sending prayers up for her and your fam! Keep us posted.

My son is about to be 20 months old and I love this age he is at. He is running and walking around. Starting to talk and say a few words. He is really fun to be around right now. I know them terrible two's are coming though.

update on my younger seed

just a UTI...she is being discharged today
happy.gif

stopped at the hospital before work this morning and she was smiling...being her normal self
Love to hear a happy outcome like that.  God bless.

Had to leave work early due to a work injury. Got stitched up and they said go home. So i picked up my son right away. Hes at that stage where hes tryna crawl but just rolls around and around. Kid is only 5 months

Just watching him roll and laugh makes me think hes having a good time.

Last edited:
My son is about to be 20 months old and I love this age he is at. He is running and walking around. Starting to talk and say a few words. He is really fun to be around right now. I know them terrible two's are coming though.
Ya, get ready. You're only a month or so from the Terrible 2's. I heard 3 is worse, but it seems like it's starting to subside a month before his third birthday with the exception of "I want it!" followed by a temper tantrum.

My friend's daughter is going through her terrible two's. 

The way she yells and fights her nap makes me fear what I have to deal with when my daughter turns 2 lol.

youre saying you cant wait for them to talk...when but when they, itll be a love/hate thing.

this is my daughter....

"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"

Me-"yes baby?"

Her-"insert garblish baby talk here"

Me-"ohhh wow that's so cool"

Her "Yeah!
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"

by now I'm slightly annoyed but I just laugh it off

Last edited:
two wasn't bad at all but a few months into the threes and my son is having some challenging moments. he's an awesome little guy though. he does really well at his math and reading class and with his mom but i have to work on not getting frustrated when he gets distracted while doing his worksheets at home.

two wasn't bad at all but a few months into the threes and my son is having some challenging moments. he's an awesome little guy though. he does really well at his math and reading class and with his mom but i have to work on not getting frustrated when he gets distracted while doing his worksheets at home.
Worksheets at 3? What kind of worksheets is he doing?

Ours little guy is already starting to spell and do basic addition. Shoutout to Leapfrog videos!

I miss them when they were 2, 3, 4...
Now (14 & 13) they have their damn opinions and fight over the stupidest ****.

Worksheets at 3? What kind of worksheets is he doing?
KUMON
it's super basic. they start with counting dots and knowing their numbers for math. reading starts off by pointing to each object (that also has the word next to it) and naming the object. writing starts off by just drawing lines and curves in preparation to writing letters and numbers (i think). he moved up a level though so i dunno what he's doing now. my wife does the worksheets with him because i'm really crappy at being patient. i really have to work on that.

Back
Top Bottom