Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by baller mayo

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Anyone have a Canon Powershot S5 IS? I bought myself one for Christmas, but i told my self i wouldn't open it till the 25th. lol. I was aiming for a D40, but with Canadian taxes, it would have totaled to around $760 without a memory card, so I couldnt. cant wait to use it.

where you shopping? they're like $559 at Blacks, + 15% is just under $650.

My bad, i meant with memory card. i went to futureshop, it was $589.99, and the memory card was like 49.99 for a 4GB plus a stupid product replacement planthat was $40 bucks. regardless though the difference between $350 and $589 minus tax is still alot to me.

Originally Posted by baller mayo

Anyone have a Canon Powershot S5 IS? I bought myself one for Christmas, but i told my self i wouldn't open it till the 25th. lol. I was aiming for a D40, but with Canadian taxes, it would have totaled to around $760 without a memory card, so I couldnt. cant wait to use it.

where you shopping? they're like $559 at Blacks, + 15% is just under $650.

My bad, i meant with memory card. i went to futureshop, it was $589.99, and the memory card was like 49.99 for a 4GB plus a stupid product replacement plan that was $40 bucks. regardless though the difference between $350 and $589 minus tax is still alot to me.

yea i hear you. I just moved from Toronto to Calgary, there's no PST tax here,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
so Im hoping to get that d40 this week before xmas
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by SlowZEbra

crispy stuff Retroshoes98
2114144997_1cd4290469_o.jpg

2078036754_755436365f.jpg

How did you do first picture with a blurry background? Is that photoshopped? I been trying to do that but no luck...
frown.gif
and I'm also using a Canon S5 IS.

^Well scanning the film is a lot better than scanning the printed images. And I take it thats what you've done. Otherwise the focus is kind of soft on someof them, that might be result of how you scanned them. Otherwise i would say push the contrast a little more in all but the first two. And generally they seema bit dark but again might because the scanning. Compositionally I would say the first two are the most interesting, they actually might have bit too muchcontrast and definitely too dark. The others I'm sort of at a loss as to really their subject/significance.

Also dust your scans, if you have photoshop it's quite an easy task.

gHeTtOnOyPi, that photograph with the pot, dude just shortened the depth of focus, i.e. lower f-stop. You probably need an slr or dslr to have any real successdoing it...

Thanks for the advice. The prints are much brighter in person, and dust spots are from when i scanned them.
The other photographs we had to shoot nature, still life, and motion.
Thanks for your help.

^I know thats what the dust is from... You can remove them in photoshop with the healing brush. But yeah, it would help a lot too just scan the negative. Butno problem...

I enjoy looking at film a lot more so post whenever I'll try and give you feedback relatively timely.

I realize the camera is probably manual focus but you gotta work on getting the focus sharp, most of those 50mm primes on manual slr's are perfectly sharplenses.

Yeah I understand. I took these photographs last minute for a final portfolio due tomorrow.
I was using a very old 35mm, and haven't used film in years. It's my 1st semester taking the class so I'm still learning.
Still deciding if I should do another semester of film or go more into digital.

Originally Posted by SlowZEbra

gHeTtOnOyPi - are you on macro mode? btw how is that camera? i was thinkin' about coppin

Yeah, i think macro or even the super-macro mode on the S5 IS should make the background blurry, or maybe mess with your aperture settings. I cant wait touse S5... sitting under the tree right now.
ohwell.gif

If you want to see the types of picspeople take with the S5 IS check here. http://flickr.com/groups/canonpowershots5is/pool/

What camera should I get myt? stick with a Canon SD1000 or S3 or 5 or go with a Nikon D40 or comparable Canon EOS?

Back
Top Bottom