Official PC thread.

I'm still a bit on the fence with the Asus ROG Ally. on the otherhand, been saving for the midtier RX7700/RX7800XT. although it's quite difficult since some pc hardwares have been dropping in price like RAMs and NVME. the 2TB capacity NVME are really very tempting. just thinking I don't need it now so there's no point on stacking up or upgrading with it. the Ryzen 5800X3D is also tempting me a lot.

Keep us posted once you've setup n running. Esp that battery.

So far so good. I don’t expect much out of battery life especially @ 30 watts.

I need to watch some tutorial videos though because there seems to be a lot going on software wise with it being an actual PC.

So far so good. I don’t expect much out of battery life especially @ 30 watts.

I need to watch some tutorial videos though because there seems to be a lot going on software wise with it being an actual PC.
Folks talking about watching that battery trickling down at 30W lol.
I wanna get it still, but not until I get rid of the steamdeck.

finally bit the bullet again and added another NVME for storage. too bad I skipped on the earlier ones which were faster and cheaper about a month ago. although a difference of $5 ain't so bad although would have gotten a better brand. on the otherhand, the one I got ain't so bad as well. this is what I ordered.....

Attachments

• legend_850_lite_feature_6_1200x695.jpg
    legend_850_lite_feature_6_1200x695.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 502
Looking for decent gaming laptop without breaking the bank. Expandable too, decent hdd and screen.
BB got this Acer Predator around 1300 total. Down from 2000.
Anything better out there?? Looking out for Jul4th sales too.
Appreciated.

Last edited:
Looking for decent gaming laptop without breaking the bank. Expandable too, decent hdd and screen.
BB got this Acer Predator around 1300 total. Down from 2000.
Anything better out there?? Looking out for Jul4th sales too.
Appreciated.

Specs are not bad but I would look to see if some other vendor is selling something close or similar in spec at a much lower price.

Specs are not bad but I would look to see if some other vendor is selling something close or similar in spec at a much lower price.
Gotcha. Amazon is overall precier though.
I'm checking newegg, b&h, etc but that laptop is my best pick within that money range.
Could do without all the rgb though. Only more pieces that'd break.

Gotcha. Amazon is overall precier though.
I'm checking newegg, b&h, etc but that laptop is my best pick within that money range.
Could do without all the rgb though. Only more pieces that'd break.
Rgb doesn't really do a lot especially for laptops. Just buy some cheap rgb strips if you are into that sort of thing. That laptop imo would do you solid for 4 years if the system requirements don't go overboard by the next year. My desktop gaming rig is approaching that milestone in a few months and still holding strong. I might consider upgrading in a year or 2 once my finances settles. Right now, I'm good with a bit of incremental upgrading like cpu and gpu. I feel I would get a better deal with both in a few months.

Word. I'm debating that geeksquad warranty.
Y'all ever get that too?
Steamdeck too getting crazy discounts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630_150312_Steam.jpg
    Screenshot_20230630_150312_Steam.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 605
Word. I'm debating that geeksquad warranty.
Y'all ever get that too?
Steamdeck too getting crazy discounts.
I don't buy that crap geekcrap warranty. Their service is abysmal and I know better to work my way around a pc over their team of weekender employees. As far as hardware problem goes, I'd rather just buy an extended warranty. Easy replacement and no bs delays or waiting for your unit to get fixed.

I don't buy that crap geekcrap warranty. Their service is abysmal and I know better to work my way around a pc over their team of weekender employees. As far as hardware problem goes, I'd rather just buy an extended warranty. Easy replacement and no bs delays or waiting for your unit to get fixed.
It's only 1yr manuf warranty, then BB/GS gets the monopoly. I think amazon offer azurion though.
I could call Acer straight n ask too.

good news and bad news. so I bought a 2TB NVMe last week to increase the storage capacity of my gaming rig. bad news though is for some reason since cloning my 1st/2nd gen m.2 ssd to my nvme SN770 to be used for booting and gaming reads, I couldn't use the newer nvme boot drive along with all my other NVMe drives. it just wouldn't detect either some of the NVMe drives like the cloning process screwed up the slots and detection. bad news is I wasn't able to upgrade to a newer/faster boot drive and have to just install it to my son's gaming rig instead. so I'm still stuck with an older m.2 boot drive. it's not that it's really slow but it could be faster with the load times and better reliability. on the otherhand, I guess it's a trade-off with having a much bigger gaming storage versus a faster boot drive.

Why not fresh install and carry over the data?
I would have preferred that but I got lots of personal and business stuff on that drive that can be quite painstaking to transfer. also have it setup for that purpose. unless if I'm going to buy another rig for that purpose alone, but right now, finances are quite tight.

anyway, that's fine as I'm just going to buy another NVME storage, maybe another 2 TB.

not sure if someone already tried the Cammus bundle but I'm debating between it and the Fanatec R2R.

Any suggestions for a good Fast internal SSD for a gaming PC (tower)?

Looking for 4tb or so ....I also have a bunch of photos that take spaxe.

Any suggestions for a good Fast internal SSD for a gaming PC (tower)?

Looking for 4tb or so ....I also have a bunch of photos that take spaxe.
just go for an nvme, pretty much in the same price category and faster.

so far this seems to be good.

but if you really insist on an SSD.....

Back
Top Bottom