Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by 14tez

Opiin, Wish I could say I develop the film myself but I can't. The first few rolls that I took have been developed by a shop here in Oahu. Peace
Just to give point of reference I know virtually no one who develops their own color film. It's quite complicated and high sensitive so even Ileave that to someone who that's all they do... But b/w film you can develop yourself for probably what ends up being about a $1 a roll for 35mm beside thecost of reels and a tank which arent that expensive but anyhow...

Some graffiti some Hooligans did down my block...

82211730.jpg

yo my boy has a Canon Powershot S3 IS 6MP, but I don't like how the pics that I've taken with it so far have come out, who here knows I can get themost out of this camera??? thanks a lot..I'm still messing with the settings and all that tryna figure it out, but anyone here used it? Thanks. Here'sa pic:

ZYFRONT-MD.JPG

I honestly now think that megapixels don't mean @%@% if you don't know how to use the camera.

My-T.

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

yo AJ4L how do you get your pictures to look like that? they're really dope...it has like a silvery, bronze tint to it...is it photoshop?

They are called HDR rendering (High Dynamic Range). You basically take different exposure shots of the object (High, low and at 0)and combine them. I usea program called Photomatix to combine and adjust the pictures. Then touch them up a little in photoshop.

I've been wondering, when you guys do the thing where you write your name with a light or something with the long exposure, what do you use for the light?

Originally Posted by lanev0

so can anyone help me?
Sometime tomorrow or maybe friday I'm going to do alittle dropping of knowledge persay alittle SLR:101. I've explained f-stopsshutterspeeds various other things to a number of different people via messages, aim, etc... in varying amounts of detail and I think it would be helpful if Ijust put it out there all at once just the whole thing, so look for that and we'll go from there... Because as much as i like helping people with somethingthat was taught to me at point aswell explaining it over and over is tiring so I'll make end all be all tutorial of sorts that people can reference thatwhen they need/want to figure out how their SLR works etc.. and if you have specific questions after that that's fine but nonetheless...

AirJordans4Life wrote:

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

yo AJ4L how do you get your pictures to look like that? they're really dope...it has like a silvery, bronze tint to it...is it photoshop?

They are called HDR rendering (High Dynamic Range). You basically take different exposure shots of the object (High, low and at 0)and combine them. I use a program called Photomatix to combine and adjust the pictures. Then touch them up a little in photoshop.

ahh...thanks for the info...I'm reading up on that right now. props

i've been
eek.gif
at HDR pics lately. is there a way to combine theindividual pics with photoshop? check these out i found on flickr
pimp.gif

they look like cgi's
45660657883b52d331bohd6.jpg

7545500580af8e4245doij2.jpg

^ Photoshop (the later version anyway - I think from CS2 up) has a HDR facility. IMO it's not very good though - I've had poor results when I'vetried.

Photomatix is much better.

alright, I'm still new to all of this, I understand exposure and all that, but how do I take a pic at a high exposure, low exposure, and at 0? do I justchange the f-stop on my camera??? thanks

He means exposing for the highlights i.e. whites and lowlights i.e. shadows and then just a general exposure. With film depending on the iso you shoot youprobably don't need to do that. just scan it for the highs, lows, and just an even general one. Argueably the biggest advantage of film is its contrastrange and takes a huge dump on even the best of digital sensors...

But ideally in bracketing (which is what he talking about doing) raburns is correct you want to adjust the shutterspeed but you can reality do either thef-stop or the shutterspeed. most people would have hard time determining a huge difference between probably what amounts to at most full f-stop or maybe oneand half f-stops... But if you expose the frame well with like day light film (like iso320 or 400 or lower) in most situations you shouldn't need toactually bracket the shot, just bracket the scan of the negative.

raburns, ebayologist thanks a lot on the tips. my last roll of film came back today, I'm HIGHLY disappointed b/c of 36 frames, only 19 exposed, and ofthose only 7 are worth showing, but I am improving, so I'm happy about that. I'm getting used to the camera. Here's my current camera:
Canon_AE1_Program.jpg

onto the pics that did come out OK
laugh.gif

n8229793_34772089_5139.jpg

corner store up the street, I go there everyday to get a $.60 pineapple soda
pimp.gif

n8229793_34772069_8507.jpg

me chilling in my boys' dorm reading Details

n8229793_34772070_9015.jpg

Westfield Ave. this one is out of focus, but I kind of like it

n8229793_34772062_4802.jpg

my sister braiding my cousin's hair

n8229793_34772063_5388.jpg

broken lawnmower in my aunt's backyard

n8229793_34772064_5980.jpg

Shooting pool. one of my hobbies

n8229793_34772068_7944.jpg

the background isn't in complete focus on this one, even though it's supposed to be
laugh.gif

n8229793_34772220_6029.jpg

another one from my aunt's yard.

again, all critiques welcome...again, constructively of course. thanks

Originally Posted by ebayologist

as promised...

slr101cb7.jpg

In one ear and out the other.......

laugh.gif
just playing... greatly appreciated. Always giving that
pimp.gif
info.

Peace.

Nice stuff Ebay. I already understand it but good job haha.. Im messing with this HDR %!@*. Its cool haha.
442611.jpg

Back
Top Bottom