Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

^ I think you shouldve changed the white balance inside to tungsten. Some of the pics come out with that orangey hue.

im going to try what you suggested next time........i had used the auto feature when i was shooting..........

Originally Posted by rizobs

from my nephew's soccer game. it was kind of tough because i was shooting into the sun. he's #43 on the white/red team.
Little man on the other team looks scared
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Picked up a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 not too long ago. VERY, very impressed.
I was planning on picking one up soon. How much did you pay?
I heard its very noisy when focusing though.

Quite noisy, on the heavier side....but it's great. The noise and weight don't bother me.

Bought it from someone through Craigslist...like new, original box + a filter for $270. I sold another lens I had so I didn't pay much.

I don't know why ya be concerning ya self about noise? So far I have tested a few lens that are so called noisy and I just cant help but to laugh how quietthey are compare to the #$%% thats going around me ...

I'm not sure if its because ya are planning to go to a sound proof booth to take pictures or something but I don't think they are "noisy"

Granted compare to some that are not as noisy you can tell they are focusing and stuff but its not like someone is going to hear a noise and be like with isthat sound .. lmao

I was thinking about buying me the Tamron but opted for the Canon 17-55 IS .. Post some pictures man!

Noise is a concern...especially if you're taking pictures at a wedding or some other event. But like I said, it doesn't bother me. I'm moreconcerned with the speed, which performs well.

The Canon IS is nice, but similar performance for a third of the price? No-brainer IMO.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Noise is a concern...especially if you're taking pictures at a wedding or some other event. But like I said, it doesn't bother me. I'm more concerned with the speed, which performs well.

The Canon IS is nice, but similar performance for a third of the price? No-brainer IMO.
lol don't forget the few extra steps you save with the 55 and the wide angle on the low end - but yeah i guess if you want a good alternateyou might as well go for the Tamron - but then again you can buy starburrys that perform as good as J's and call it a day right? lol .. j/k man .... nicepickup and post some damn pictures

^ Also, build quality, USM for quick & quiet focusing, full-time manual focus, and re-sale value.

Devanisgee, it seems like you enjoy taking candid street photos but you really should respect the privacy of people out in public especially when they say'no.' I told myself to avoid doing this when I was in Toronto due to the possibility of running into the wrong people.

Gabe, he uses a Canon EF 70-200 f/4L for most of his street shots.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by limestro

3218862695_726329a985.jpg

~Mike
Tilt-shift or blurred on photoshop? A lower angle might improve the photo since the ground is fairly dull. You can do some dope stuff with those colors.
Its a fake tilt shift photo, I'm still debating on picking up a lens. So I'm just trying it out for now. Here is what happened to thosepaint cans you see in the picture...if you are interested in seeing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J02AexAIvA

~Mike

vooqqw.jpg

Copped it way quicker then I thought. I think this is the same story as the other NTer, but found someone on Craigslist that was selling it for a fair price soI took advantage and scooped it up. Pretty happy so far and will finally get some dope skate photos.

anyone here own a Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8? Haven't used it but it sounds like it would be a great walk around lens.

I checked out J&R and they have it for $300 but its only an in-store special...
sick.gif

^ yeap i got a D40. (upgrading to a D90 in a couple of months...still a cropped body, but i cant afford a D700)
laugh.gif

I just checked but I guess this lens is not AF. I was gonna buy this lens and a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 wide angle lens. But I guess I might have to go with theSigma 24-70mm f/2.8, but the price on this lens is doubled to what the 24-60mm because it comes AF with HSM.

Here's my wishlist and hopefully I can get all of this before the end of the year.

- D90
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8
- Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 (not sure about this one yet...still gotta read more about it)
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4
- The Bogen/Manfrotto tripod-head combo
- Hoya filters

I guess that's it for now. Gonna sell quite a few sneakers (mostly Dunk SB's, some of my jordans) when I get back home this summer. I think its gettingto the point where I am pretty much done with them.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

limestro: Montana
pimp.gif

EDIT: That video! TSL?! You?

Naw TSL isn't me, but I was fortunate enough to see the footage being filmed and the writers doing their thing that day. I am in the video footage(1:54 on the lower right corner of the screen), you can see my block head there. The footage was mainly of Persue, but Rimes/Jersey Joe and Dr. Sex paintingalongside him on that massive wall.

~Mike

^ What type of 50? f1.8, f/1.4, f/1.2? Also, what type of filter are you looking for? UV protective, circular polarizer or ND?

Back
Top Bottom