Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

3517220731_f480eda89c_b.jpg

3518030518_dbf257fb3f_b.jpg

3518031698_23dabba6f7_b.jpg

for more from this set, click HERE.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

airjordanjack wrote:

Great stuff everyone. So after about 6 months of being undecided on which fisheye or wide angle lens to get, I am pretty sure I am going to go with the canon
15mm f2.8 fisheye. I was very close to buying the 17-40L, but I already have a couple L lenses and saw a few down sides to the lens (for my purposes). Does
anyone have any good knowledge on the 15mm fisheye or big pros and cons? I will be using it on an xti, so there won't be a lot of distortion, but still
some. Thanks for the help. I also considered the tokina 10-17 fisheye, but I felt there was too much distortion for what I want the lens for.
You seem to be confused. Even on a cropped body like an XTi, the Canon 15mm f/2.8 FE will still produce pronounced barrel distortion. If you want
to avoid distortion, you should avoid fisheyes altogether. If you decide to go for the extreme distortion on an XTi however, I recommend the Sigma 10mm f/2.8
FE. It is far better suited with a cropped body rather than the Canon 15mm.

Thanks for the info. I'm not confused, I know it has some distortion and I want that. But I like the amount of distortion it gives on a cropped body ratherthan a 10mm fisheye. Thanks for the info and pic.

dunkahollik - Thanks for the link man. I was checking out the pics and that is the type of distortion I want. Thanks

3490666454_ae6e395ae7.jpg

The North American Porcupine... check out its red teeth and iridescent eyes
3490648672_c3bb60126a.jpg

I found this funny and thought I'd share
3489878735_e730213c21_b.jpg

the good thing about tokina fisheye is the zoom, but when i had for my 450d i used it as a 10mm prime lol

Did my first car "shoot" at a meet today. Got some decent stuff, but man... The LCD is truly misleading in bright sun light. Metering is kind ofdifficult with darker cars on sunny days. ou either overexpose the BG, or underexpose the car. I need a polarizing filter asap, only bad thing is that thefront element on my lens rotates when it focuses.

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

Iphoto won't let me import my RAW photos to my Mac... HELP!
I think you need software that handles RAW... photoshop or something that came with your camera

Take a look at this monster..
_MG_8669.jpg

It'll only run ya $40,000
eek.gif

Finally got my hands on the 35mm f/1.8 nikkor lens, kinda disappointed in the quality of low light shots. Probably need to start saving up for a d90 body

Fong, those are dope.

I would appreciate some C/C from the car guys (Quickster!)
laugh.gif

The color might look as the wrong WB, but I actually made it like that in PP... trying to give them a "Film" type look (not film as in 35mm Photos,but rather video)

P.S. They look much better on a white Background.

3521481666_c84f6c572d.jpg

3520669299_0f4d53bae8.jpg

3520668597_4413a20231.jpg

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Some stuff. Nothing exciting as far as photography standards goes:

ride-with-me-12.jpg
Fong, please tell me that's not Palos Verdes...

Naw dude. Fort Miley area sort of near the other side of SF where the Golden Gate bridge is.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Some stuff. Nothing exciting as far as photography standards goes:
Fong, please tell me that's not Palos Verdes...

Naw dude. Fort Miley area sort of near the other side of SF where the Golden Gate bridge is.

ok good... cuz i was bout to say haha
frown.gif

Went to an outlet store yesterday...

First time I posted shoes in a long time... even if they are adidas.
laugh.gif

Newest pickup: adidas Superstar II adicolor (shot with EF 50mm f/1.8 II)
img2916u.jpg

img2920l.jpg

img2930f.jpg

adidas Superstar 2g '08 World (EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS)
img6665k.jpg

img6668.jpg

Back
Top Bottom