Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

here's my monthly contribution. the photograph was published in 1x a few weeks ago
smile.gif
Man are you sure you contributing every month? I would think I be remembering work like this ..
pimp.gif

Marking my calender for May 20 for your next contribution .. he he he

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

DJ bana wro

3459589303_68f3b87d6e.jpg

3460458308_4e4104a644.jpg
I know last time I did a C&C on your pictures you got on my case, but these two pictures seem wrong IMHO - maybe is my monitor or something, but they seem way to over process .. the noise is a bit distracting even if it was intentional - it seems like an underexpose picture that someone try to bring back by playing with the levels/curves and the bokeh (BLUR) is way horrible probably because of the sharpening you apply to it ... Go ahead and get on my case and call me another random NTer - if you post pictures they are subjective to critiques ..

i appreciate all c&c.
im not getting on anyones case.. but i shot both of those photos in almost no light without a flash and at a high iso, intentionally.
i like the noise feeling of these pictures, kinda reminds me of film (which i love using) ... if i had a flash it would be different, but these were taken atf/1.4
thanks though.. a lot of these are all pictures i just take when im out with my camera, i like to capture people, friends, social life- etc.

Another really noob question:

I have a d40x and my pictures NEVER come out as clear as some of you people's.Do you guys use photoshop?I shoot in auto mode if that matters.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

I have a d40x and my pictures NEVER come out as clear as some of you people's.Do you guys use photoshop?I shoot in auto mode if that matters.
the resized images can contribute to the "clearness" and also how are you shoooting? full auto?

and lens > camera

Originally Posted by mjbetch

the resized images can contribute to the "clearness" and also how are you shoooting? full auto?

and lens > camera

Yeah, full auto.

yo mjbetch or anybody. hit me up if you find the 35mm 1.8G for retail or a little more than retail in stock somewhere. i'm seriously tired of waiting onnikon and adorama to ship this lens.

^ my local spot here in VA should be getting them this week or next. they're selling for $230 though.

i think the online stores are receiving their shipments May 1.

^^i hope to god that's true. i bought mine for $10 less than retail on a special and i'm getting antsy waiting for it. but i refuse to pay more sinceive already waited this long.

Shots over the weekend.I barely had time to react to the f430, I hope the blur isn't too bad.
C&C appreciated
3460690427_6baaf507da.jpg

3456564354_54de0b0fb9.jpg

3455746455_880a48c927.jpg

3456563250_3ea5208f0a.jpg

3456562312_b8b58974ce.jpg

3453230878_eb3c181cd0.jpg

noisy bc I forgot I had my iso at 800
mad.gif

3453230224_c65fe74d0a.jpg

and lens > camera
Start shooting in Shutter Priority (S), and Aperture Priority (A), and learn to set your own WB and ISO. Start working on composing your shotsbefore you take them. That should get you started towards better shots. Post some of your photos and it'll be easier to give you advice.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

yamakazi, I really like that shot. Is it sunset or sunrise?

thanks man! it's a sunset.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

here's my monthly contribution. the photograph was published in 1x a few weeks ago
smile.gif
Man are you sure you contributing every month? I would think I be remembering work like this ..
pimp.gif

Marking my calender for May 20 for your next contribution .. he he he

haha yea i think the last time i posted something was 2 months ago, some old film stuff i had around. i'll try to remember to post something each monththough, i've been taking plenty of pictures lately.

and lens > camera
the amateur/consumer lenses don't really matter as much as some people will tell you. they only really matter if it's in a pro lens,something that's all glass and is a professional lens (usually a large constant aperture). in the amateur department, from my experience it's been thatthe body matters a lot more, especially if you shoot in jpeg, since the camera engine is the one doing all the post-processing and compression, which canintroduce noise, especially in the smaller digital formats.

resizing jpegs can reduce clarity, but most pros i know use a combination of the unsharp mask and resizing 90/95% for printing for the best effects. other thantechnique deficiencies (obviously making sure you focus correctly with high enough shutter to freeze your subject), PS definitely does make a difference inimage sharpening. personally i don't use PS for sharpening, but PS will do the job just as well.

Back
Top Bottom