Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Back a few pages, I didn't literally mean ISO 800 on ALL pictures. I was just saying that in full blown sunlight I tend to use a higher ISO, but I guessthat also depends on what the subject is. In night shooting I NEVER crank up the ISO. Too much noise. In case it hasn't been said before, I'm certainlyno pro at this. Should I just leave the ISO as low as possible when I can? Sorry if I gave bad advice. Maybe I don't understand it as well as I thought Idid.
embarassed.gif

hey guys i dont know if this is appropriate but i hope u guys can help me out.
If anyone of you are familiar with the Leica R3 Mot and can help me out i will appreciate it.
Basically i am trying to sell it for someone and i dont know too much about it.

i am selling it with Motor Winder R3, body cap and hand strap.
Also included in this auction are the following lenses:
1 Leitz Wetzlar Super-Angulon-R 1:4/21 (21mm)
1 Leitz Summicron-R 1:2/50 (50mm)
1 Leitz Telyt-R 1:4/250 (250mm)
1 Sunpak Auto 522 Thyristor Flash
1 Lowe-Pro Elite 3 Carrying Bag

Anybody know what this could be worth, everything is in great condition.
here are some pics:

Thanks in advanced for any help, and if i am violating this thread in anyway please let me know and i will remove this ASAP

Two quick pics from last night -

3261327339_60706f546f.jpg

3262027030_a77d638b6e.jpg

Feel free to C&C as always - anything I can do to improve is highly appreciated!

NickC
This could be the blind leading the blind as I don't know much as well. However, from "my" experience, I only crank up ISO duringlowlight situations where my lens is not fast enough to capture an image without blur and/or I need a good DoF to capture everything so I need to go down to asmaller aperture. If I don't need to get fast because light is great then I use the smallest ISO possible at all times.

Like I said I can be wrong but that's what I do .. Especially during day shoots because I have to much light and a higher ISO is going to be to much lightfor into the sun pictures ... I'll probably go a little higher if I'm shooting something in the shadow and with a small ISO my shutter go under 1/60then I might crank the ISO a little to get in the 1/125....

Once again I can be totally wrong but that's what I do ..

i just got lucky

I like the 2nd and 3rd picture a lot ..

JKiCKz9

that little dude is extra sharp and smooth .. like it - are you doing high contrast?

QUICKSTER - How do you like the 17-40 compared to the kit lens and 50 1.8 in regards to image quality? Of course its sharper than the kit lens but do you seeany other differences in the photos with that one?

I always like your sets by the way.

qksLvrtypeS wrote:
im sorta satisfied with this pic. only because i was able to show the rain on the other side of town.
3256381753_b1b35da550_o.jpg

c/c if you like.
nice capture. i agree that there are too many clouds or that it is too thick, but thats not your fault

just got lucky, thats a cool shot with rail flowing outfrom the bottom right corner. i know it sounds cliche, but a fisheye shot with fisheye sign would be interesting

off_line.gif
JKiCKz9, i really like the composition on this one. my eye is drawn to everything. just a littledark in the upper left corner by the homie's hat

elboricua 6, nice sunset with the light reflecting off the water, isthat the same place you saw the plane landing?

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

i just got lucky

I like the 2nd and 3rd picture a lot ..

JKiCKz9

that little dude is extra sharp and smooth .. like it - are you doing high contrast?
Yeah, I just touched it up a little with what editing options i get from vista.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Vista paint?

rizobs - yes it was close to the 1st location I cought the plain

Umm, I think so? Im not very advanced in enhancement, i dont even use PS, so i think thats what it is
ohwell.gif

I HAVE BEEN UNBANNED!

anyway, nice shots people. It's a shame that I've been sick and haven't been able to get out of the house and shoot a lot more.

Random shots I took inside the house (not that great, but oh well):
3245548400_e24e00b1ab.jpg

3244602117_f5c1a385be.jpg

3245425184_13c7b05ba2.jpg

3244605753_23568872bf.jpg

meh

Thanks for the comments...
smile.gif

BTW...did you guys like the assignment thing? I know there was quite a few of you that posted sunset/sunrise pictures. Just trying to get some feedback.

I was going to try to gather all the pics thats been posted and repost them, but my internet is hella slow...im back on the big navy canoe.

what should we do next?

Nikon D400 and a new Canon Rebels Coming soon. As well as a new Canon pro body. (1D3n/1D4)

Anybody hear any news about Nikon releasing a Medium Format DSLR? The format would be called MX.

MX will offer 40.7-megapixel shots at 6380 x 6380 resolution. Nikon have promised a big announcement at the Wedding &Portrait Photographer International (WPPI) expo, held in February 2009, and some are speculating that the MX will be the star attraction.

Back
Top Bottom