Official PC thread.

Haha I know GPU stands for Graphic Processing Unit, but is it a mandatory computer part?

Don't wanna have to buy this comp, take it home, find out it sucks, then hit him with the Miguel leg drop.

Like dude said if you plan on playing any games you're going to need a GPU. But if not you could get away with the onboard video on the motherboard....if that motherboard even has it, you'll have to look it up

Jay Patt:

All PC's have a GPU. Just some, are integrated and some are standalone. You most likely you don't need a standalone GPU, because if you did.. you would know what it is. More likely you use your PC, for common PC tasks other than gaming and heavy video and photo editing.. so just get the best machine for your money, and don't squabbled over some details like the GPU. CPU for you is more important

Nah man I download games from TPB all the time.

Prototype 2 run on my current laptop.. But the FPS is at like 15 at almost all times.

Can someone give me the run down on these specs? Comes w/ a monitor so it has higher priority over the previously posted.

AMD FX 4100 Quad Core 3.6-3.8 CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Graphics Card
Patriot 4 GB 1333 MHz (1 stick)
After market CPU cooler so you can easily overclock the 3.8 ghz CPU
500 GB Seagate hard drive
DVDROM drive
Thermaltake Gaming Case
Acer 23" flat screen monitor
Windows 7

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 @ ****** on ebay tryna say their computers blow away bf3, crysis 3, look in the specs and the gpu they got in there a gts 260

What do you guys think about this? Worth it?

Nzxt Swith 810 Hybrid Full Tower Case
Intel Core i7-3770K CPU (Overclocked at 4.42Ghz.)
Asus P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard (Updated Bios)
OCZ ZX Series Fully Modular Power Supply 80+Gold 1000W
2 OCZ Vertex3 120GB Solid State Drive
2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (Total of 4TB)
2 MSi Geforce GTX 660Ti OC Power Edition (SLi) *User can Overclock GPU*
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling (Push/Pull Configuration)
4 120mm Cougar Fans(Orange Fans)
G.Skills RipjawX 1600Mhz 16GB Ram
LG Bluray/Dvd Drive/Burner
Asus Dvd Drive/Burner
7 Xigmatek 140mm Crystal White LED fans
Rosewill Card Reader
Kingston HyperX Ram Cooler
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
FREE! Full Game Edition "Borderlands 2"
FREE! Full Game Edition "MASS3 EFFECT"
FREE! Avast Anti-Virus (1 yr.)
$2300

or this one with haswell

System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with SP1
Processor:Intel Core i5-4430 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.0GHz, 84W, Fan, 1100 MHz Graphics Core Speed (Launch Date: June 2nd, 2013)
Motherboard:Asus Intel B85M-G Motherboard - uATX, Socket LGA1150, Intel B85 Express Chipset, 1600MHz DDR3, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 8-Channel Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0
Memory:16G DDR3 1600MHz
Solid State Drive:SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
Graphic Card:XFX Radeon HD 7770 Core Edition Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 2x Dual-Link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, CrossFire, Dual-Slot, Fan
Power Supply:Thermaltake TR-600 TR2 ATX Power Supply
Case:Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Steel / Plastic compact ATX Mid Tower Case
$999

Last edited:
I would go with the first machine you listed personally. The price is good and I like beastly computers.

I really like everything in it, kinda overkill for me tho :lol: You think that would last me a long time? What about gaming? Should be fine running on highest settings right?

Others know a bit more than me but have you tried any anti virus software? AVG free is what i've been using
nope all i know is i took my pc in to staples and they had to replace the ram and then they said it looks like i have a virus so i can either pay 150 to fix teh problem or pay 200 which would last about a year if i continue to have viruses

I got the upgrade itch

even tho i just web browse and watch movies :lol:

I'm the same way man. I really want to do a completely new gaming build. Priced everything out and a new build right now would cost around 2400 bucks, that's if I go all out the way I want to

My next purchase will be 3 new monitors. Each of them will be 2560x1600. I'm using 3 monitors now but they are 1920x1080.

Summer Sale has started on GoG. Torchlight is free. Just FYI

How long do their sales usually last? I want to wait and compare prices with the Steam Summer Sale....this GoG site has both Witchers for super cheap though, just might go ahead and get them anyway.

nvm I see right on the banner it lasts until July 5th

Last edited:
How long do their sales usually last? I want to wait and compare prices with the Steam Summer Sale....this GoG site has both Witchers for super cheap though, just might go ahead and get them anyway.

nvm I see right on the banner it lasts until July 5th

I like GoG because all of their games are DRM free. Don't have to go through Steam.

My friend bought off my i7 2600K and Maximus V Formula from me. Looks like I'm going without a rig up until early October. Forced upgrade to Haswell from Sandy Bridge. :lol:

Gutted with NVIDIA's pricing of the new 700-series GPUs. Just ******g brilliant. There goes my GTX 680's resale value out the window. :smh: :x :\ Titan guys must be pissed. :lol: Flipping it ASAP before it becomes a pain in the *** to sell off. Hopefully my friend takes my 680 as well. He's looking forward to SLI 680s down the road. Hope that's still the plan.

To get me by, I've been waiting for the new Vaio Duo 13 from Sony to drop (and they said June 9th :stoneface: ). Almost bought the Duo 11 but the new one was around the corner, so I held off. Need a new laptop for work, anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone see the Mass Effect Trilogy on sale anywhere? I've already played the first two on 360 but I want to play though them again on PC so I can start the third

I received an AMD A8 6600k Blackedition for FREE during E3, thinking about using it as a HTPC ...any good site deals on an HTPC case?

Anyone see the Mass Effect Trilogy on sale anywhere? I've already played the first two on 360 but I want to play though them again on PC so I can start the third
I copped recently through GameFly for $16. Double-check GameFly or the EA Origin store

Back
Top Bottom