Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I have a son and we're trying to have another baby hopefully by early next year

We didn't sit down,plan, and budget because IMO once a baby comes all the organizing flies out the window

[quote name="Wayniac211" url="/t/523723/official-nt-dad-thread-can-the-dads-get-love/1410#post_22584202" /
Go for it, keep them close in age. Just like it takes two parents to care for a child, u gonna need two kids to look after u when u get old, LOL. My bros kids are 17 years apart and he feels like he has more parenting skills now. he is also bugging that he's starting over.
:lol: at looking after u
I def appreciate my parents for busting *** and trying their best with me. That's why they live with me rent free. But Having two grown females in one house has been STRESS though!
Bruh, I see it coming with my pops. My moms called me one day this summer to tell me my pops was pulling shingles off the roof. Which wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't 71 years old. That moment made me realize he's gonna need adult supervision soon.

Last edited:
Bruh, I see it coming with my pops. My moms called me one day this summer to tell me my pops was pulling shingles off the roof. Which wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't 71 years old. That moment made me realize he's gonna need adult supervision soon.
That's love right there bruh. My pops was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 yrs ago and my moms was let go from her job after 20+yrs. They come from a generation where no excuses were allowed regarding work. As age and health creeps up, you see them struggling but they will NOT ask for help. It's been a very humbling 2 yrs for my parents but their choosing to get another spot at the end of the yr. They already want to move back to the homeland (tonga), so Ive gotta hustle even harder to help build their hut back in the roots.

Took the kids to disneyland about 2-3 weeks ago
Have only a few in my phone
Gotta upload more from my camera
Kids had so much fun
I think I had more fun than them though :lol:
My pockets were hurting

View media item 1384649View media item 1384650View media item 1384651View media item 1384652My daughter was crying because she was afraid to get in the tower of terror :lol:
We made her get on and she ended up liking it
But she was scared and crying I had to bribe her to get on the ride

Good stuff, naughty. I'm actually looking forward to taking family vacations to all the cliche places.

Congrats, Penny. How far along is she?

Thanks, my heart kinda sank as I'm completely clueless on how to raise a girl, but I'm going to instill as much values as I can in her and hope for the best.

I've got two girls, ages 5 and 3. With a girl, it's not really much different from a boy early on (I've got a son also). Just make sure that from the day they arrive, you show them that you love them.

Tomorrow your daughter will grow up and find a man just like her dad, today you have to show her what a good man looks like...

I was terrified to have a girl at first, had no idea what to say, do, think, I was damn near mad it was a girl,

She'll be 3 in September and we couldn't be closer, she's my homie, Im going to scare the living **** out of the first guy she brings around, DR says my youngest son might be bigger than me so I might not have to :lol:

Thanks, my heart kinda sank as I'm completely clueless on how to raise a girl, but I'm going to instill as much values as I can in her and hope for the best.

I've got two girls, ages 5 and 3. With a girl, it's not really much different from a boy early on (I've got a son also). Just make sure that from the day they arrive, you show them that you love them.

Tomorrow your daughter will grow up and find a man just like her dad, today you have to show her what a good man looks like...
Repped
Ur right Man U have to be the example so she don't fall for these dumb ***** out here
Maaaaaan I'm not ready for her to grow up :smh:

had the gender reveal over the weekend and welp, this is gonna be one helluva ride...

View media item 1381678

Congrats. I did the same last year.

Congrats, man!

You'll be just fine...there is no blueprint as to how to raise a kid. And trust me, you have PLENTY of laughs down the road when looking back at all the highs and lows when starting off in parenthood.

I remember the first time my wife left me and my daughter alone so she could run an errand to Target. She didn't even make it to the checkout line before I had called to say that our daughter pissed all over the wall when I was trying to change her diaper. :lol: She hustled right back because I was panicking. LOL

No lie, I was trying to research which Recaro baby seats to get for my Evo, but there's so many. I think getting an infant one may be kind of a waste since they outgrow it quick, but which do you have? I was looking at this one.
View media item 1384826

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/p...ain=http://www.toysrus.com&productId=38059866

Wait until your child is at least 20lbs though. I know it says feom 5-65 lbs. but if he/she is less than 20lbs. They'd be better off in a rear facing infant car seat. Lbs cause they'll be more reclined and have don't have to support their neck the whole time in the car.

No lie, I was trying to research which Recaro baby seats to get for my Evo, but there's so many. I think getting an infant one may be kind of a waste since they outgrow it quick, but which do you have? I was looking at this one.
View media item 1384826

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/p...ain=http://www.toysrus.com&productId=38059866

Wait until your child is at least 20lbs though. I know it says feom 5-65 lbs. but if he/she is less than 20lbs. They'd be better off in a rear facing infant car seat. Lbs cause they'll be more reclined and have don't have to support their neck the whole time in the car.

Gotcha',Thanks. I thought that sounded a little too good to be true regarding the weight chart.

Gotcha',Thanks. I thought that sounded a little too good to be true regarding the weight chart.
I got my eye on the Recaro Ride car seat for my little man as well come this summer. Amazon has it a little cheaper than Toys R' Us too. Although, if your lady all about those Toys R' Us rewards to go towards other things like my wife is, you might just have to pay the higher price
laugh.gif

Amazon product ASIN B00B507A20
ELJEFE, he is about 17 lbs now but he is long (around 27") .....You think he is good in it now, or just wait a few more months to get it? He will be 7 months next week.

I have been trying to find someone with it so I can see how it fits and performs.

Last edited:
I got my little dude the clicktight Britax Marathon a few months ago. He loves it now that he sits upright a bit more. 

We got ours at Buy-Buy Baby, and i remember seeing some Recaro's there. You can use a 20% off coupon from bed bath and beyond there too, which is what we did for the two Marathons we bought recently. 

Yea I am sure that she will have the coupons and discounts at the ready when I go to buy it. She is all about them. I'm not mad at it though....saves us money, lol

I got my eye on the Recaro Ride car seat for my little man as well come this summer. Amazon has it a little cheaper than Toys R' Us too. Although, if your lady all about those Toys R' Us rewards to go towards other things like my wife is, you might just have to pay the higher price :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B507A20/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=225132C26BWKN&coliid=I3F4LU7A5Q69T1&vs=1

ELJEFE, he is about 17 lbs now but he is long (around 27") .....You think he is good in it now, or just wait a few more months to get it? He will be 7 months next week.

I have been trying to find someone with it so I can see how it fits and performs.
I got my eye on the Recaro Ride car seat for my little man as well come this summer. Amazon has it a little cheaper than Toys R' Us too. Although, if your lady all about those Toys R' Us rewards to go towards other things like my wife is, you might just have to pay the higher price :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B507A20/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=225132C26BWKN&coliid=I3F4LU7A5Q69T1&vs=1

I'd wait til he's 20lbs. My son is 9 months and I regret trying to rush him into it. And it's only been 2 weeks. They don't recommend front facing until 35 lbs and or a year of age.

The angle he will sit at is kinda uncomfortable looking.

I'd wait til he's 20lbs. My son is 9 months and I regret trying to rush him into it. And it's only been 2 weeks. They don't recommend front facing until 35 lbs and or a year of age.

The angle he will sit at is kinda uncomfortable looking.
Cool. That was the one thing I was pretty much going to do and thinking. He turns 1 in July, so I figured around June time frame I would get it. I know it can be rear facing, but I did think it would be kind of weird to have him facing the back seat since he would be sitting up for the most part. Almost as if his legs would be propped against the backseat or something
laugh.gif

I will just rock the baby car seat with the base for a few more months.

repped man. I have a 2 yr old boy. Been telling wife it's time for dgtr now :lol:

Now both the AAP and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recommend children face backward until they outgrow their seat. That means most children should remain in a rear-facing car seat until they're at least 2 or 3 years old.

Back
Top Bottom