Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Quote from Photography Bay

HD video capture
The EOS 5D Mark II is Canon's first D-SLR to incorporate full HD 1920×1080 video capture. Once filming isstarted from Live View mode, photographers can fire off either single or continuous stills, with video capture continuing after the final frame iscaptured.

eek.gif

Way better than Nikon's 5 minute limit on video, but at double the price.

Hmm...I've been contemplating on picking up a 40D after the 50D drops for a very good price.
May have to get the 5DMKII instead...

Can't wait to see what Canon has in store for Photokina.
Hopefully they'll come out with a 17-40 L replacement.

BTW, has anyone else heard about the custom 40D firmware with video features?

http://www.photographybay...non-5d-mark-ii-announced/

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Announced

Design-Cut-%2815%29_001.jpg

After a week or so of teaser ads Canon has finally unveiled the successor to the venerable EOS 5D, the world's first 'compact' full frame digital SLR. The EOS 5D Mark II boasts a new 21MP CMOS sensor, an expanded ISO range of 50-25,600 and a wealth of improvements and new features including full 1080p HD movie recording, live view, 3.0" 920k dot LCD, DIGIC IV processor, increased battery capacity and sensor dust reduction. UPDATE: Body-only prices: US: $ 2,699.

COPPED.

My-T.

^ Can I borrow it?
laugh.gif

Now they announced that the superzoom I wanted, the SX1 IS wont be coming to North America. I proceeded to ask myself "why me?"

Quick Question: I bought my D40 at bestbuy and got the product replacement plan, can i get a replacement/ refund/gift card if i justify that there is a loosecomponent inside the camera because every time y move it, it sound like the mirror or some other inner component is loose and moving inside. thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by JJLT76

Quick Question: I bought my D40 at bestbuy and got the product replacement plan, can i get a replacement/ refund/gift card if i justify that there is a loose component inside the camera because every time y move it, it sound like the mirror or some other inner component is loose and moving inside. thanks in advance.
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Depending on where you got it, you might get it replaced on the spot, given credit for it, or you mighthave to leave it with them for a few weeks to see if they can repair it.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

an expanded ISO range of 50-25,600

eek.gif

After using the 5d to shoot my last wedding, I'm spoiled.

Luckily its going to be a tax writeoff.
wink.gif

My-T.

The ISO goes that high as attempt to get film-like grain I take it or no? Cause otherwise I'm lost as to the point or usability of 25,600 iso.

No, just for low light. At least for me that will be the purpose.

Not to mention its full frame. I know thats not relevant, just wanted to throw that in there.
laugh.gif

My-T.

i need help. is it my camera or my lens?

i hate how my pictures come "rounded out" kinda like blurred out around the edges/sides....

why can't my pics be just straight focused? lol is it my lens?

this is what it looks like, and what i don't like
2419769015_1b1632f185_o.jpg

and i want it to be sharp like this. props to dunksrnice &rockthesole lol. an NT/ISS couple

^Well it'd help if the photograph was legitimately sharp/in focus to begin with and I don't think dunksrnice photographs (least not those) are reallyall that sharp. But what you're referring to is softness not roundness
laugh.gif
and it's the lens the edges of your lens are soft. Is it a zoom lens? If sothats probably a lot to do with it, and the focal length you use with that zoom lens as certain focal lengths will be sharper or softer than others and a hugenumber of the cheaper larger focal ranges lens for Canon's and Nikon's are $%$%+$! terrible as far as sharpness goes. It's more than likely reallyexaggerated by shooting handheld and without any natural light or a legitimate flash/lighting rig.

Edit: You don't need F11 or > to get that in sharp focus. That's ridiculous. There's no depth. You could probably get like 90% of the content ofthat photograph in focus with like f5.6 from maybe what like 10 feet away. Technically it would probably marginally sharper with higher F stop but I thinkyou're negating the real issue of a soft lens, out of focus, and what feels like slight camera shake.

thanks guys. yeah it's a zoom lens. 28-200mm i'm waiting for my 18-55mm come in.

is it normal to have like a 5" shuter speed with an 11f aperature?? something like that. idk.

and using this speedlight sb-800 is confusing. haha

no more d80 for me, i'm just gonna get a lens. haha

Good luck shooting handheld with a 5 second exposure. Thats probably why your pics aren't sharp. /use a Tripod, or use the SB-800 on the TTL setting.

I really don't know $*@ about SB flashes cause I've never owned one.

yeah, i'm using an ipod.

i dont understand how these people are doing f/11 aperature iindoors....
frown.gif

You shouldn't be hand holding shots with a camera with an eye level viewfinder slower than 1/60th. Don't give me this @!!*%%@$ about steady shot orwhatever other stability crap any digital camera has. That #*#% is fake, you can't handhold and shoot a clear and steady shot with an eye level viewfinderslower than 1/60th, maybe 1/30th if you have OD steady hands or brace it against your body quite well.

And you don't need F11 indoors that the ultimate point. Shoot it like 5.6 @ 1/60th and turn the flash to TTL.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

You shouldn't be hand holding shots with a camera with an eye level viewfinder slower than 1/60th. Don't give me this *%*%%!$# about steady shot or whatever other stability crap any digital camera has. That *@*! is fake, you can't handhold and shoot a clear and steady shot with an eye level viewfinder slower than 1/60th, maybe 1/30 if you have OD steady hands or brace it against your body quite well.
VR works dammit!
laugh.gif

yo ologist, what do you mean the 1/60 veiwfinder? lol i'm a total nub to this. =\ haha i just want clear focused pictures! haha

thanks so much santi and ebayologist
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom