Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

How did you guys decide on a name?
- Initials couldn't be suspect

- Name/spelling can't be super weird

- Can kids easily make fun of the name?

- Name can't be in the top 10 for several years. (I didn't want him turning around all the time someone said his name)

- name couldn't have a crazy meaning. (one common name we found and liked meant "Crooked Nose".)

we made a list as well, mostly stuck to cultural names to our bg

we also kinda went with the if its a boy ill choose and if its a girl she chooses, but we would both agree on it 

Thanks for the insight. My wife is almost completely set on a name we have, but I'm still open to exploring other options. Idk why, but to me I need to be 100% sold on it. :lol:

planning our baby shower now :D

i never knew how much hard work this was esp tryna plan it out of state |I , me and my girl are both from the Bay so i hope this work and journey back for our shower goes well 

I let my girl pick both the kids name cause I wouldve picked something I'd probably regret later.

If my second child was a boy we would be considered the name "Gunner".

Then all these mass shootings started popping off so yeah. Nah.

I let my girl pick both the kids name cause I wouldve picked something I'd probably regret later.

If my second child was a boy we would be considered the name "Gunner".

Then all these mass shootings started popping off so yeah. Nah.
lol i like that name too, but yea i feel you esp right now, yelling out "gunner!" isnt the best thing in the streets 

plus sounds too close to Shooter McGavin 
laugh.gif

Welp almost a month in and our baby is a night baby. She sleeps all day and stays up all night. My sleep is all out of wack. I go back to work Monday so it'll take some adjusting now. View media item 2099955
Super worth it though

beautiful daughter dude! get the shotgun ready...

and don't worry, all babies start off as night babies.

they're used to sleeping during the day because when she was in the womb, her mom would be moving around all day and so she sleeps because she's being 'rocked' or 'cradled' to sleep.

then at night when mommy's asleep, she's awake because mommy's still and not moving....

yeah - blew my mind too

Welp almost a month in and our baby is a night baby. She sleeps all day and stays up all night. My sleep is all out of wack. I go back to work Monday so it'll take some adjusting now. View media item 2099955
Super worth it though

beautiful daughter dude! get the shotgun ready...

and don't worry, all babies start off as night babies.

they're used to sleeping during the day because when she was in the womb, her mom would be moving around all day and so she sleeps because she's being 'rocked' or 'cradled' to sleep.

then at night when mommy's asleep, she's awake because mommy's still and not moving....

yeah - blew my mind too

1408.gif

Damn didn't think of it like that

Ya I told my girl a shotgun will be bought soon :lol:

Only condition with my girls...  Name has to start with an E...  Tradition in wifey's family.  Everyones name starts with an E...  The rest of the process was tossing names around since its narrowed down to a single first letter...  

Hey guys new to the thread, but we are expecting number 2. I'm geeked as hell. We suffered a miscarriage earlier last year and now my girl is mentally prepared and the babies showing good signs. We had a slight scare yesterday, but if you guys could send the good vibes I would appreciate it.

Hey guys new to the thread, but we are expecting number 2. I'm geeked as hell. We suffered a miscarriage earlier last year and now my girl is mentally prepared and the babies showing good signs. We had a slight scare yesterday, but if you guys could send the good vibes I would appreciate it.

GOOD VIBES SENT!!!!

Middle name is always a family name for us. Boy = my family. Girl = hers

No top names for us either. Picked middle first then how it all sounded together

sup fellas good to see all my dudes doing well.

really itching for baby #2 , once my wife passes her nursing boards and gets a job id like to start up.

Funny enough my wife and I are trying.
I have a son and she is a step mom, so we are trying for our own. Should be a fun ride.

Good luck bud.

I always appreciate this thread man.....

Big up to all the good Dads out there [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]127775[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji]

Trying to come up with names as a teacher is tough - had to veto a bunch that my wife had in mind because of some knuckleheads that used to be in my class.

Yeah man.  I'll love/care/teach you for 180 days while you sit there talking out of turn, eating your boogers (yes, I can see you), picking on other kids, and bringing your mom's dildo to school to show off to your friends. 

I'll sincerely ask how you're doing when you come back to visit me in a few years. 

I'll wonder what you're up to years down the road.

But no way I'm naming my first, second, or third born after you. 
laugh.gif

I'm talking to you, James.  And Brianna.  And Alex.  And Daniel.  And..

Yeah man.  I'll love/care/teach you for 180 days while you sit there talking out of turn, eating your boogers (yes, I can see you), picking on other kids, and bringing your mom's dildo to school to show off to your friends. 

I'll sincerely ask how you're doing when you come back to visit me in a few years. 

I'll wonder what you're up to years down the road.

But no way I'm naming my first, second, or third born after you.  :lol:

I'm talking to you, James.  And Brianna.  And Alex.  And Daniel.  And..

no dambs given!! LOLOLOL

Side note, but that reminds me of when my buddy got his radio and earphones taken away in English class Freshman year. Teacher tried to give them back at the end of the year caked with earwax in them.
sick.gif

So how DID the conversation go?
I called and told her that so and so had to tell her something.  Handed him the phone and stood there while he explained everything to her.  You could hear mom yelling through the earpiece.  Kid was sobbing uncontrollably the whole time - had to wipe down the phone receiver from all the tears, mucus, and snot he left all over it.

Rule in my class is that if you get an electronic device taken away, you have to have a parent pick it up.  Mom was mortified walking into Room 8 as I handed her a Target bag with her toy in it. 
laugh.gif

One time, I had to have a boy explain to his mom what "teabagging" was over the phone because he was telling other girls that he was gonna do it to them at recess.  This dude was hella detailed in his description. 
eek.gif

I should write a damn book with crazy **** kids do at school. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom