Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

First time postin in here...some really nice stuff!!!
polandspringskw3.jpg

flamelampua7.jpg

avejwj1.jpg

schoolparkingpankk5.jpg

86thstds7.jpg

timessqaremw3.jpg

xboxtx8.jpg

roymannbm6.jpg

arubastrippanyv0.jpg

neontreesx1.jpg

gsdesatcc8.jpg
Mishka Screaming Skull Bullet Proof Fitted 7 1/8 on eBay

Took a pic after washing the whip today. I suck at taking photos.
003.jpg

001.jpg

And a few macro shots on my girls point and shoot cannon.
CIMG0982.JPG

CIMG0997.JPG
<~~~~~ Member since Oct. 2002

Quote:
Do you guys shoot in raw or jpeg format? Anyone care to explain the advantages and disadvantages of the two?
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

some pictures i took and liked (Sony H-2, i know it's not an SLR camera and i really want to take a photography class but i haven't had the luck to enroll here in UCSC and i just like taking pictures even though i'm not that experienced... and i admire everyone's photos on here!):

hitting those high notes
497665147_5349df18dc.jpg

mixing music
499240371_40f18d6dd6.jpg

adidas superstars from x'mas
497636364_da5899be8f.jpg

xariusound gettin down
497667317_af04d3ae15.jpg

laughin and feelin good
497665693_cceb3cbd0a.jpg

d.f.i.t.c. (dj flow in the crates)
519658594_ea14908bed.jpg

1/4 of the progeny crew
'
497666107_becc1b29cb.jpg

'do you want to eat this?'
497665735_c2861f090c.jpg

housemates
511872530_0b64bfdb01.jpg

searching for inspiration (dj flow + me)
519764100_ec33fe639a.jpg
get out your dreams.i <3 my nikes!!7-0-7 feels like heaven :smile:

Quote:
Do you guys shoot in raw or jpeg format? Anyone care to explain the advantages and disadvantages of the two?

To add to what kdwallace said... which is correct.

jpeg's are degrading files.. i.e. a jpeg loses information everytime you save it again, so when you crop a jpeg and save it, it degrades... on top of the fact its compressed information to begin with. Basically what that means you can't really effectively edit the files because you're losing information even while the file will be the same size actual information in the picture will be lost.

Quote:
I get almost 300 on a 2Gb card

To me the idea of getting 300 shots without doing a thing is wild... 300 shots just in cost of 120 film alone is over $100. then if its color film I have pay to get it processed rather doing it myself and thats probably another $100 or so. think of it that way and 300 shots is alot...

^ I know, I was just thinking about that the other day. Both in terms of experimenting and learning new techniques and also that I'm going away for a week. In the past I would have to have a handful of rolls - of different types too. It was always a waste if you wanted to change the ISO but now you just press a button.

I was also wondering if my 2Gb was enough - then I thought that it was almost 10 rolls of film and I would never have taken that many anywhere - I took 5 or 6 for the whole summer I think.
TEAM SINISTER

any one have any suggestions for the settings on my Exilm EX-Z1050 10.1 Megapixel camera?

Thank for the replies on RAW vs. JPEG.

I just bought my xt last week so i'm novice at this stuff.

My XT came with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens and did not come with the stock lens that came with the kit.

I am in need of a good/cheap all-around lens that is better than the kit lens, but not waay too expensive because i'm just a beginner. Any recommendations of lenses with the going price would be great.

Thanks guys..im learning a lot from this thread.

finally another one of these threads back to life. the old one was great. wats up to the og heads of it like purple face, solistik (btw ur self portaits r dope bro) ebay etc etc. ill contribute later. peace to all.
SELL ME UR AM 1'S AND NIKE BLAZERS SZ 13.

!!!TEAM AM FAM!!!

Nothing special...I'd like to get more into photography but I want to save up and get a better camera first. Criticism is appreciated.

Taken with a Canon PowerShot A530:

Dazed
257764898.jpg

Funk SC
257764903.jpg

Happy New Years
257764912.jpg

Real Life in Color
257753062.jpg
Team Vote or DIE!
Chris Cool (aka I Got A Story To Tell aka Sik Wit It)
Because we gotta respresent NT on the Real World

Pictures I took on Sunday of a friend's G35...
6atwiaf.jpg

6cepuah.jpg
I'm countin' those M's now/ Those O's come straight off the Benz now...not the 550, more like the 65/​

AWESOME THREAD.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

In my experience, the advantage of RAW is that RAW is much easier to correct exposure and white balance after the fact. Unless you're printing at 24x36, the image quality between RAW and JPG is negligible.
My Galleries at
www.pbase.com/aablog

4kwoc2c.jpg

6bk8gte.jpg

6hckncp.jpg

4r8dlbt.jpg
====================================
MySpace
Hes weak Hes unsure of himself Hes a coward.
Clark Kent is Supermans critique on the whole human race.​

anyone have any experience with a nikon d40, i'm looking to invest in one.
girls used to diss me
now they write letters 'cause they miss me.​

^ I just got one about 2 weeks ago and so far I'm really impressed. It has a lot of nice features and the picture quality seems good.

Nice size too - not too big.
TEAM SINISTER

i don't have any experience with any dslrs, was that your first one kdwallace?
girls used to diss me
now they write letters 'cause they miss me.​

i need to buy myself a DSLR camera
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
We Roll Deep​

Here are some of mine. I am using a cannon rebel XTi. Any feedback would be greatly appretiated.
68a1003.jpg

4z0sl95.jpg

5zopn5h.jpg

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Sleep doesn't exsist in my house

Yeah, it's my first DSLR - my previous camera was a Konica Minolta Dimage Z5 which had a lot of adjustability so I had the hang of a few things.

I got a really good book which has helped me get to grips with it - amazon link
TEAM SINISTER

Back
Top Bottom