***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Imagine a world in which dwalk31 dwalk31 had an account on a right-leaning website. Imagine he woke up this morning and made a bunch of posts reminding people that 2A has never been about unfettered access to weapons. Imagine him talking about the history of jurisprudence around the phrase “well regulated”. Imagine him likening restrictions on gun sales to, say, laws prohibiting murder. You can’t do anything!

Or, really, just imagine him anywhere else at all.

I’ve actually made these arguments. And I don’t own a gun personally (but I’ve considered purchasing one recently).

Personally, I couldn’t imagine shooting to kill someone—even if they were robbing me using a weapon.

But none of that has anything to do with the viability of Newsome’s reply.

Not gonna lie…..

1639323333980.gif

The GQP has no understanding of the Streisand Effect. Banning books only increases interest in those books. They'd be better off ignoring all of it. But, they have to make a scene over everything.
True, but the Streisand effect only applies if you're not punished for possessing the material that has been banned.

When it comes to Texas, they fully intend to penalize teachers who are found with the books on their ban list. That's where the concern needs to be.

He doesn’t want those subsidies because he’s established and just wants to limit competition. If people don’t see that then they are blind.
Yep

Dude just wants the system rigged in his favor

That is how he can complain about increases to corporate taxes and wealth taxes out of one side of his mouth, and then advocate for carbon taxes out of the other side

I always tell people that Tesla is the first mover in the space and the first to establish a foothold. However his products are underwhelming. I think one of the big auto manufacturers or even a new startup will take his lunch if they are given the chance. This is business school 101.

I think Musk has done legit cool ****

But before the positives about dude outweighed the negatives

Now, it is no longer the case

Ford got him so shook that he is basically outchea lying saying it is a bad idea to do the same thing that helped Telsa become successful

Dude wants to rewrite Telsa from a success story of government investment, into some libertarian fairy tale

While rocking a worse fade than Luka Doncic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom