Official PC thread.

The IdeaCentre Q190 looks like it would be perfect for davizzy since you could get the 1TB one with windows installed for $350
According to the comments in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563
The celeron 887 should be able to playback everything in 1080p & stream Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Those intel nuc's don't look bad either but are more expensive, require more setup and generally are worth it.
The size tho :smokin

Last edited:
The IdeaCentre Q190 looks like it would be perfect for davizzy since you could get the 1TB one with windows installed for $350
According to the comments in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563
The celeron 887 should be able to playback everything in 1080p & stream Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Those intel nuc's don't look bad either but are more expensive, require more setup and generally are worth it.

I've owned all of the listed machines, or performed installs for clients with the. A used Mac Mini(Early 2009 and up), with Windows 8 or Snow Leopard installed is a beast of a media center. The Q190 is the second most responsive of the bunch. They all will accomplish any task you throw at it in regards to general websurfing, and streaming media.

I've owned all of the listed machines, or performed installs for clients with the. A used Mac Mini(Early 2009 and up), with Windows 8 or Snow Leopard installed is a beast of a media center. The Q190 is the second most responsive of the bunch. They all will accomplish any task you throw at it in regards to general websurfing, and streaming media.

Good to hear, guess davizzy can save some time & some money buying one of these instead of building.

BTW, I advocate Windows far over OSX as a media center os personally. OSX doesnt handle multimonitors that well

Thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it.
Phen0m- how do you like the q190? I'm leaning towards that. I like how you could have the blu ray add on

So I'm in the market for a new gaming PC.  currently have a 2, almost 3 year old laptop....with Intel 3000 graphics 
laugh.gif
.  so i'm looking at getting a setup with these internals:

i5 3570K 3.4Ghz (will OC of course)

8 GB DDR3-2133 G. Skill Ripjaws X

GeForce GTX 770 2GB Vram EVGA Superclocked

Aftermarket AIO Closed Loop (probably a Corsair 100i)

120 GB Adata SSD

1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

Think I'll be good for the next few years till Skylake drops in terms of gaming?

Looking to build a new gaming PC as well.

Not looking for anything that can play Crysis on maxed out settings, but a majority of the games decently.

Anyone have a good cost-effective build?

Looking to build a new gaming PC as well.

Not looking for anything that can play Crysis on maxed out settings, but a majority of the games decently.

Anyone have a good cost-effective build?

I always go its so

Random 1 tab HDD $80(go bigger if you want)
A10-5800k or I3-3210 $120
$100 motherboard A85x or z77
Corsair ram 8 gig stick $60
7850 graphics card $160
Good power supply unit by cosair. PC and PC , sea sonic or Silverstone around $60
Case of your choice $20-$1000

Sad 60gb-120gb optional around $100

Get those parts and you will be good

Post from Nexus 4

Thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it.
Phen0m- how do you like the q190? I'm leaning towards that. I like how you could have the blu ray add on

The Q190 is a solid system. You wont have issues streaming content, light video editing, even a few emulators, or older pc games. Its not a powerhouse, but all of these systems do alot, for the money.. especially if you arent a huge gamer.
they are low cost, energy efficient, media center pc's.

Here are a few more, that use a similar processor, with 4GB of Ram to the Q190's celeron 887.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Intel-...1220081232?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item3cd1ee1e50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Intel-...1201881627?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item3cd0d86a1b

Benchmark of the processor:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Celeron+887+@+1.50GHz

Compare the Sandy Bridge CPU Intel Celeron 887 @ 1.50GHz Passmark score: 1489

To the more common Intel Atom N550 @ 1.50GHz Passmark score: 569

These CPU's also easily handle 1080P H264

All for 250$+

Need some help with my PC.

On start up, my screen turns black and says "one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency". It starts verifying my files, stage 1/3, 2/3, 3/3.

It gives me 7 seconds to press a key to exit, but nothing works.

Once it gets into stage 3/3 it never finishes.

Google has failed me, what do?

^^ Your HDD is dying. Dont run chkdsk yet.. backup your ish, then reboot and runchkdsk

How do I reboot? No matter how many times I restart my PC it always goes back to this screen.

Last edited:
How do I reboot? No matter how many times I restart my PC it always goes back to this screen.

Def a HDD problem.

Anyway for you to boot from a disk or any other bootable drive? If so I'd do that, back up what you need and get a new HDD then reinstall windows

JPeg, what youll have to do, is either research how to use a linux live CD/usbdrive to create a boot environment where you can copy your data over. Or, buy an external, partition the external, install Windows on the external.. boot from the external, then copy the old Windows install, on to the existing space of the external drive. If you need in-depth, step by step help, just PM me. Linux live CD is easier and quicker than the latter

Last edited:
i7 975 Extreme 1366 socket clocked at 4.0 Ghz
DFI X58 Lan Party motherboard
6 Gigs DDR3 12800 Ocz
950w power supply
DVD Burner with lightscribe
CPU is water cooled
Dual 120mm Radiator
Swiftech pump
DD Reservoir.

Good build? Only 450 on CL.

i7 975 Extreme 1366 socket clocked at 4.0 Ghz

DFI X58 Lan Party motherboard

6 Gigs DDR3 12800 Ocz

950w power supply

DVD Burner with lightscribe

CPU is water cooled

Dual 120mm Radiator

Swiftech pump

DD Reservoir.

Good build? Only 450 on CL.

No GPU?

Haha I know GPU stands for Graphic Processing Unit, but is it a mandatory computer part?

Don't wanna have to buy this comp, take it home, find out it sucks, then hit him with the Miguel leg drop.

Anybody build a sff pc?

Nope. My machine is massive. My specs are in my sig.

Haha I know GPU stands for Graphic Processing Unit, but is it a mandatory computer part? Don't wanna have to buy this comp, take it home, find out it sucks, then hit him with the Miguel leg drop.

Depending on what you need a pc for, a GPU may not be necessary. If you want to game though, I would highly recommend purchasing one and just installing it in that setup. That power supply is massive so no need to worry about it getting enough juice.

Back
Top Bottom