***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If jobs and the economy is the #1 issue, why aren't you listening to all the experts saying Trump's plans are trash.

cuz just as many applaud him.

Bull ****

says da partisan :lol:
Can you post 3-5 economists/experts that do back Donald? Granted you said just as many who say his plan is trash there are those who say it's good.

Independent of each other and Donald (and his campaign) that are actual experts or economists.

Last edited:
Bill Clinton attempted to clarify comments he made slamming the Affordable Care Act

The former president caused headaches for Democrats on Monday when he criticized the law for flooding the health care market with new customers who benefited from government subsidies, which in turn caused premiums to rise for those who don't qualify for the subsidies.

and today... Bill threw Bernie Sanders under the bus :smh:

“Hillary didn’t vote for the ’94 crime bill even though Sen. Sanders did,”

Then he justifies increasing the prison population by 673,000 under his administration.

“You ought to think about it, if you’re really upset, that means you’re also upset that we had a 25-year low in the crime rate, a 33-year low in the murder rate, and listen to this, a 67-year low in the rate of people being killed by illegal gun violence. I’m pretty proud of that, and I think that was worth fighting for.”

Do we really need senile pervert Bill making speeches?

Last edited:
Smh at Bill's crime bill comments 
mean.gif

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article105849807.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ation_funds_for_2016_run_filings_suggest.html

Donald Trump strategically donated money from his foundation to conservative influencers ahead of his presidential bid, effectively using funds intended for charity to support his own political ambitions, a report shows.

Real Clear Politics tracked a series of donations Trump made through his foundation  between 2011 and 2014 totaling at least $286,000 to right-leaning policy groups. The analysis found that timing of the donations lined up with endorsements from such groups or speaking invitations at conferences and events. These engagements gave him a stage and access to the voters he would later hope to court during his unconventional presidential campaign.

Using Trump Foundation dollars to bolster his own political career would violate self-dealing rules, which prevents use of charitable dollars for personal use or benefit. The candidate himself has not given to his own foundation since 2008, reports show, meaning those funds given to the conservative groups were donated by others who thought their money would be used for charity.
Trump has to be having one of the worst weeks in political history right now 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Why Are Politicians So Obsessed With Manufacturing

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/magazine/why-are-politicians-so-obsessed-with-manufacturing.html

Hey sweet artificially outlining the point I've been trying to make, what good timing.

Manufacturing retains its powerful hold on the American imagination for good reason. In the years after World War II, factory work created a broadly shared prosperity that helped make the American middle class. People without college degrees could buy a home, raise a family, buy a station wagon, take some nice vacations. It makes perfect sense that voters would want to return to those times.

From an economic perspective, however, there can be no revival of American manufacturing, because there has been no collapse. Because of automation, there are far fewer jobs in factories. But the value of stuff made in America reached a record high in the first quarter of 2016, even after adjusting for inflation. The present moment, in other words, is the most productive in the nation’s history.

yeah, but lets keep talking about TPP. :lol:

and lets keep wasting money trying to get manufaturing jobs back in the us. :smh:

Last edited:
How exactly did he walk back his comments. Explain that to me

He clarified his comments. Whatever you want to call it.

I'm not shocked Bill can't stop himself from defending his crime policies. **** was wild violent at the time. Now he got a bunch of advoctates coming at his throat and i'm sure he resents it. Times are different.

I heard a speech he gave on immigration and borders back in the day. No democrat in congress would be able to give the same speech anymore. At the same time, reagan wouldn't make it out the primaries. Everything is just incredibly partisan.

Last edited:
Why Are Politicians So Obsessed With Manufacturing

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/magazine/why-are-politicians-so-obsessed-with-manufacturing.html

Hey sweet artificially outlining the point I've been trying to make, what good timing.

Manufacturing retains its powerful hold on the American imagination for good reason. In the years after World War II, factory work created a broadly shared prosperity that helped make the American middle class. People without college degrees could buy a home, raise a family, buy a station wagon, take some nice vacations. It makes perfect sense that voters would want to return to those times.

From an economic perspective, however, there can be no revival of American manufacturing, because there has been no collapse. Because of automation, there are far fewer jobs in factories. But the value of stuff made in America reached a record high in the first quarter of 2016, even after adjusting for inflation. The present moment, in other words, is the most productive in the nation’s history.

yeah, but lets keep talking about TPP. :lol:

and lets keep wasting money trying to get manufaturing jobs back in the us. :smh:

Who are you even talking to at this point famb. Ninja?

Because he is the only one that has been pedaling the idea manufacturing will come flooding back.

You realize that, right?

Last edited:
I think Osh realizes that only the right believe their precious poverty-wage jobs are ever coming back. Problem is, ninja and his mans are so damn dense or stupid they don't understand the concept of automation. It's like talking at a brick wall who spits back ignorance or bigotry and calls it facts or da truth.

Last edited:
Lower corporate taxes aren't gonna change the much cheaper labor costs in those other countries

I think Osh realizes that only the right believe their precious poverty-wage jobs are ever coming back. Problem is, ninja and his mans are so damn dense or stupid they don't understand the concept of automation. It's like talking at a brick wall who spits back ignorance or bigotry and calls it facts or da truth.

Nah, dude has been going on about American liberals too.

Nah, dude has been going on about American liberals too.
Disillusioned Bernie Bros who think they're being noble fighting for low wage jobs that they wouldn't be caught dead performing themselves?

Everyone knows automation fundamentally transformed the world. What does that have to do with people who don't fully trust governments to benevolently enter into trade deals on our behalf?

Who are you even talking to at this point famb. Ninja?

Because he is the only one that has been pedaling the idea manufacturing will come flooding back.

You realize that, right?

Not you.

I think in general trade deals killing manufacturing jobs and the desire to get them back, is a conventional wisdom that is pretty pervasive and it exists on both the left and the right.

i think there are people reading this threat who buy into "omg where are the manufaturing jobs" theory of the economy.

Last edited:
Rumor is GOP accidentally posted their spin articles before the debate even started. Declaring Pence the winner, the real loser of the night Hillary.

Or maybe my mans Colombia outceha maneuvering wit dem passwords :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom