Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Hey Nikon heads. Anyone have a 20mm lens?

Apparently this is releasing Feb. 28th and I was wondering if anyone had had experience with one.

Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm f/3.5
voigtlander-20mm-f35.jpg

I was looking at some pictures on Pixel Peeper and none of the shots really impressed me. If anyone else has and shots with a 20mm I wanna know.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by rizobs

for real, what are you gonna do with all them lenses?

bayest, that's some cool lighting in that pic. did you have a slave flash on the other side of that door?

Sell them and buy me either a 50D or a 1st Gen 5D ....

nice, good luck with that... you think the same thing can happen with the Nikon 35mm DX?

here's some of my pics from the weekend

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

for real, what are you gonna do with all them lenses?

bayest, that's some cool lighting in that pic. did you have a slave flash on the other side of that door?

Sell them and buy me either a 50D or a 1st Gen 5D ....

nice, good luck with that... you think the same thing can happen with the Nikon 35mm DX?

The 35mm glass is only $200 bucks and a DX lens. I think it's fair to say that the majority of Nikon users shoot with bodies other than theD40/D40X/D60 so they don't need the 35mm that's releasing in March. There's already a 35mm f/1.4, f/2, and f/2.8 out there, so I wouldn't saythat these lenses will be easily re-sold. If I can sell the shoes I want to, then I'll be copping...even if it means passing on the rumored Eggplant 1/2Cents.

By the way, that fish shot made me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

The 35mm glass is only $200 bucks and a DX lens. I think it's fair to say that the majority of Nikon users shoot with bodies other than the D40/D40X/D60 so they don't need the 35mm that's releasing in March. There's already a 35mm f/1.4, f/2, and f/2.8 out there, so I wouldn't say that these lenses will be easily re-sold. If I can sell the shoes I want to, then I'll be copping...even if it means passing on the rumored Eggplant 1/2 Cents.

By the way, that fish shot made me
laugh.gif

thanks for the break down. regardless of the value, i really want the lens just for the AF-S feature. it's a no brainer for me.

that fish shot has a funny story. my friends were on the pier fishing for a good seven hours and that was the only thing they caught. it looks big in the pic,but its probably only 5-6 inches.

Some old random stuff ... I'm so down right now I needed a distraction ..

more of my city
tongue.gif

3294043292_eee874336e.jpg

3293220051_3b41de2284.jpg

3294042550_3b8c12020e_o.jpg

If you care to C&C go ahead ....

elboricua 6, you have a good way of adding advertisements or certain text into your shots. i think you're other one said, "dont be trashy"

there are only two fisheyes for nikon. the 16mm which are for full frames, and then 10.5. GET THAT. i love mine, and i'm sure fong loves his. haha

Originally Posted by neoxfactor

^any company or companies in particular?

oops, ehen i meant "for nikon" i meant, by nikon. they're nikkor lenses. i think there's tokina one. but i loveee my 10.5

any suggestions for a fisheye for a nikon d70?
The Tokina, if I'm thinking of the right one, is the 11-16mm f/2.8 which will run you about $550-$700 depending on seller, location, andcondition. From my understanding, the Tokina doesn't provide the "fisheye" look that you're probably looking for. It seems that most tend touse it as a wide angle lens. The Nikon one is the 10.5mm f/2.8 which will run you anywhere from $500-$700. Price depends on same conditions as above. With theD70 I don't believe you need a DX lens, but the Nikon Nikkor one is a DX lens.

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

2a61ilg.jpg

Your previous two weren't in focus and the white balance is off because it's in fluorescent/incandescent light which gives it that yellow look. Samewith the one above.With the one above, you don't need your ISO at 1600 which is why it's so grainy and noisy. I like the subject, but the reflection ofyour lens and the light above is distracting. I would've done the shot in a different location. Not bad shots, though. Keep 'em coming.

Did you get a lens with that?

What are you mainly going to be shooting Nacho?

People, Lanscape, Bugs, etc?

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

any suggestions for a fisheye for a nikon d70?
The Tokina, if I'm thinking of the right one, is the 11-16mm f/2.8 which will run you about $550-$700 depending on seller, location, and condition. From my understanding, the Tokina doesn't provide the "fisheye" look that you're probably looking for. It seems that most tend to use it as a wide angle lens. The Nikon one is the 10.5mm f/2.8 which will run you anywhere from $500-$700. Price depends on same conditions as above. With the D70 I don't believe you need a DX lens, but the Nikon Nikkor one is a DX lens.
you dont need a DX lens with the D70, but they work perfectly fine. It's on my D50 and i love it. trust me bro you won't be upset with the10.5 and you can find it used a lot of places for $450

Back
Top Bottom