[:: Official PHX Suns @ LA Lakers X-MAS DAY 2:15pm PT ABC ::]

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Question to Lakers fans:

Why are so many of you, seemingly all at times, so arrogant about your team? It seems to go beyond simple fanship. A lot of you have this attitude that your team is the greatest franchise in the world and when you win games, you guys usually aren't humble about it at all. Rather, I see a lot of bragging and cutting down the other team without remorse, even to the point of hating the opponent.

What's the deal with this? LA has some talent, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying some early success despite all the hoopla surrounding the team the last year or so, but as an NBA fan I can't honestly say they are going to contend for anything. Maybe that's because I'm not a Lakers fan, I don't know. We all want our teams to win but wanting them to win a championship and being realistic about the likelihood of that are two different things. Why does the Lakers franchise, and by extension Lakers fans, carry this attitude of "entitlement". Is this based on past success?

Don't want to derail the thread but I'm interested to read you guys' take on this.
You should direct some of these same questions to some of your fellow Suns fans. Zodogg, NBAdotcom, Matrix, etc.

Tell em' Ska, Tell em'
pimp.gif

Why are so many of you, seemingly all at times, so arrogant about your team? It seems to go beyond simple fanship. A lot of you have this attitude that your team is the greatest franchise in the world and when you win games, you guys usually aren't humble about it at all. Rather, I see a lot of bragging and cutting down the other team without remorse, even to the point of hating the opponent.
My thoughts exactly, especially since the suns havent won a..............oh wait..... were you talking about laker fans? oh nevermind then...
laugh.gif

You should direct some of these same questions to some of your fellow Suns fans. Zodogg, NBAdotcom, Matrix, etc
bingo. in fact every single suns fan in here except for one has come off real sour about this loss. forgot what dudes name was though...

roll.gif

Wow at the pics...

Can we enjoy our win haters without ya'll being mad we won? We doing the same thing any other team would do in a big win or a win that the team played ata high level.

To me this win isn't all about beating the Suns, it's more of how well everyone played.

You should direct some of these same questions to some of your fellow Suns fans.

Question to Lakers fans:

From what I see, Suns fans in general are nowhere near as unsportsmanlike as some Lakers fans. I think part of why there's a certain disgust for the Lakersis because it seems so many of their fans talk up the team so much.

It's not surprising to see some "bitterness" from the PHX fans because losing 2 games to LA is unacceptable. Call it a rivalry, whatever, butthere's a unique, mutual dislike of these teams amongst many from both fan bases. This thread displays that without question.
laugh.gif

From what I see, Suns fans in general are nowhere near as unsportsmanlike as some Lakers fans.
Then you must not see the stuff one particular Sun fan, Zodogg, posts here on Niketalk. Most the 20 something pages in this regular season gamepost is because some want to throw back at him all the unsportmanlike garbage he has posted.
I dont think all Suns fans are that extreme. Im sure some hate the Lakers the same way we hate the Suns but wouldnt resort to obviously bad talent evalutions,dumb nicknames or the worst... death wishes.

--Wow. Those pics are the new classics. Definite right click save.
--I agree with vanexcellent and burns, The "Faker" thing and stuff like that is gettin old thanks to Zodogg. How can he have such a high degree ofhate over someone he doesnt know personally? Geez.
--At least Laker fans still refer to Nash as Nash..Matrix, Stat...not "Suns PG#13"

There are many types of Laker fans, just as there are many types of Suns fans. There are Laker and Suns fans who are overzealous and quick to say theirfavorite team is "the best", "going to win the championship" and so on. What is ignorant to say or ask is, "why do ______ fans do/saythis/that" when not each and every fan's opinion is stated. I'm a die hard Laker fan, who criticizes my team before I criticize the officiatingthe opponents or outside influences on the Lakers' ability to play quality basketball. So relax with the lumping of all Laker fans in your comments or risksounding ignorant.

BTW, I think any fan, Laker or not, who chants "_____ sucks" is an idiot. I was really disappointed of the Laker fans who were chanting "Phoenixsucks!" during the Christmas game. It gives Laker fans a bad name. We know the Suns don't suck because they were able to eliminate us from theplayoffs the last few years. If you ask many old timer Laker fans, we've been through the great years, to the bad, back to the great years, to rebuildingand now hopefully back into some form of a contender. But the one thing is for sure there are very few teams in basketball which is as hated and loved at thesame time and that is because of the history of the Laker franchise. I may have hated the Celtics when I was a kid in the 80's but I respected them so muchthat if the Lakers were to lose to anyone it would be somewhat acceptable because the Celtics were equally great as the Lakers.

Most of you are too young to have watched or heard the chant when the 76ers beat the Celtics in the '83. The Celtics fans sensing defeat to the 76ers beganthe chant "BEAT L.A.! BEAT L.A.!" Even at 13 years old I figured out that that was an indirect sign of respect of how good the Lakers were. So if youneed to ask why some fans are arrogant, also ask yourself why some fans are so hateful. It's sports and thats whywe're all called fans. I love the Lakers and like the Warriors, but I really don't have enough energy to hate another team.

From what I see, Suns fans in general are nowhere near as unsportsmanlike as some Lakers fans.
From what I see you must not pay much attention. We have suns fans that troll our threads when we don't play them. Its both way man it reallyis.

You guys should really stop arguing about fans attitudes towards other teams. All teams have those kind of fans.

BTW the fans at Staples were wrong in chanting "Phoenix sucks". They should have been saying "Phoenix sucks at defense"

nerd.gif

All I have to say is Suns fans here on NT can thank zodogg, statmatrix, LuteOlsen,nbadot.com for the bad rep he has given you Suns fans over the years here onNT.It's pretty old & pathetic when a particular person on here has at least 5 NT screen names banned here.The guy right now is probably working oncreating 5 more NT accounts because he knows and we all know here on NT that he will eventually manage to get himself banned again.

I use to think that back during the 2000, 2001, 2002 years when we had our rivalry with the Kings that those were the most rude & obnoxious fans fromseeing how they acted @ Staples Center at Laker vs. Kings games and also seeing how some fans acted here and on other forums on the internet.But then thatlittle rivalry ended after 2003 and suddenly the Suns became a good team when Nash signed with them.Thats when Suns fans like Zodogg started poping up here andI and other Laker fans started seeing how class less fans they are.Coming up with stuff like "Die player #24 Die" or starting post with the title"Fakers vs. Suns" on game threads.

Trust me though, and I will preach this til I die, Blazer fans are worse than Suns, Kings, anybody fans. There's not a whole lot of Blazer fans so manypeople don't see it, but I've witnessed unreal things here in Oregon. Some dude sitting at the bar one time was telling everyone in there that if theyhad Shaq, they would go 82 - 0. When I pointed out that the Blazers payroll was like 107 million, and yet they still were losing games to the Grizzlies, orthe Nuggets, or the Warriors, he looked like he was going to pull out a knife and stab me in the heart with it. He was incensed. They will forever be theworst fans ever. Zo ain't got nothing on those fools.

BTW the fans at Staples were wrong in chanting "Phoenix sucks".
Wrong? No.

Disrespectful to certain extent? Yes.

What do you expect? They're fans. Put a couple of beers in me while I'm watching my squad beat a rival live and you'll have me cheering along inthe chant as well.

I remember two seasons ago during the playoffs at game 3 against the Suns, the Staples erupted and Lakers fans were chanting Phoenix Sucks throughout thehallways while we were exiting Staples.

It happens in all sports and stadiums. You don't hear it on tv at Charger games but they're always chants of "insert opponent name here,sucks!" chants.

Hell even at Padre games, We're chanting Dodgers suck to a Dodgers fan who happens to show up at a Padres/Giants game.

It's called rivalry folks. I bet that Phoenix chant was coming from the nosebleed at the Staples where the real die hard fans are at. Those fans don'tgive a damn.

I even remember when I went to watch Jordan's last game at the Staples walking into Team LA, I got sweated by an employee because I was wearing a JordanWizards jersey. The fans are real in LA. They don't play.

Call me an idiot too if you want. Call me disrespectful, but as a fan, I'm in on the Phoenix Sucks chant. It don't bother me one bit.

lol @ crying about the "Phoenix Sucks" chants... like they don't do the same when Kobe and the Lakers come to play in Phoenix or any arena. Ihear beat LA and Kobe sucks so much, its almost expected everytime the Lakers play in an opponent's arena.

indifferent.gif

While this thread is talking about disrepectful chants @ sport events.

Here is the one that I remember and stick out the most:

-Philly fans cheering @ game in Philly when Michael Irvin suffered a injury and was beeing carted off and the whole time most of the Philly fans in the stadiumwe're cheering.To me that is just wrong to cheer while a person is down, in pain, hurt and they're career could be over.I dont care how big a rival theopposing team is or how much hate fans have for a player thats just wrong.

Kidskillz that is uncalled for (the philly fans cheering)...but i think thats kinda off topic, not really relevant to Laker fans cheering phx sucks
laugh.gif

But i feel you bro...
smh.gif
@ Philly fans if they did that.

What is ignorant to say or ask is, "why do ______ fans do/say this/that" when not each and every fan's opinion is stated. I'm a die hard Laker fan, who criticizes my team before I criticize the officiating the opponents or outside influences on the Lakers' ability to play quality basketball. So relax with the lumping of all Laker fans in your comments or risk sounding ignorant.
I made an observation based on how Lakers fans, on average, appear. The Suns game simply highlighted that on this board. I wondered whatLakers fans here think about that reputation which, by the way, is not limited to NT. Just as Philly fans have a "reputation", and indeed many citiesdo, LA Lakers fans do as well. While I didn't intend to paint every Lakers fan as the same, the perception is there. Unfortunately, fan bases tend to beidentified by the worst of their group.

Sure, opinion factors in, but disagreeing with people does not make them or their opinions "ignorant". Some of the posts in response have beenwell-thought, candid, and level-headed, while others have been, well, not, really. Suppose that is a microcosm of any kind of true discussion on NT these days:insightful responses side by side with flip ones.

Thanks to all Lakers fans who posted, however. I wish you guys well.
happy.gif

called rivalry folks. I bet that Phoenix chant was coming from the nosebleed at the Staples where the real die hard fans are at. Those fans don't give a damn.
Wrong. It happened about 20 feet to the right of me in the premiere reserve seating. Damn that reminds me, I need to post pics from the game uphere.

Back
Top Bottom