Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

I miss SF

frown.gif

i just came to the realization that i need a new compact flash memory card for my camera... i can either buy a 4gb at best buy for $40 on sale or get a 4gb offtigerdirect for $20 but its some generic brand.
what i'm curious about is how much does the memory card matter? is the better brand really going to perform that much better than i should shell out theextra $20?
let me know, thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by hamez3

i just came to the realization that i need a new compact flash memory card for my camera... i can either buy a 4gb at best buy for $40 on sale or get a 4gb off tigerdirect for $20 but its some generic brand.
what i'm curious about is how much does the memory card matter? is the better brand really going to perform that much better than i should shell out the extra $20?
let me know, thanks for the help!

The only off brand i have ever used is Transcend on my point and shoot canon. Have Kingston and Sandisk cards for my SLR. The transcend branded card worksfine, had it over a year and no problems. Sometimes thought when i upload my pics to the comp some pics can't be read and the file is corrupt, don'tknow why it does it but it's not often and it'll only be one or two pics. Bought the brand because it was last year when SDHC was still prettyexpensive so i didn't want to spend the extra on a Sandisk or Kingston card.

Here's a couple of pictures I took recently:

Comments and critiques are appreciated. More on the blog.

damn, why must this thread keep falling back? was just on page 10
smh.gif
gottabump...

C&C would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

Canon G9 and its time lapse recording feature

Added the audio and title using Windows Movie Maker

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Canon G9 and its time lapse recording feature

Added the audio and title using Windows Movie Maker

laugh.gif

oh. you got me interested in doing time lapse videos. i need camera control pro for nikon
nerd.gif
sucks that it doesnt come with the camera
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom