Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

guys... my daughter turned 3 in may

now she's using the potty to pee pretty well. she'll tell us when she needs to go and stuff so that's not a problem.

but she refuses to sit on the potty to drop a deuce.

she'll either say 'daddy let's change into pull-ups' or ends up pooping in her underwear....

help me dads!! how can i solve this problem??
my son was exactly the same way. i started by getting him to put on his own diaper and walk into the bathroom right after dinner and stand next to his potty while pooping in his pamper. did that for about a week and then started getting him to the potty to sit right after dinner while using incentives. i backslid when he held his crap for 3 days and i let him use the diaper but after that, i refused to let him use the diaper and eventually he would start taking a dump in his potty either right before or after dinner. he got a few new cars/trucks out of it and he had a crush on his swim teacher and i told him she would be really proud of him when he pooped in the potty and that helped too.

Last edited:
"Stepdad", checking into the thread for the first time.

Just recently threw a Sweet 16 for my daughter. She wasn't born to me, but her mother and I met when shorty was three years old (I was ~ 20 - wild, I know) - we ended up staying together for a decade, but broke up in 2013. Nonetheless, for all intents and purposes, I raised my baby, and I've been the only father she's ever really known, given that her biological father hasn't been in the picture since she was two. Even past the breakup, we maintain a very close relationship....I'm her pops, you know? We're family.

It's crazy watching her grow to this age, because it feels like it was only yesterday when we first met. Having the party was definitely a time of reflection and "damn, I'm getting old" - to, in your early thirties, have a person you raised almost becoming an adult in their own right, it's mind blowing.

Nonetheless, the final photos from the night came out (that's me in the gray jacket, she's wearing the pink dress in the second photo), so I figured I'd share. Props to all of you guys in here, the good dads are usually unsung heroes, so we have to stick together.

Love & respect.

Last edited:
J A M E S J A M E S

Nothing but the upmost respect for you sir, you're a stand up dude and a good man. If you dont mind me asking, what was her reaction when/if you told her that you're not the biological father?

Just recently threw a Sweet 16 for my daughter. She wasn't born to me, but her mother and I met when shorty was three years old (I was ~ 20 - wild, I know) - we ended up staying together for a decade, but broke up in 2013. Nonetheless, for all intents and purposes, I raised my baby, and I've been the only father she's ever really known, given that her biological father hasn't been in the picture since she was two. Even past the breakup, we maintain a very close relationship....I'm her pops, you know? We're family.

It's crazy watching her grow to this age, because it feels like it was only yesterday when we first met. Having the party was definitely a time of reflection and "damn, I'm getting old" - to, in your early thirties, have a person you raised almost becoming an adult in their own right, it's mind blowing.

Nonetheless, the final photos from the night came out (that's me in the gray jacket, she's wearing the pink dress in the second photo), so I figured I'd share. Props to all of you guys in here, the good dads are usually unsung heroes, so we have to stick together.

Love & respect.

Respect

At least a 10 year old can do alot on their own and tell you what they want.  IMO, 1-2 is the worst age because they're old enough to move around and get themselves in enough trouble without knowing consequences, but still too young to communicate effectively so they often resort to whining and/or crying about dumb s#*t.  Oh, and those big messy diapers are the worst.
Wait til they hit puberty. Youll revert to old pics of them in diapers when their minds were innocent and pure :frown:

Love & respect.

You're the man. Much respect to you.

Wait til they hit puberty. Youll revert to old pics of them in diapers when their minds were innocent and pure
frown.gif
Seems like when the kids are young we want them to be older and when they get older we wish they were young again.  I guess all we can do is take in every moment and enjoy every day we get with them at every stage.

The wife made it past the 24 week mark a few weeks back fellas. Praise God! That was a huge milestone for us. Viability! I dont think I shared yet but we are having Twin boys! :smokin :smokin

I wish I could say this go round has been challenge free but she has been on bed rest since May because her cervix started shortening but things have been going well so far. Her job was real understanding with letting her work from home but they just let 10% of their company go and her job was eliminated. I couldnt believe a 6 1/2 month pregnant woman could be laid off but they have no protections. :smh:

She was extremely stressed to get that news and I was afraid for her to go into labor at any given moment with how she was responding emotionally but thank God she shook back.

The man upstairs works in mysterious ways tho man. I just got a promotion at my job a few weeks prior and got a substantial bump in pay. Here we are thinking we are gonna be set financially to take care of Twins and then some. and then boom, she loses her job. Thankfully my one income now is enough to support everybody and I am kinda happy it looks like we wont be paying 28k a year for day care... at least not immediately. She can just stay home for a while now and not rush back to a job.

Man my lil boy thought he was evil kenivel this morning.

We were all asleep and he climbed up his crib and fell out.

All we heard was a thud, jumped out the bed wit the quickness and he was layed out on his back crying.

On the coo, i was a lil scared.

We rushed to the doc and they said he was good.

He only cried for a minute and half. 2 tops.

Got back home and there his lil *** goes again tryna climb stuff :lol:

Did you drop that mattress?

Anybody lady ever been induced?
yes. my wife was showing signs of preeclampsia and they decided to induce her about about 10 days or so early. she had a routine check up and then later that day the dr called her at work and then she called me and we met at home to head to the hospital. that was surreal even though i had been dealing with a pregnant gf all those months, to know we were heading to the hospital and then coming home with a baby was a big thing to process in my mind. i think they started the iv at around dinner time and she gave birth around 430 the next morning.

That ain't too bad, my daughter would probably love that. I draw the line at WWF moves
laugh.gif

Now, after my little boy is born though...the rules change. He comin' out my wife's womb straight into a Razor's Edge
laugh.gif
Nah, I body slam my baby girl. She gon be rough and pretty. 
guys... my daughter turned 3 in may

now she's using the potty to pee pretty well. she'll tell us when she needs to go and stuff so that's not a problem.

but she refuses to sit on the potty to drop a deuce.

she'll either say 'daddy let's change into pull-ups' or ends up pooping in her underwear....

help me dads!! how can i solve this problem??
Read that you can cut a hole in her pullups so she can still wear them but the poop still falls in the pot. IDK if your daughter has more of a problem with the pooping the potty as a whole or just prefers the comfort of the pullup on her. but could work

son just turned 14 yesterday.... 
14???? He look at least 30 lol
Anybody lady ever been induced?
With both my daughters yup. For our 2 month old she was induced at a 3 two days after her due date and our 1 year old at about 34-35 weeks

J A M E S J A M E S

Nothing but the upmost respect for you sir, you're a stand up dude and a good man. If you dont mind me asking, what was her reaction when/if you told her that you're not the biological father?

Much love dude, thank you - it really means a lot. In regards to your question, truth is, she always knew that I wasn't her biological father, from young. I think obviously as time went on, she processed it differently and had a greater degree of understanding, but she always knew. At one point, both her father and I were around, before he left the picture, but that period was short lived.

I can't recall exactly, but maybe she was four, when I basically said, "I know that you know that I'm not your father, but I also want you to know I'll always take care of you" - it's been that way ever since. The difference between "fathers" and "daddies", I guess. Lol.

lucho lucho & wayniac211 wayniac211 , thanks a lot fellas, much appreciated.

Last edited:
How did you guys decide on a name?
My girl and I just started throwing out names we each liked. Little by little we would shorten the list and sometimes add on to it until one day she said the name that wasn't on the list and it just sounded right :lol:

Last edited:
How did you guys decide on a name?

My grandparents had 8 children. My grandparents only daughter died at 11 year old. They never had another daughter. Being that I was partially raised by them, I vow that my daughter would be named after her. So her mother agreed, and we added my mothers middle name and my daughter's mother's mother middle and we have...

Pelly-Marie Victoria A.
My Aunt- my mothers middle name, ex's mothers' middle name

Last edited:
i told my wife to pick the name. if it were my choice, i woulda named him something that i thought was cool at the time but turned out to be stupid. something like godzilla skateboard, fernando vera, captain crunch etc...

Back
Top Bottom