Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

^^

I used to shoot night clubs and I was mostly using 28-75mm and even 15mm.... I def recommend a zoom however.

A 17-40mm would be your best bet.

You're gonna have to shoot manual with all the lights around. A good starting point would be f/5.6 ISO400/800 @ 1/125 down to 1/40.

Experiment with it capturing all sorts of light.

Good luck!
portfolio

So the 28mm isn't a good look? Because that 17-40mm joint is like 6 Bills. :lol:
laugh.gif

My-T.
LISTEN TO THE KIRKOUT HOUR LIVE!
THURSDAYS 5-7PM EST
WWW.XTSR.ORG
WWW.SMOKINGSECTION.NET
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BONEYSTARKS

Oh, I know how to do that.
I just want to see an original photo and a digitally enhanced one.

There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me​

aj4retro_blue3.jpg

nz_anv1.jpg

I want to take pictures like this, but I do not have much experience with cameras? How do I get this effect, and which is the ideal camera to use?

thanks

Quote:
So you're not fooling anyone, so least have it accurate but most people who shoot film and even those who don't usually find thats pretty tacky... it's faking the funk.
Life is hard, but so am I​

4xwpzk0.jpg

4yzzfno.jpg
Ill try to live each day as if it were my last/Whether its content with frowns or laughter/I cant predict the futures holdings/ Therefore, I stick to the present /As if Im mimicking gift wrapper/My body is wrapped around my mind and/Some thoughts never make it to the light/Others, well, they rip through like /Bullets piercing the skin/Meaning, theyll have a painful effect /Sometimes at my expense, not what one expects/At least from AngGeon/My generosity shadows my ill-behavior and thoughts-Ang'Geon Emetrea Jeffrey

Quote:
Lol I doubt the idea of the edges are to "fool anyone"...Instead of using a regular watermark they added the edges to incorporate a mark that looks like its embedded in the edge. It looks a lot better then something like Getty images and it doesnt take away from the photo.
20060219164002_100967875_90fffaa58c_o.jpg

Quote:
I want to take pictures like this, but I do not have much experience with cameras? How do I get this effect, and which is the ideal camera to use?

I'm guessing you mean shallow depth of field? if so open up the lens i.e. low number f-stops. Probably need an SLR or DSLR to get it effectively.

^ I like that a lot but the white balance is a bit off.

15wjuyt.jpg

It would give a more accurate adjustment if you have the raw file but that looks a bit more normal to me. It's pretty close in the first place - not likethe photo I saw at my parents yesterday - my sister took it and the whole thing is bright pink.

^I really think its photobucket that gives it the color cast. But that 1st one I actually like it such smooth warm tone, it works, like an early yellow sunlight cast across. the two photos are almost like vc (vivid color) vs. nc (natural color) film but maybe a degree futher.

Thanks for the suggestion kdwallace. I was actually going for the more dim look. I took the pic in a dark room lit by a small night lamp (incandescent white balance) and just sharpened the picture in PS. didn't really mess with white balance, exposure or contrast of the original raw file.

the changes you made makes it seem like she was taking a nap during the day with the blinds open where my intent was a sleeping at night look.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come​

I was away on Friday night with the Scouts I'm involved with and took a couple of pics. Mostly playing around with low light stuff. The first one was about a 30s exposure just after the sun had gone down - I'd wanted to do one of these long exposure water things for a while - not enough interest in the foreground but it gives a cool effect. I also wanted to be lower down but I already had one foot in the sea and that was enough.

The rest were taken by firelight - I just put my ISO up to 1600 and snapped a few to see what could happen. Used the tungsten white balance as that seemed the most neutral - fire is obviously pretty yellow. Obviously there's a bit of noise but it gives a kind of cool effect IMO.

Played around with afew portraits in that light too - not much post processing - just some burning to get rid of someone standing in the background a few times.

4vdrpkk.jpg

62f5vzp.jpg

4mb1f1d.jpg

631n147.jpg

54ajtkh.jpg

33eps1s.jpg
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

^ I'm lovin this set right here. Side profile shot (2nd to last) is awesome. Maybe a lil color correction to bring out the subject more.

Fongstarr, I'm running with a Canon 5D and a 24-70mm L lens as my walkaround lens (can't really "walkaround" with 4 pounds strapped around you).
____________________20-FLAT____________________

^^^nice pickup on the camera. some suggestions....try not to shoot under a shadow and have the sun in the background like in your first pic. usually, the background will be very overexposed and if you try to turn down the exposure setting on your camera, then your foreground will be too dark.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

ebay Auctions To Come​

Back
Top Bottom