Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Really windy out tonight...
One with the man walking is out of focus.. i know..

2196872966_e5490745df_o.jpg

2196084305_4acc38724a_o.jpg

2196872530_a2c4a36444_o.jpg

2196083601_9ac50906ba_o.jpg

^Helicopter flew past..
2196872360_406137e218_o.jpg

2195945557_24c77fc1c8_o.jpg

2196872182_b01ac075c2_o.jpg

2196872626_7bd786ee2e_o.jpg

2196873060_b443810d17_o.jpg

C&C Please...

my nite in a nutshell... (with minor ps touch up)

after dinner..
smokin.gif

grab'd a drink then went home

Originally Posted by couturevanity

damn lol
Got be quick on your toes and keep those eyes peeled I got handful of old stuff that's just taking up space in my apt.
Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

thanks ebay.
No prob. Glad someone can put it to use because I hadn't used it in almost 2 years and everyone was on the 50mm prime movement and here I am justsitting on one. Pm'd you the tracking number. Enjoy it.

Great pics ii2cky... amazing quality from a 'compact'... should I expect to see some new timepieces in the pick-up post?

BK is so underrated... hope they make it this time around...

Suggestion Please?

I'm in the market for 4 computers. Yes 4. I currently have a 35mm Nikon70. I want a new 35mm SLR and want the best advice on what I should I get and lensattachment. I'm also in the market for a Digital SLR, a nice point and shoot digital camera, and a compact point and shoot digi. Any and all info would begreatly appreciated. Help ya fellow NTer out!

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Hurt my feelings... I'm in Canada though.

Jaw, You wanna let it go?

laugh.gif
let me play with it first. it won't auto focus on my D40 soit's an opportunity for me to learn and practice manual focusing.

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Hurt my feelings... I'm in Canada though.

Jaw, You wanna let it go?

laugh.gif
let me play with it first. it won't auto focus on my D40 so it's an opportunity for me to learn and practice manual focusing.

laugh.gif
Thought you had a 50mm already.

Made one of those cheap DIY flash diffusers for the built in camera flash. Pretty good results. at least the flash doesnt take over the image when its closeup.

The diffuser. Made from a orange juice jug.

6jg6qgg.jpg

Example no Flash: (Manual mode)

717e63t.jpg

Normal built in Flash: (Auto mode)

7xtts9s.jpg

DIY Flash diffuser: (Auto mode)

8easqyh.jpg

just received my canon 50mm lens in today from B&H.. works great, will post pics next time when i have a chance to upload.. and good stuff everybody

Originally Posted by sole lovely

89in3vt.jpg

i really like that one. how did you do it?
i set my camera on shutter priority mode, on my rebel its "Tv" on the nob. since i needed a fast shutter speed to catch the droplets iraised the # to 250 but it couldnt get enough light so i tried Tv with flash and the highest speed it'll go up to is 200. so turned on a little bit ofwater and tried my best to catch the droplets. i had the camera on continues so i could get whatever i could.

edit:

my attempts at taking a picture with a long exposure.

6sg80gp.jpg

6u5dtt1.jpg

^ cool... I've been trying to do that too, but my pics become 'over exposed' (I dunno if thats the right term), but the static street lamps becometoo bright... what should I adjust?

also for the more seasoned vets here, what exactly is HRD in simple terms (sorry for my ignorance)... I wiki-ed it, but it was too technical and way over myhead... seen some of the pics on flickr, and they look stunning... thanks...

^post some pics fool hahaa

Seattle206

dope exposures, gave me to idea to do the same..

this is my attempt to make write "rcky"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ii2cky

^post some pics fool hahaa

Seattle206

dope exposures, gave me to idea to do the same..

this is my attempt to make write "rcky"
laugh.gif

haha, I'm workin on it...

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

^that date thing in your pics is murder
laugh.gif
, same thing ebayologist told me a while back, there should be a setting on your camera where you can turn it off. but dope stuff! esp. the last one

laugh.gif
yea i know, i shouldve turned it off. my bad
frown.gif

-Comments welcomed, still learning, ignore the date
laugh.gif

More London

Dudes just circled the block for fun I guess
laugh.gif

asian girls with english accents
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(though these werent the best looking)

Amsterdam

Anne Frank's Home (green doors, had a tiny piece of paper that read "Home of Anne Frank" (or something along those lines))

So todays lesson learned the hard way was BACK UP YOUR FILES!

I was in the process of backing up something else so I moved my photos folder to my desktop but something weird happened and it deleted most of them.

I spent $150 on a USB SATA adaptor and recovery software and have spent the last 6 hours getting as much back as I can - got about 3Gb back and I have backupsfrom early last year - basically I lost some of the stuff from just after I got my D40. Nothing too critical but it was just annoying. Won't do that again.I think I might get a HD so I can just back the whole thing up when I want to - would be easier than the dozens of discs that I need at the moment.

All the files just have numbers for names now so I'm going to have a long weekend of renaming things.

A good nights work to get most of it back though.

Back
Top Bottom