Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Congrats 
nthat.gif

whenever I try to have another down the road I'm hoping it's a boy. Only want 2 kids max so it'll be my last shot 
laugh.gif

I have 4 boys - 17 yrs old, 12, 8 and now 11 months. When we found out we were having another baby, my wife and I were both worried about starting all over. But I will tell you what - it has been one of the best things ever in our lives. We are so much more relaxed this time around.
Being a "seasoned" parent has helped me stop sweating the small stuff - which isnt easy to do. Im not going to tell all you young dads out there to not sweat things - you love your kids, you cant help but sweat some things.
But for me, it has gotten easier as time goes by. I am able to enjoy the small things that I think I missed when I was younger.

Congrats to the new fathers & those that are expecting again!

This is being billed as Dove's new Super Bowl ad but I kinda remember some of these scenes... Captures a lot of the experiences of being a father. Ain't nothing in the world like being a dad & can't anything feel better than a hug from your kid.

Man she's starting to have mood swings and she's all over the place. I can't win right now brothers .. Just can't win. Still being sweet as I can and doing everything I can to please her but I just can't seem to win. I'm stressing man ... Have no where to vent to but I know I can go to yall and let it all out

Man she's starting to have mood swings and she's all over the place. I can't win right now brothers .. Just can't win. Still being sweet as I can and doing everything I can to please her but I just can't seem to win. I'm stressing man ... Have no where to vent to but I know I can go to yall and let it all out

W. I. O.

lol i thought i was the only crazy one to do this. 
This was YEARS ago. 
laugh.gif
 Still cracks me up to this day

Last night I had to take the little one to the ER. She was puking all day and couldn't keep anything in her stomach. She also had a high fever. We were there till midnight. Man it's tough. I wouldn't say that im a single parent cuz her mom does come and visit from time to time but I called her and told her we were at the hospital and all she said was "oh I'm not home".

^ Got damn, that's all your daughter's mom could say?!?!?

Hope your daughter gets better soon. Sounds like the stomach bug that's been going around. My 11 year old had it Christmas Eve into Christmas day. I had it the following Saturday through Monday.

How old is your daughter? Make sure she stays hydrated. If she's young pedialite is ideal. If she's older Gatorade is good...

Last edited:
Yeah, It's tough when the little ones are sick.

Niece came over last saturday she was just getting over a cold/cough.
On Monday I got home from work and My 2 year old had a runny nose/cough. Woke up at midnight with a fever. :smh:
I stayed home the following two days to help wifey. She took care of our newborn while I took care of our 2 year old.
Kid is looking good now but our newborn started with a cough :x :smh:

My daughter just started with the sniffles a couple days ago, then it developed into a runny nose and cough.

now it's a cold.

and now my wife and I don't feel good....

we just keep passing this thing around....

Last night I had to take the little one to the ER. She was puking all day and couldn't keep anything in her stomach. She also had a high fever. We were there till midnight. Man it's tough. I wouldn't say that im a single parent cuz her mom does come and visit from time to time but I called her and told her we were at the hospital and all she said was "oh I'm not home".
That girl will forever put you on top of the pyramid based on your concern for her safety. My hats off to u my friend :smokin

I'll punch her in the face for you. Srs

I never did baby proofing myself. But my aunt did a lot. Get some plastic plugs for outlets. Hide all your wires from the baby's sight. They have baby proof locks for cabinets and refrigerators as well. Also some baby proof door stoppers.

I never did baby proofing myself. But my aunt did a lot. Get some plastic plugs for outlets. Hide all your wires from the baby's sight. They have baby proof locks for cabinets and refrigerators as well. Also some baby proof door stoppers.

we haven't really done any other than outlets and the ones for the doorknobs. Might need the one for the fridge tho. Kid will open it and drag out the gallon of milk :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom