Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by mjbetch

can someone recommend me a nikon camera with good low light capabilities?

i was thinking my next camera should either be a D90 or D200. my D50 has about 25k clicks on the shutter, and i'm thinking it's gonna crap out within a few months. i need a new camera!

i'd say d90 but i dont know much about camera bodies.
side note: almost have enough money to cop that sigma fisheye
happy.gif

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

mjbetch said:

i was thinking my next camera should either be a D90 or D200. my D50 has about 25k clicks on the shutter, and i'm thinking it's gonna crap out within a few months. i need a new camera!

i'd say d90 but i dont know much about camera bodies.
side note: almost have enough money to cop that sigma fisheye
happy.gif
Wait.....camera crap out after so many shots? For real? Does that mean I should conserve my shooting of dumb stuff?

Gabe, get the D5000. Honestly, people are loving that camera, and it has nothing to do with the video, nor the flip screen. It's D90/D300image quality and low ISO capabilities, in a body the smaller than the D90, but a bit bigger than the D60. I don't know how true it is, but I read onNikonrumors, that a pro shooter, went on a trip and forgot his backup cam (D300) so he bought a D5000. He ended up selling his D300 when he got home, and keptthe D5000 as a backup. If you can get it for a good price though, D90 for sure. D90 > D200 by a large margin in terms of image quality and high ISO.

Wait.....camera crap out after so many shots? For real? Does that mean I should conserve my shooting of dumb stuff?
It's just a life span estimate, but yeah, technically they could crap out on you after a long time, but in reality, There are pros that arestill shooting with old cameras and I'm willing to guess they shoot more on the daily than anyone here. Don't stop shooting just because of that.

^But no autofocus on the D5000. Definitely a turn off for me. Damnit. Time to get a D90!
Take an SD card to a camera shop and shoot with the D90 first. I remember your D80 ordeal.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Really like the last pic there.

Why do you guys make your pics small tho? Theives?

LOL it's actually FlickR Since I dont own a premium account or whatever is called ..

3679930318_c88461f480_o.jpg

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^But no autofocus on the D5000. Definitely a turn off for me. Damnit. Time to get a D90!
Take an SD card to a camera shop and shoot with the D90 first. I remember your D80 ordeal.
laugh.gif
hahaha i know right! i was just being dumb and i didn't know what i was talking about. i definitely should have stuck with the D80 ONLY if iwere to sell my D50. i was a total newb. shoulda just kept the D80 and sold the D50. haha

Santi: I read that about the guy leaving his D300 in the hotel room drawer or something like that too! I think it was one of the guys that hosts DTownTV (forthose Nikon shooters out there that don't watch, it's pretty cool. http://www.dtowntv.com/)

Nikon DSLRs are supposedly supposed to make it to between 75K and 125K shutter actuations before they need to be replaced.

My theory on upgrading bodies is that if you're going to do it (and you think that you'll upgrade again in the future) then you might as well just makethe big jump. My birthday and Christmas are just days apart, so I'll probably ask my entire family to just give me money towards a D3 or D700 so I can gofull frame. Until then, I'll just be saving money for the 24-70 f/2.8.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

^ I don't think I'll ever go FF. I would like to, yes, but after the expensive body, comes very expensive glass.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Santi: I read that about the guy leaving his D300 in the hotel room drawer or something like that too! I think it was one of the guys that hosts DTownTV (for those Nikon shooters out there that don't watch, it's pretty cool. http://www.dtowntv.com/)

Nikon DSLRs are supposedly supposed to make it to between 75K and 125K shutter actuations before they need to be replaced.

My theory on upgrading bodies is that if you're going to do it (and you think that you'll upgrade again in the future) then you might as well just make the big jump. My birthday and Christmas are just days apart, so I'll probably ask my entire family to just give me money towards a D3 or D700 so I can go full frame. Until then, I'll just be saving money for the 24-70 f/2.8.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
it depends on each camera. for the entry level models, they go anywhere from 50k-75k and hten the higher levels anywhere from 100k-125k+. at leastthat's what i've been reading on flickr.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ I don't think I'll ever go FF. I would like to, yes, but after the expensive body, comes very expensive glass.
grin.gif
you could always stick with some older primes and zooms. i want a d700 bad, but no way i can afford it right now... and prob not for another year(been sitting on too much credit card debt).

i mean, it's not like you can't use anything besides the newest 2.8 zooms. you got the 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 28 2.8 af lenses... plus manual focus is easieron a full frame than a crop cam. there are lots of great mf primes on ebay.

it depends on each camera. for the entry level models, they go anywhere from 50k-75k and hten the higher levels anywhere from 100k-125k+. at least that's what i've been reading on flickr.

i've got a d70 with 80k+ on it so far, and it's still good
happy.gif

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

I might end up getting a D70 for the electronic shutter ....

Make sync that much faster
i'm gonna hold onto mine forever for the strobist stuff haha (unless i can find a mint d70s)... i wonder if i can hit 200k on the shutter

So I took a bunch of pics.. and by a bunch I mean like 75... and all of them didn't come out as I wanted.. but I don't have time to re-shoot plus Ialready sent out the figure so here we go...

First he was with J PayCheck in DC
J PayCheck wrote:

Nationals Park

Then he came to Queens, NYC
3680054475_792744b4c2_b.jpg

Next up Cali with Rocafella Kid

I mean if i'm making a jump, I'm going for a Leica M8.Part of me really wants to get an M3 right now but I'm trying to stop myself.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Mangudai954 wrote:

Really like the last pic there.

Why do you guys make your pics small tho? Theives?

LOL it's actually FlickR Since I dont own a premium account or whatever is called ..

3679930318_c88461f480_o.jpg

Alright....this is pretty much how I need to shoot for this damn wedding I have to do. Can I ask how you got the lighting so nice on her? I am such a noob withportraits. Is someone assisting you on the light or is this just a good photo cause of your lens? I can see there is no natural light really coming in from hersurroundings so I am a bit confused.

Back
Top Bottom