Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

I'll admit it, I bought one to resell.
embarassed.gif
Hopefully theydon't bs me.

^still contemplating whether or not i should get one to resell.. trying to find a camera place that would buy it from me for a good price coughretailcough

Haven't copped yet, just bought my Rebel XSI last night and still recovering from its price tag. Hell of a lens and heard it's pretty hard to use andhand hold, tripod recommended lens. Although looking at user reviews of it the IQ is really nice. For that price though i think i might have to.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Haven't copped yet, just bought my Rebel XSI last night and still recovering from its price tag. Hell of a lens and heard it's pretty hard to use and hand hold, tripod recommended lens. Although looking at user reviews of it the IQ is really nice. For that price though i think i might have to.

Well, its a macro lens, not a lens you want to walk around with to snap shots, unless you like up close pics of insects and plants.

Originally Posted by only 2three

are you guys sure the one on the best buy site is the 1200+ one you guys are referring to?

I don't know anything (still deciding on my 1st piece of equipment) but red ring = L Series = expensive
Anyone use Crumpler bags, by the way?I'm interested in getting one down the road since I'll probably just live with a cheapie to start off. I like em since they don't really look likecamera bags.

jrdnsrnss if the order goes through ill paypal u $20. Cause u ddint have to give us the link. good lookin out.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Haven't copped yet, just bought my Rebel XSI last night and still recovering from its price tag. Hell of a lens and heard it's pretty hard to use and hand hold, tripod recommended lens. Although looking at user reviews of it the IQ is really nice. For that price though i think i might have to.

Well, its a macro lens, not a lens you want to walk around with to snap shots, unless you like up close pics of insects and plants.

I know that it's just it's a pretty heavy lens, almost three pounds and without Image stabilization, which it doesn't have, you might besusceptible to camera shake, although with certain shutter speeds that can go away. Also it can be used as a portrait lens, not just macro.

I know my rebel XT isnt on that compatibility list, the damn the K2 is much older than mine if im not mistaken, correct?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I know my rebel XT isnt on that compatibility list, the damn the K2 is much older than mine if im not mistaken, correct?
nerd.gif

I am pretty sure your XT will work with it, I have a 75-300 telephoto lens from my old film slr that works on my brand new XSi. Canon uses universal mountseven from there film SLR from 5-8 years ago will work on the new digital rebels. If it doesn't and you do get it just slang it and make a quick 600. On aside note, i ended up coppin, never will come up on a steal like that again if it really does ship and i know i would of killed myself if y'all orders wentthrough and they fixed it before i could get it.

Originally Posted by R31J23

jrdnsrnss if the order goes through ill paypal u $20. Cause u ddint have to give us the link. good lookin out.
pimp.gif

I got you too man. You can start yourself a lens fund.
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

So, what will be the next major change to DSLR's? I think live view... even though some DSLR's already have it, I think the next generation canons andnikons will ALL have it.. it will be common for the next generation dslrs...

Originally Posted by only 2three

So, what will be the next major change to DSLR's? I think live view... even though some DSLR's already have it, I think the next generation canons and nikons will ALL have it.. it will be common for the next generation dslrs...

im saying itll be common.. like even D40 type dslrs will have it

I honestly dont even see a benefit to having something like liveview on an SLR

takes away so much from having this type of camera IMHO

so where else can they improve? and yes i do agree on that, there is just a whole different feel when you hold the camera to your eye and close the other....if you know what i mean hahah

DSLRs with video mode.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Imagine filming a vid with f1.4 depth of field like on pro camcorders.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

They already have "live view" DSLRs. IMO, I think it's cheating for photography (no pompous, high nose)
What are you talking about?
laugh.gif
The waist level view finder on either of my medium format cameras is the size of the negative 6cm x 6cm. Probablylarger than or similar size to the vast majority of your camera screens. And large format also has view finder size of negative as well so even larger.It's not cheating it's just different. Arguably far better for composing. There's a place for eye peice view finders I'll give you, thats whythey make them for even cameras like mine but live view is just digital somewhat catching up to film. I mean it never will in innumerable aspects but still...

The 180mm f/3.5L was sold out by the time I looked at the link. It's okay though, I don't even shoot macro anyway.

And for those looking down on live view, the 180mm f/3.5L Macro that was on sale in best buy would be perfect with live view.

One of the main purposes of live view was for precise focusing for macro photography. Using live view compensates for errors of the eye. And for those whoshoot JPEG, it helps get the correct settings quicker, as live view simulates exposure on the screen before the picture is taken (except when using flash). Andshooting from the hip or from above is way easier with live view without having to guess where the camera is focusing or the framing of the picture. Ipersonally use live view quite often when in large crowds and my subject is a far distance away, as it helps with my composition in less tries. Also whenshooting inconspicously, I shoot from the hip, and using live view helps me keep the subject within the frame.

You may call it cheating, but it's just another feature that helps photographers like RAW, higher FPS, spot metering, etc.

Adding to that^

I'm not sure why they don't just make digital slr similar to like this Pentax67 where you theoretically you could use it as waist levelesque viewfinder like so
pentax%2067.jpg

or just have regular viewfinder like so...
Pentax67ii-CameraHandGrip.jpg

That's how most medium format cameras function (including my hassy, it's just easier to show/understand w/ a camera w/ more cameraesque look) andit's really odd no one has thought to do that with a digital slr. Because the reason you don't have live view is pretty obviously the mirror is in theway of the sensor but I don't see why they couldn't change things around a bit and solve that problem.

With the XSi and i bet other DSLRs you can use your computer monitor as a viewfinder which i find awesome to precisely focus on something.

wow if u get that lens for 200 im mad ! i check this thread ten times a day for tips well if i remember too and i missed out on that sold out lens

crazy

Back
Top Bottom