Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

3342326131_85b269baf8.jpg
thats a GREAT pic.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

^^ the picture is nice .. just a little confused on one hand it appears that she is holding her breast on the other it appears that she trying to show off the jewelery .. which one is it?

good stuff there Fong .. I like your portrait .. I notice that the majority of the focus seem to be on the fan .. That happened to me on the picture with the Marine and the cover .. the focus was on the bill instead on the face .. sucks sometimes .. maybe its just my eyes .. but if it is was it intentional?

I honestly will say I had no idea what I was doing. I think I tried to get too creative with the off placement of the subject and the prop. Also I was tryingtoo hard to get some sort of lighting thing going on and tried to provide a backdrop but ended up doing a lot of photoshop to get to where it is.

But damn.....the pics you posted are mad dope! The light and just the focus points of it look really good. I still to this day look at some of the photosposted and have no clue how you do it....

Right on Fongstarr. Dope tat. Thanks for the youtube vid. will be checking more of those out as well as the little .pdf booklet my cousin hooked me up with. Hejust copped a D60, probably going to go mess around this weekend or so.

^^ the picture is nice .. just a little confused on one hand it appears that she is holding her breast on the other it appears that she trying to show off the jewelery .. which one is it?
Good looks!

My bad should of mentioned. It's the jewelry being showed of..

165kicks. solid flicks bro! good post processing.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

good stuff there Fong .. I like your portrait .. I notice that the majority of the focus seem to be on the fan .. That happened to me on the picture with the Marine and the cover .. the focus was on the bill instead on the face .. sucks sometimes .. maybe its just my eyes .. but if it is was it intentional?

I honestly will say I had no idea what I was doing. I think I tried to get too creative with the off placement of the subject and the prop. Also I was trying too hard to get some sort of lighting thing going on and tried to provide a backdrop but ended up doing a lot of photoshop to get to where it is.

But damn.....the pics you posted are mad dope! The light and just the focus points of it look really good. I still to this day look at some of the photos posted and have no clue how you do it....
Come on dude - for a person that didnt have no Idea - it came out super hot .. I like it man

Stop your BS man - your pictures to me are better and most of the photos you see is me much like you trying to learn new things and experimenting ... half ofthe time I dont even want to post them because I dont think they are worthy .. serious talk ... With that said - I'm looking into investing in some type ofportible I dont know what you call it -- but where they have the stands with lights and stuff like that to take portraits on the streets and at home -- I dontknow how much it can run or if its even possible .. but yeah .. anyone care to help me on that?

Kick - none of them is me ..

battleground - nice pictures man .. nice and crips

Alright......not to blow each other or anything....(no !#+#)...but the only reason why I said that is cause I cheated on the photo that I threw up. In theoriginal picture, I took a pic of my cousin behind a dark red blanket but ended up cutting her out in photoshop and put her behind a black background layerinstead cause I didn't get the right look from the original. From there I used the burn tool and eraser tool a tad here and there to wash her out in thebackground and I even whitened a part of her eyeball just a tad too. I mean if you can't tell, then my success as a photoshopper was good but as far asshooting that photo for what it is.....yeah......the original pic wasn't great at all.

Yours on the other hand, whether touched up or not are good portraits. Lighting looks cool, sharpness, bokeh...I mean it looks proper and you shot a bunch ofdifferent ones. The photo I took was the only good one and I had to do some major edits to it.

Anyways....I mean I don't try to act naive or anything and I know with liking photos, there is a "to each their own" factor. I like my skatephoto shot wayyyy more and I didn't get a peep from it....haha!

And speaking of skate photography, there a bunch of features on the dlxsf.com site that showcases a local well known photographer by the name of Gabe Morford(created the MASH documentary and has his own Vans shoe out right now). I am not sure if you are into that kind of shooting but some really good stuff.Anyways.....I need to achieve this level of skate photos:

http://www.realskateboards.com/

NikeAirs

You want a deal?

www.buy.com is selling 32Gb SDHC Card Class 4 for $76.97 that's like $2.20 a a gig ..
smile.gif

BTW, that's the next project??

elboricua - Pano
Mr Fong - Portrait
_____ - ????

Lets do it .....

Nice pix everyone...just a lil contribution for the "portrait" themed project...this is one of my early stuff when i was still afraid of shooting onmanual mode
happy.gif

2637006142_498da94f09.jpg

hahahhahaha -- damn dude thats a good edit .. I cant even tell you had cut and paste - good job man ..

everyone does a little PS here and there even if they arent willing to admit - You can see that a lot of mines have been ps whether it be B/W, Sophia,Sharpening since Im shooting RAW, saturation, desaturation, etc etc etc ... but for the most parts all of them are never cropped and paste .. I wish I could dosomething like you thats hot ....

anyways good job man ..

NikeAirs

You want a deal?

www.buy.com is selling 32Gb SDHC Card Class 4 for $76.97 that's like $2.20 a a gig ..
smile.gif

BTW, that's the next project??

elboricua - Pano
Mr Fong - Portrait
_____ - ????

Lets do it .....

Holy crap, I don't even know what I'd do with 32gb. Hahahaha. $14.99 was just a convenient price and at a convenient time.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Props to whomever poster that youtube vid of DOF. ever since watching that vid my pics have been alot less crappy.
laugh.gif
You're welcome ......

BTW, nice pictures .. Really damn nice!

P.S. What the hell took ya so long to start posting pictures man? Good job thus far man .... Loading some as we speak!

thanks bro. i just recently started getting into going out and shooting so im still learing. i appreciate the feedback though.

Kick .. you do not need to be getting into this like that trust me .. the more research I do about gear not even knowing how to use it the more I spend ..

Right now I'm looking into buying a portable lighting set up and thus far I'm up too ...... hmm $800 bucks .. ugh .. this ain't even fun when Ilook at my bank account .. or should I say my CC statements .. hahahha and for what? so I can post pretty nice pictures here? even that got me in trouble withmy girl because she feel that a picture I posted was inappropriate .. so I lost her and my fund are depleting .. anyways I'm not making any money and Idon't even know if I could since I don't even know where to submit but whatever .. just for the pure enjoyment I guess ...

TRUST ME .. just be happy with what you have as you are taking good pictures and don't be looking around ... haha

Besides pixels whats the major reason a D90 is better (or more expensive) than a D80? Also is the D80 a good choice for a person just looking to take someclean pictures, or should i save the extra couple hundred for the D90? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom