***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think I posted a tweet regarding the song that talked about left wing vs right wing populism

That left wing populism, there are two groups. The deserving common people and the elites that screw them over.

But right populism, there a three. The desiring common man, the elites, and the undeserving third group that the elites shower free gift on at the expense of the hard working common man.

Rich Men of North Richmond codes as a right wing populist song to me if I had to call it.

I could see that. If he took out the welfare part I’m sure no one would even question it.

Let’s be real though. People automatically assume people with an accent are right wing. Especially a white dude singing bluegrass.

People probably think Willie Nelson is trumped out too.

If I had to guess the rich guy's north of richmond guy prob is just a not very politically informed person.

and like most artist his politics are more based on vibes.

so I'm guessing he's genuinely cross pressured swing voter with a not very rational or consistent basket political beliefs.

so he thinks that obese welfare recipients shouldn't get food stamps
but he also thinks it's cool that america is diverse melting pot.

I also took the politician looking for miners part a direct shot at trump and manchin because they haven’t done **** but screw those guys in Appalachia.

I could see that. If he took out the welfare part I’m sure no one would even question it.

eh for non political people, I don't think hating "welfare" is necessarily that conservative.

tbh i've always found working poor people more reflexively hostile to "welfare".
I feel like they notice the people they perceive as "undeserving" welfare recipients,

and forget about the majority of people who genuinely need it.
a lot of non political people I think don't realize it's such a tiny amount of money

at least where I live, but people of all political stripes get really mad at the idea of some getting something that they don't deserve.

eh for non political people, I don't think hating "welfare" is necessarily that conservative.

tbh i've always found working poor people more reflexively hostile to "welfare".
I feel like they notice the people they perceive as "undeserving" welfare recipients,

a lot of non political people I think don't realize it's such a tiny amount of money

at least where I live, but people of all political stripes get really mad at the idea of some getting something that they don't deserve.

Yeah it’s a typical crabs in a bucket type deal.

So when working class white people complain about undeserving welfare receipts, you don't think it is fair that people assume they could be some racial hostilities motivating the comment?

Last edited:
I do think people assumed he was conservative because he was white, where he is from, and the words of the song.

The number of poor and working class white people from rural America that talk like he does and are vote Republican on schedule FAR exceeds non political centrist that and not knowledge about politics.

That’s fair, I work with a bunch of dudes just like him. We aren’t working poor thankfully but it’s really not that right wing with the blue collar millennials. It’s just f government in general.

The older dudes are mostly republicans who think everyone else is just lazy.

This is my favorite f the state and unify song about politics sung by a transgender woman from Florida.

It’s more fun to talk about music than fascists

I think another reason some flocked to that song is because the best traditional-sounding country artists have recently leaned liberal. When that ****ty Richmond song blew up, he was being lauded as the anti-woke Tyler Childers (by the way, Childers is ****ing incredible). A week or so before that song came out, Childers released a video for a song that pissed off conservatives and even some of Childers' fans. It's a song about two gay coal miners. The video is beautiful...and brutal. This is the video.

This is my favorite Childers performance. He sings like a madman

camron-mase.gif

^he is a great singer

Bro they played rage against the machine at their rallies.

I rock an “I am kenough” sticker on my lunchbox while I blast punk rock out da dozer at work. I love nothing more than triggering people who think you have to be right wing to work mining jobs.

So when working class white people complain about undeserving welfare receipts, you don't think it is fair that people assume they could be some racial hostilities motivating the comment?

Sure. I'm not saying it's unfair to think that.

I'm just saying that it doesn't mean that person is like a "conservative" in a strict sense.

Like there are plenty of working class white people who have some amount of racial animus but still end up voting for Democrats. And think America is a melting pot and divirsity is good ect

And there are plenty of black and brown people who complain about poor people they think are underserving of whatever benefits they are getting.

So weird how the cultists try to paint trump as this tough guy who everyone is supposedly scared of mentally and physically. I his mugshot, he looks like a privileged person who is used to being in control, but in that moment he wasn't. I know it's eating that hardened racist up that a black person had so much control over him during that process.

Back
Top Bottom