***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Again, I'm not caring about this Newsom convo for another four years.

But even if it were 2027, I doubt a soundbite like that matters much for many reasons. The audience, electoral math, etc.

And actually, taking that stance in an entire campaign would hurt Newsom more in the primary than the general

But overall, I think it is inconsequential. Just feels to me like the usual overreaction to something a Democrat does because people perceive there will be electoral consequences for it.

Last edited:
To be fair Newsome makes a good point - he just made it badly. The states run by competent people do subsidise the others and there’s a pretty clear divide.

Mitch McConnell is a prime example of that and it should be pointed out at every opportunity.

Gavin should’ve just worked himself into a shoot. Bring a mirror and look directly into the camera

“LOOK HERE DEPLORABLES, YOU THINK THE GREAT STATE OF CALIFORNIA IS SO TERRIBLE LOOK INTO THIS MIRROR AND SEE HOW CRAP YOUR STATE IS. WE COVER ALL OF YOUR SERVICES AND THIS IS THE THANKS WE GET?! I’LL SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER WOOOOO!”

I’d vote for him 3 times

Gavin should’ve just worked himself into a shoot. Bring a mirror and look directly into the camera

“LOOK HERE DEPLORABLES, YOU THINK THE GREAT STATE OF CALIFORNIA IS SO TERRIBLE LOOK INTO THIS MIRROR AND SEE HOW CRAP YOUR STATE IS. WE COVER ALL OF YOUR SERVICES AND THIS IS THE THANKS WE GET?! I’LL SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER WOOOOO!”

I’d vote for him 3 times

3A97BB68-57E3-4EA5-95A4-96D36CEF299B.gif

posting again because it popped up on my timeline

but this wild as hell to me.. mark ups are insane.. and cutting out the specific niche for musk

I mean I’m not against Gavin exposing the truth. Republicans love to spew that their policies and their states are pro business. But if businesses don’t show up there and that stat is true then it should be told.

Democrats need to stop taking **** and staying quiet. They need politicians that can stay composed and throw punches back and expose the bull****. The people they will offend will never vote for them anyway so who gives a damn.

Love Smash Mouth Politics. Perhaps Newsome could've said it differently but in the echo chamber that is Fox News, this might be the only time someone will hear truth that Blue States are typically run better in almost every measurable category. You can't placate these folks on Fox because it never works. There is no wonder that Fox is running programs talking about gas stoves and other nonsense and red states are focused on fighting Disney and other nonsense because they know that their policies hurt their own voters more than anyone else. I know too many red state voters and they insist that their politicians are saving the social safety net.

Love Smash Mouth Politics. Perhaps Newsome could've said it differently but in the echo chamber that is Fox News, this might be the only time someone will hear truth that Blue States are typically run better in almost every measurable category. You can't placate these folks on Fox because it never works. There is no wonder that Fox is running programs talking about gas stoves and other nonsense and red states are focused on fighting Disney and other nonsense because they know that their policies hurt their own voters more than anyone else. I know too many red state voters and they insist that their politicians are saving the social safety net.

Mayor Pete is great at going on fox news because he's great at telling the truth in a way that makes him seem appealing and reasonable to a conservative audience.

Telling the "truth" while turning people off I think is bad maybe I'm crazy. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Mayor Pete is great at going on fox news because he's great at telling the truth in a way that makes him seem appealing and reasonable to a conservative audience.

Telling the "truth" while turning people off I think is bad maybe I'm crazy. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
You're right but to be honest I have 0 hope for the average fox news viewer. They are turned off if you don't have an R next to your name and are willing to ruin your reputation, values and dignity to keep Trump happy. Pete has some fun soundbites but him being gay made everything he said seem crazy to a conservative audience and got him no help when they wanted him impeached for the derailment in Ohio that was a result of deregulation and Republican policies. We aren't dealing with rational people. Never forget all of thosetimes Bernie went on his Fox town halls only for people to agree with his ideas but most say they would still vote Republican.

Back
Top Bottom