Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

dude it taking mad long because the camera/lens needs more light to have the correct exposure .. Once you go manual you can do whatever you want, but be awarethat the pictures are going to come out like $+*% unless you are going for a specific look ..

Nikon D90,18-105 lens kit, no editing other than resizing

still need to figure out all the functions of this camera...

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Quick question, I have a Nikon d40 with the kit lens. i was viewing that DOF video on youtube (which was very helpful btw, props to whomever posted it) i think my lens only goes down to about F/5.6, does that mean I wont be able to get that bokeh effect?

Also I was thinking about upgrading my lens to a Nikkor f/1.8 50MM. Anyone out there with a d40 currently use or have that lens?
when you're zoomed in all the way at 55mm, the lowest aperture you can have is f/5.6. but if you notice, when you put it to 18mm, you can have an aperture of f/3.5. you can get the bokeh effect.. it's a bit trickier, but if you're observng objects from afar, it's alright.

alright thats makes sense. thanks. right now im shooting on Aperture Priority so when ever take it down to like f/5.6 that shutter speed is always mad long.
laugh.gif
If i shoot on M does that allow me to adjust the aperture without changing the shutter speed? it does it automatically change to allow the the necessary amount of light in?
with M, you can control everything. shutter speed along side with aperture

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Is a point and shoot digital camera capable of taking pictures like these? With the panorama and good quality?
With a Canon G10 and a lotta skills you can do this..

http://www.davidbergman.n...obamas-inaugural-address/

Zoom in on the photo and you'll see what I mean. This is old news to most but if you haven't seen it it's pretty sick.

Just image if you would be able to take a photo like that with one shot from a dslr, how big would the sensor have to be? Like a moviescreen?

^^^^Wow...are you serious. I have been slacking on selling my G9 and I just scratched the damn screen. Other then that it is brand new but if the G10 is goingfor that, then I am going to be selling my G9 used for nothing. Errr....weak! These damn cameras hold no value.

well Cicuit City is going out of business - So it's not like all the stores have them for that price .. Just CC

Quick question, I have a Nikon d40 with the kit lens. i was viewing that DOF video on youtube (which was very helpful btw, props to whomever posted it) i think my lens only goes down to about F/5.6, does that mean I wont be able to get that bokeh effect?

Also I was thinking about upgrading my lens to a Nikkor f/1.8 50MM. Anyone out there with a d40 currently use or have that lens?

The 50mm is a great lens, most bang for your buck. But from what I remember with the d40/x (not sure about the d60) that you can only manually focus due to thelack of the drive motor in the d40/x. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by ronnskizzle

The 50mm is a great lens, most bang for your buck. But from what I remember with the d40/x (not sure about the d60) that you can only manually focus due to the lack of the drive motor in the d40/x. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Wait for the AF-S 35mm f/1.8

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by ronnskizzle

The 50mm is a great lens, most bang for your buck. But from what I remember with the d40/x (not sure about the d60) that you can only manually focus due to the lack of the drive motor in the d40/x. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Wait for the AF-S 35mm f/1.8
do you know a release date or have any idea on the price tag?

Late March, Early April. $199.

You can pre-order on Amazon right now, demand for this lens is going to be high.

I just found a BNIB 5D for $1468 - To bad I dont have any damn L lens to fit it .. Will the Sigma 30 1.4 fit? I dont know if I should pull the trigger ..

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

What for? You do good enough with your current cam.

embarassed.gif
Sometimes I get in this mode that I want to spend money -Originally I went out looking for the 40D and found it, but I read about the 50D being 100 dollars more, then I went out looking for the 50D and found the 5Dand you know .. In reality I don't need or wanted any of these but now I'm thinking in just buying either of these and selling my XSi and calling it aday .. but not sure ..

I found the Wacom board I was looking for $145 after taxes .... don't even know how to use it or if I need it but still bought it!

The Tokina fisheye is probably the best for the crop sensor as I heard that with the 1.6 factor the distortion is not as great as aFF

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Luong1209 - Circuit City going out of business - Right now they I'm looking to see what's around - trust me if I have to drive and pick some stuff up aint going for what I got them for .. unless I'm already there and paypal
Any luck? My local CC sold out already
tired.gif

909 + tax for 40D + 28-135; not a bad price, but ebay has it just as cheap. I'm still searching!

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Luong1209 - Circuit City going out of business - Right now they I'm looking to see what's around - trust me if I have to drive and pick some stuff up aint going for what I got them for .. unless I'm already there and paypal
Any luck? My local CC sold out already
tired.gif

909 + tax for 40D + 28-135; not a bad price, but ebay has it just as cheap. I'm still searching!

I just got a guy tell me $875 .. still dont know ....

I saw a few 40D 1 5D and what I was looking for a Wacom board ..

MyT - Nice pictures .. I have several similar pictures from the W Bridge .. nice man ...

Some more random NYC life pictures -

Still experimenting - Which one??

3286753084_850fc1e61e.jpg
or
3286753368_7dd1f331ae.jpg

3285936417_cbc17be8c5.jpg

3286752876_4221ec454b.jpg

thanks - I tend to always post my favorite last .. lol

look at all my series the last one is usually the favorite one and the one that I like the most .. lol

that will change ...

Back
Top Bottom