*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

I copped this on release date, have given it about 4 spins, given it some time to digest and.... I love this album! Rae came extremely correct on this. I hadn't listened to any of the pre-released tracks or the leak so everything was fresh- glad I waited
smokin.gif

1. Return of the North Star - Love the concept but not the execution. Papa Wu's jewels just sound forced on this... but it's the intro, and it'sOK by those standards

2. House of Flying Daggers -
eek.gif
The energy, hook and beat remind me of DaMystery of Chessboxing in the best way possible... maybe my favorite track on the album... 5

3. Sonny's Missing -
eek.gif
Excellent storytelling track, Chef still gotit... 5

4. Pyrex Visions -
eek.gif
Even though Lord Finesse flipped the sample for O.C.over a decade ago (and it was probably the best song on Jewelz), this is still an extremely ill song and the title only adds to the feel... 5

5. Cold Outside - Pretty good song, would have went better as the second-to-last song with Kiss the Ring closing it out... Also, Rae should have come in afterthe initial "cold outside" part instead of having dude do the whole chorus and a bridge to start the song... 3.5

6. Black Mozart - Only things that detracts from the track is the unoriginal hook... 4

7. Gihad -
pimp.gif
Beat is bananas, Rae and Ghost both go in... Ghost isstraight comedy... the "Something About Mary" and "my man's gun looks scary" line was kind of corny though... 4.5

8. New Wu -
eek.gif
I had never heard this before last Tuesday but this is somelaid-back, feel-good Wu music... is that a contradiction?
laugh.gif

9. Penitentiary - Story line was decent, beat gets somewhat stale... still a pretty good offering... 3.5

10. Baggin Crack -
pimp.gif
Straight banger from the Green Eyed Bandit... Raespits that fishscale... maybe the most under-appreciated joint on the album so far... 4.5

11. Surgical Gloves -
eek.gif
Rae could be spittin anything over this beat andit would sound good... luckily for us he brought the heat so it sounds incredible... 5

12. Broken Safety -
pimp.gif
Thank you Rae for bringing this out of Jada andStyles... 4.5

13. Canal Street - Very good song, aside from the over-used sample... 4

14. Ason Jones -
eek.gif
Excellent tribute... not overly sentimental, justreal. The beat is perfect, the Ol' Dirty quotes are perfect... Much better than the tribute on 8 Diagrams...5

15. Have Mercy -
eek.gif
Great introspective joint... Rae goes in but Beanssteals the show with the first two bars... 5

16. 10 Bricks -
pimp.gif
Wu Banger... good to hear Cappa again... 4.5

17. Fat Lady Sings -
pimp.gif
Short and sweet, everything meshes perfectly-title, beat, story, etc... 4.5

18. Catalina - Very solid song... 4

19. We Will Rob You - Love everything except the terrible hook... they completely wasted Ricky D on this one... 3.5

20. _ Me - Beat bangs, Rae goes in but Busta really didn't add anything to the song... 4

21. Mean Streets - Bad hook, unimpressive beat, one of Ghost's weaker verses lyrically and flow-wise... by far the worst song on the album... 2.5

22. Kiss the Ring - Pretty good way to end the album... 4

Overall... 4.5. They should have left Mean Streets off and I could have done without Cold Outside and Penitentiary aswell. Change up the hooks on Black Mozart and We Will Rob You, take Busta off _ Me (or just send him back in the studio for a different 16), flip a differentsample (or flip that one another way) on Canal Street. Do those things and you would have an instant classic.

Copped on release date and been banging the #%^* outta this album non stop. #%*^ all that auto tune-r&b hook-sing along *@*!. I needed this raw hip-hopback in my life! Classic!
pimp.gif

to the guy who wrote the review, how are you gonna say cold outside should be left off??one of the best songs on the cd.

And 70 grand ain't bad in this day and age with no radio spins, no number 1 music videos. Some people still havn't gotten to the store yet. I don'thave cd stores around me anymore, I'm waiting till I have to order something else on amazon. Not trying to go to the mall.

ayo Bundy make sure u crack cell number 5 fifteen minutes early

yea yea i got u...yo u want some of these donuts?

Nah im good
laugh.gif

just played it again

damn this album is sick

mean streets didn't sound as bad as it did when i first heard the album

that was the only track i had a problem with, but i think it can grow on me

about me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

gotta give it some more spins later on
Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

theres no way it lives up to the name
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I like this album a lot but the OG is one of a kind...

Yea no $@@%. It's not an attempt to duplicate the OG, it is however one of the best hip hops in the last couple years.

^^^

Chronic 2001?
is that even a sequel?

I can't really think of many right now anyway
laugh.gif

Well whats a sequel. Cause if anything Eminem & Kanyes discography is one big continuous theme. Illmatic & Stillmatic>>OB4CL&OB4CL2 if youcount that. Not many "album" 2 arounds. I think someone is just tryna take shots at the blueprint series
laugh.gif

I dont like any EM albums but dig his underground and freestyles and select features.... he has no album better than OBFCL

Kanye cant rap but his music is good until 808 ,,,He has no album better than OBFCL

Stillmatic is overrated and i didnt feel it was better than a lot of his cds and i bought that joint and still got it in the whip OBFCL2>>
Illmatic & OBFCL on same level depending on sources there albums top 10.. IMO OBFCL...Illmatic is too short for me

OBFCL1&2>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom