Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Originally Posted by curt2121

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by curt2121

I'm looking to get a new point and shoot camera. I'm sick of my old crappy sony T-7. I'm looking right now at the canon sd870is. I like the image stabilization feature and it seems to have good reviews. What do you guys think? Or would you recommend something else in the canon line up or a different brand? Thanks for the help

I always recommend the Canon Powershot S5 IS as a point n shoot cause I think its a dope camera. Most people don't like it for its size though, but the features, zoom, video mode are some of the best.

thanks for the input, but you're right, that's much larger than I'm looking for. I have a larger camera that is fine but i want a nice compact one to just keep in the pocket when going out or whatnot. Anyone else?

SD870is is a nice camera, my sister has one. My only gripe with it is its a bit thick. Another pretty good camera is the SD1100is, 3 inch LCD on the 870 compared to 2.5 on the 1100. Both are 8 megapixel.

Check this one out http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ic_DMC_LX2K_Lumix_DMC_LX2_Digital_Camera.html

or you could use a good neutral density filter to slow down your exposure.. do correct me if i'm wrong

Yep, you increased the shutter speed but could't make the aperture small enough to compensate so you need to do one of two things - either shoot whenit's darker or use a ND filter.

You can't take long aperture shots in bright daylight without a filter to reduce the light coming in.

Yo...

Not to turn this into a buy/sell thread but I am selling a Canon G9 for $400 with 2 gig SD. I am going to put it up on E-bay but I'd rather sell it toanother NTer if I could. I can't go any lower then that price cause the thing goes for $500 and I know I can get it more on ebay. It's a high end pointand shoot and I messed up by buying that over my DSLR that I have now. If you ask me, get a DSLR over this point and shoot (I am just being real to you guys)but if some people still want a point and shoot, this is the best one. I am actually going to sell this and get a crappier point and shoot cause I can'tput the G9 in my pocket and I jsut want one to take video since you still can't do it with DSLR. Let me know what's up and we can go through all theprocedures of a e-bay listing or whatever if need be. I am legit as hell.....

Mods delete if this is under NT rules of what not to do. I am just trying to hook the guys up on here if I can.

36c35b5deb13834ac3e93faddff3bf6b5c0c0a2.jpg

37d154ef87c935d8b9dbb6f39acf82836b7784f.jpg

d2a151e380c230d5a391705966bec86d540a3ca.jpg

d4a15bef80c833db397cb12aa19366c82e2716a.jpg

I don't know the name of it but there was these visual guides to photoshops that were good for people like me. Just step by step visuals of screen captureson what to do. I hate reading stuff sometimes and especially if you don't what they are talking about. Just go to Barns and Nobles and read some of thebooks there take some notes or if there is one that you feel comfortable readind, then buy it. They also have those PS mags that have some nice tutorialfeatures with step by step instructions. I always used to go to Borders or Barns and get some free knowledge. If you have a laptop, that is a plus....

Man.....I am feeling that jelly fish pic! Nice job....

SF heads, (fongstarr, quick, anyone else...) i'll be in SF the next few days and I need some spots to eat at.
Help me out? And hopefully when I get back I'll have a good set to contribute to this thread.

Finally got some time to take a look at my pics. I don't get to play around with my camera much.

First picture was taken at my mom's house. Second picture was at a park. I don't remember when. Taken with XT with a 50mm. Feedback welcome. Please!Oh, and don't mind the uneven border and the watermark. Just experimenting.
happy.gif

259hicm.jpg

4l3bxt.jpg

nice aquarium shots andrewbeezy.. i'm a monterey bay native and need to hit up the aquarium before they close down the jellyfish exhibit
frown.gif

qkslvr, how'd you have an 88 sec exposure? thought you had an xt

Originally Posted by irpstakid

SF heads, (fongstarr, quick, anyone else...) i'll be in SF the next few days and I need some spots to eat at.
Help me out? And hopefully when I get back I'll have a good set to contribute to this thread.

Yo...check out the Norcal section. I think there is a thread on grub in the bay area. If you are going to Haight St to check out shops, go to Cha ChaCha's. Tapas style food but good and they have tons of beet and sangria for drinks. But yeah....check the Norcal thread...

Can anyone recommend me a good flash for my XSi. I was looking at the Speedlite 430EX. I would normally stick with Canon accessories but don't really feellike dropping the money right now. Anything good from third party brands or should i just stick with the Canon. Thanks

ajj, how big is your lightbox? must be huge to fit the whole shoebox inside that container thing.. i thought it would be mad smaller

how do u guys fix white balance on photoshop? sometime i have pics that are too yellow and idnoe how to fix it

Originally Posted by ii2cky

how do u guys fix white balance on photoshop? sometime i have pics that are too yellow and idnoe how to fix it

have you tried playing around with the 'color balance' ? That should do the trick in PS

ricky, do what im about to tell you
its complicated but hey

duplicate the layer with the image
filter>blur>average
then in the layers palette click the black/white circle, go to curves
hit the middle eye dropper and click in the image (which is now a solid color)
this will find the grey equivalent to the average color of the image (and the average of an image should be a shade of grey)
then delete layer with the solid color

i hope that helped!

Back
Top Bottom