Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

3DA0FDF9-2D38-4595-AF3E-FDB1C47FDFE8.jpeg

31787A1B-5370-43A1-9BA8-C3363AC9D8D8.jpeg

Having a girl :pimp:

We will be celebrating our son's 12th birthday party this weekend, was supposed to be going to a few spots but got in trouble recently throwin' things in class so we gon scratch off one something off the list. Both my girls are potty trained now and my 3 year old taught herself her full name and it's crazy to see how much she's learning and it makes my 1 year old pick up on stuff trying to keep up.

At what age are you guys allowing your kids to have a cell phone.
Mine is turning 10 and her mom just got her one.

This is a big topic in our family too. I don’t really think my son needs one, but my wife thinks otherwise. I would say 10 also but honestly wth do they need it for?

At what age are you guys allowing your kids to have a cell phone.
Mine is turning 10 and her mom just got her one.

My lil brother got his cellphone when he was around 11 or 12. But he didn't get a data plan, it was strictly for emergency calls.

We will be celebrating our son's 12th birthday party this weekend, was supposed to be going to a few spots but got in trouble recently throwin' things in class so we gon scratch off one something off the list. Both my girls are potty trained now and my 3 year old taught herself her full name and it's crazy to see how much she's learning and it makes my 1 year old pick up on stuff trying to keep up.
:lol: we're big on taking privileges away for misbehavior

"oh, that ice cream you wanted, you're not getting

even though you ate a good dinner you pushed your sister so forget it, and you still need to clean your room tonight"

Dads,

Are you ever in the situation where you want some alone time with your wife but at that moment she's not in the mood. Then when it's late at night she wakes tries to wake you up because she's in the mood, but you're too tired and fall asleep?

Any insight would be appreciated: My girl is pregnant and I've read the the libido and her being tired is part of the process. Anyone have anything to offer as far as how the sex life was affected at all. It's definitely taken a hit in my current experience.
kinda late on this but...

Sex became pretty much non existent. It has to do with hormones...it didnt pick back up until four or five months out, after she gave birth.
It's somewhat back to normal now (six months) but the entire relationship is different.

Having kids is hard fam. Not going to lie, I would say that ppl should be forewarned about a lot of things just so that they are informed. Nobody or rather hardly anybody tells ppl how it really is.

Moments can be lovely and things get better but sex and freedom are gone for a long time.

Last edited:
Dads,

Are you ever in the situation where you want some alone time with your wife but at that moment she's not in the mood. Then when it's late at night she wakes tries to wake you up because she's in the mood, but you're too tired and fall asleep?
yep.

Or when you both want to get it in you can't the way you want it to because your kid cries, wakes up, is fussy, etc.

I know at some point sex goes back to the way it was before but I personally don't see the light at the end of the tunnel if I'm being honest

Which stroller did you guys go with? We're currently looking at the Stokke Scoot which is expensive af :sick:

yep.

Or when you both want to get it in you can't the way you want it to because your kid cries, wakes up, is fussy, etc.

I know at some point sex goes back to the way it was before but I personally don't see the light at the end of the tunnel if I'm being honest
Okay, glad I'm not the only one.

I fell asleep when my wife was trying to get it on at 1:30AM. I worked a 10+ hour day that day. I was beat. But the thing is, when I got home earlier that day. We had the opportunity because our daughter was napping. But she declined. So frustrating.

Which stroller did you guys go with? We're currently looking at the Stokke Scoot which is expensive af :sick:
We have an Uppababy which currently just sits in our garage, because my daughter is anti-stroller.:smh:

Yeah I was going to say, in regards to the stroller...
Everything other than the car seat doesn't get any real use. I live in the south now so it'll be different for ppl that live in more walkable cities but yeah. All that four moms this, high priced stroller plus the crib, etc etc isn't really needed IMO.

Okay, glad I'm not the only one.

I fell asleep when my wife was trying to get it on at 1:30AM. I worked a 10+ hour day that day. I was beat. But the thing is, when I got home earlier that day. We had the opportunity because our daughter was napping. But she declined. So frustrating.
I know the feeling. I would go into detail but my son woke up and won't let me hold him and type. Typing with one hand now. Hang in there. It gets better. Vent if you need to in this thread. Don't do anything crazy or say anything crazy offline. The feelings you get from so much rejection will have you feeling unappreciated...but you aren't.

Dads,

story of my life... :smh:..she tries to get it in around 2-3 a.m....straight zombie mode...

We’ve gone through quite a few strollers with my son who turns three in August, bugaboo buffalo then the donkey. Look up the prices if you’d like lol I think it’s crazy. My wife was on this stroller craze wanting to assemble a fleet and on forums :lol:. We ended up selling those, I would complain how they were multiple pieces and took up too much space in our car on trips (we have a highlander, even with that space it was annoying). Anyways ended up selling both now we have a BOB and I like it the most out of all the strollers we’ve had. Only complaint is undercarriage storage is pretty small, still can fit his backpack and a sweater or two folded up just for reference.

Recently found out we’re expecting baby number two!!! My wife is 10 weeks tomorrow I can’t wait to find out the sex, anticipation is killing me!!!

:lol::lol:

We’ve gone through quite a few strollers with my son who turns three in August, bugaboo buffalo then the donkey. Look up the prices if you’d like lol I think it’s crazy. My wife was on this stroller craze wanting to assemble a fleet and on forums :lol:. We ended up selling those, I would complain how they were multiple pieces and took up too much space in our car on trips (we have a highlander, even with that space it was annoying). Anyways ended up selling both now we have a BOB and I like it the most out of all the strollers we’ve had. Only complaint is undercarriage storage is pretty small, still can fit his backpack and a sweater or two folded up just for reference.

Recently found out we’re expecting baby number two!!! My wife is 10 weeks tomorrow I can’t wait to find out the sex, anticipation is killing me!!!

Yeah, my girl is constantly researching and watching video reviews of all these strollers. Anywhere from Stokke, uppababy, babyzen, bugaboo etc. The prices are ridiculous imo but she wants something that isn't super bulky and easily folded.

And congrats fam :pimp:

We have the city select double since both kids are under 3. Works good for us and can be turned into a single or double easily with enough storage at the bottom

Dads,

Yep. She get mad be like its the morning. But most time she wants it at night and wanna keep me up.

Yeah, my girl is constantly researching and watching video reviews of all these strollers. Anywhere from Stokke, uppababy, babyzen, bugaboo etc. The prices are ridiculous imo but she wants something that isn't super bulky and easily folded.

And congrats fam :pimp:

Thanks brotha!! I’m hoping it’s a girl, if that’s the case we’re DONE. I’ll go and get snipped that day lol.

But as far as the strollers go, I say you guys go into your local buybuy baby or babies r us and try pushing them around in person, get a real feel for it. We have the BOB revolution flex and it’s exactly what she’s looking for. Literally folds at the pull of a wire, takes up minimal space and seems super comfortable for the little man.

Yup sex died out for the 1st 6 months. It was tough finding the time and energy to do it. My girl went straight to mommy mode and forgot about me for a bit. We ended up doing therapy and things got better after that. It does come back fellas, don’t stress too much but make sure you do your parts also. It did help when I would give my girl a break and let her go lay down and relax. I’d keep our daughter busy and after my girl would be ready to go.

:rofl: you're not alone in this man.

yesterday my son asks me if he can get a phone when he turns 6. i asked him where on the planet do they allow 6 year olds to have phones and he said "i guess that's a no" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom