Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

laugh.gif
This thread is great.
Here are a couple. I don't mind the harsh critiques, so bring it on.
laugh.gif

The arrogance, false sense of self importance, conceit, and overall condescending nature coming from ebayologist, a STUDENT of all things, is really somethingto behold. Like this dude has done anything in his career to justify any of it. Hell, dude has no career. Homie hasnt even graduated yet.

Ive never seen anything like it. Seriously.

My money says that the most accomplished photographers in the world would be far pressed to make such elitest remarks, not to mention such flagrantly selfglorifying comments as this dude.

Every time i see this dude post it reminds me of the bar scene in Good Will Hunting, where the douche with the pony tail is spouting off things hes read and/orheard in class as his own knowledge and scripture. When in reality, any tard with a library card and a 6th grade level of comprehension could have the sameknowledge.

just end it with ebayologist > all other niketalk photographers...

first night sports...ever...

excuse the suckiness...oh wait..all my pics suck cuz its digital.

from a wedding i did

they mainly wanted these kinda shots.

some one light practice
1 alienbee b1600 shot through an umbrella
2925637265_94f34075f2.jpg
2925637229_b3924ba03c.jpg

2925637209_5cae863c95.jpg
2925637109_073303b893.jpg

2925637077_7814afb2d2.jpg
2926488702_663a07d70f.jpg

and then a couple from sunday's photoshoot

^^I was going to kick to you, that even as student I have a photography career and have had work in a number of legitmate galleries and been in handfulnoteworthy group shows. And sold photographic prints for as much as $1,600 for a framed 24x24 1 of 1 Lambda print. And more than likely am going to go to top 5graduate school for photography.

But that probably wouldn't suffice.

You're right I'm arrogant, and when crossed or feel someone comes at me sideways I'm wildly condescending. And someone has really be someone inart/design world for me to be humble before them. I would agree with all that and if thats a fault of my own so be it. But every really successful artistI've ever met acts like their *#+@ doesn't stink whether it does or doesn't. So save it, you do you, I'll do me.

And you're also right alot of the stuff I kick here is reasonably simple and available information that I simply know off hand. But instead of havingintellectual conversation and serious critique of work which is what I do in my own practice aside from creating work, most of NT wants to talk/learn abouttechnical *#+@ that I know off hand or just post a dozen disconnected photographs and say simple make trite remarks like posting
smokin.gif
next to photographslike that aptly describes the asethetic experience they get from a photo and if that's what people want… I've tried to change it, so this thread wouldbe more what I think would be more productive/benefitial to the pratice of photography, but it's evident what people want this thread to be so…

And no need to reply. I'm done, not responding to you but with this thread. Like I've said before I've spent mad time in this thread helpfullycritiquing the work of most of the people who've posted in here one time or another. I've kicked certain things of various complexity to people adozens of times. They could have just look pages back, nah, I was nice enough that I just know it off hand I'll just explain it again. I've answerdozens of random +$+ PMs, IMs, and Emails from tons of NT'er who post in this thread and those who don't. I earned my stripes, but I'm done. Idon't get anything from this thread and for a good minute I didn't post in it because of that, but it's whatever. I really ultimately have betterthings to do and infact at the moment I have to read Martha Rosler's work "In, around, and afterthoughts" (on documentary photography) fortomorrow and I hope it's more intellectually simulating than this thread has been for quite sometime.

Peace.

If someone has question they think I can answer, you're more than welcome to PM me.

people here are asking for c/c on the photography level....not from a professional (esque) level. apparently ebayologist, youre a pro...so why waste ur timekickin peoples work to the curb when you said it yourself, you have better things to do...

then go out and do them......not spend ur "quality" time here explaining yourself...

we get it...youre superior. end of story.

us underlings can just drool over your prints and film photography omnipotence.

youre good but you dont have to be an @!$ about it...

most of us are amateurs but i know there are a few who think theyre pro's just because they got a dsLr....thats also one of my pet peeves....getting a dsLrdoesnt mean people can become professional overnight. and i feel you on that one.

Nice shots, qks. So you're the one doing all the recent SS work? Dope, man.
Bored, so I took a couple shots of the macbook

2mwwiyp.jpg

as someone who can barely take a pic of a family dinner with a point and shoot even with zero artistic spin on I really like looking through the pics in thisthread. Many of you are really very talented. I have really enjoyed Banas photos over time and check her blog frequently. Many of you are humle, and that isalways the best route. Some have a lesson to learn about the difference between confidence and arrogance. Having sold a photo for $1600.00 is less thanimpressive when you are among areal artists who make their living off art. I also think it is obvious by peoples actions if they are feigning knowledge andconfidence in an attempt to get approval, or when they are calmly confident and let their know how speak for itself.

All that said thanks to everyone posting pics for sharing, and putting up with the bs that has gotten sadly thick in this thread.

Originally Posted by whitefire

Some...Testing out some portraits.
Gonna do senior photos.

C&C?
perhaps you should try not to have your subject's shoulders squared to the cam.. try getting an angle of some sort.. props on doingpeople's senior portraits

good stuff as usual qkslvr

question for any film heads.. anybody know where i can find a cheap but decent negative scanner? looked everywhere online but i'm beginning to assume thatnegative scanners just straight up aren't real cheap?

Originally Posted by ebayologist

I may have crossed some lines…
gursky_EMArenaII.jpg

Andreas Gursky "EM Arena II"

But what can I say don't box with God…
laugh.gif

11378-.jpg

Andreas Gursky "Klitschko"

I think we should all just chill out/relax…
laugh.gif

Gursky%20284.1996.jpg

Andreas Gursky "Ratingen Swimming Pool"

But don't bite the hand that feeds you…
laugh.gif

gursky.jpg

Andreas Gursky "99 Cent II"

Just realized that's like 6 million dollars in 4 photographs. Lot we could all learn from Mr. Gursky.
laugh.gif

The last picture is dope.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by BIG FAME ONE

as someone who can barely take a pic of a family dinner with a point and shoot even with zero artistic spin on I really like looking through the pics in this thread. Many of you are really very talented. I have really enjoyed Banas photos over time and check her blog frequently. Many of you are humle, and that is always the best route. Some have a lesson to learn about the difference between confidence and arrogance. Having sold a photo for $1600.00 is less than impressive when you are among areal artists who make their living off art. I also think it is obvious by peoples actions if they are feigning knowledge and confidence in an attempt to get approval, or when they are calmly confident and let their know how speak for itself.

All that said thanks to everyone posting pics for sharing, and putting up with the bs that has gotten sadly thick in this thread.
that was very nice of you =D and i agree completely, i love that people come out here and post pictures that they love.. whether taken with acrazy digital camera or a point and shoot. i love love love this thread...! lets keep the knowledge and visually pleasing stuff going on a positive note
happy.gif

yo ebay what makes you like andreas gursky so much ?

what do you think about terry richardson ? do you consider him an art-hipster, for lack of a better term ?

what, if at all, makes his pictures stand out ? what do you think about other photogs. who take 'crappy, low grade' pics on cheap cameras for theeffect ???

Originally Posted by ebayologist

And no need to reply. I'm done, not responding to you but with this thread.
wait. so ebay isnt coming back to this thread?

well in that case.

2295323102_7eeeb6c3c3_o.jpg

C&C please!!!

Back
Top Bottom