***Official Political Discussion Thread***

American liberal democracy[emoji]8482[/emoji] just took a massive blow abroad man

Last edited:
Not sure how the rest if the country is doing but ppl out here in nyc look wrecked.
Bugs bunny saw gif everything between the northeast and west coast

As a Bernie donor (The only [political campaign I have ever donated to) has anybody considered that Hillary Clinton was and always been a bad candidate? Has it sunk in a whole boat load of people that voted for a black president in some cases twice could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton and in some cases drove them to Donald Trump? Also has anybody talked about how this might not be about racism at all? The Klan votes in every election for somebody. Maybe you can't declare open season in every form of media know to mock a large minority of Americans and not have them unite and do something about it (perception is reality). I think painting this election as some sort of black/white good vs evil struggle is a mistake. We need to learn the why. The real why. Saying that almost exactly half our fellow citizens are just big racists (and whatever else you can think of) is more likely than not true. My 2 cents.
You're right, I voted for Obama twice, I have no problem voting for a democrat. The problem is she is absolutely ******* terrible.

Yeah well.. Bernie didn't have to sell out to Hillary either after losing and Hillary could have chosen him as VP. Hell I know more about Hillary's dirt and corruption from Bernie moreso than all the propaganda by the GOP.

It's pretty obvious that Hillary was/is unelectable but the Dems had no other legitimate, vetted centrist/establishment candidate. Honestly, it probably will be a good thing that she didn't win because it will force the Dems to evolve into a party that is more progressive and actually invigorates voters (ironically much like Obama did in '08 and Trump did this past year). People clearly didn't want an old, establishment candidate that tells party voters to "get in line." I'm just surprised HRC didn't see the writing on the wall with Jeb but I guess her hubris made her think she was above all of that.

Some are really saying the only people who should be allowed to vote should be college educated.

Yikes.

It's pretty obvious that Hillary was/is unelectable but the Dems had no other legitimate, vetted centrist/establishment candidate. Honestly, it probably will be a good thing that she didn't win because it will force the Dems to evolve into a party that is more progressive and actually invigorates voters (ironically much like Obama did in '08 and Trump did this past year). People clearly didn't want an old, establishment candidate that tells party voters to "get in line." I'm just surprised HRC didn't see the writing on the wall with Jeb but I guess her hubris made her think she was above all of that.
I disagree with the first point. As poorly as Hillary did, I have a hard time believing Bernie couldn't have gotten at least 3 of the states that she couldn't keep. Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA. I mean, She almost lost Minnesota for christ sakes, home of NPR and the most liberal state not named NY and CA.

Truth is, she was running a dated campaign. To get elected you need  a movement, not a business model based on archaic strategy.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I think you are a fool if you think this makes the party becomes more progressive.

Why? If you are a democrat, being the party of diversity, of inclusion, openess has led you to ruin,

No democrat other than Barack Obama has been able to hold together the Obama coalition,

Not in primaries,
not in mid terms
and NOT when all of Obama's policies were on the line in the biggest election of our lifetimes.

So if you are a democraft, why would be coming MORE progressive be the answer? Hilary Clinton's policies are very far left as it is, a side from a more hawkish foreign policy.

I think you are in for a rude awakening, IMO the Party goes back to the right, back to where they were pre-Obama.

and you Bernie Bro people, whats the phrase? you are going to have to suck on it and like it.

Last edited:
As a Bernie donor (The only [political campaign I have ever donated to) has anybody considered that Hillary Clinton was and always been a bad candidate? Has it sunk in a whole boat load of people that voted for a black president in some cases twice could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton and in some cases drove them to Donald Trump? Also has anybody talked about how this might not be about racism at all? The Klan votes in every election for somebody. Maybe you can't declare open season in every form of media know to mock a large minority of Americans and not have them unite and do something about it (perception is reality). I think painting this election as some sort of black/white good vs evil struggle is a mistake. We need to learn the why. The real why. Saying that almost exactly half our fellow citizens are just big racists (and whatever else you can think of) is more likely than not true. My 2 cents.

Hillary Clinton failed to invigorate voters like Obama did. Couple that with a poorly run campaign (how did she completely ignore WI?) along with her email scandals and it turns into a recipe for disaster. I said it before but she should've, rethought her strategy when she saw Jeb's black hole of money campaign sink. Instead she (or her campaign and the DNC) decided to double down on essentially the same strategy and spent TWICE as much as the Trump campaign did. This led to losses on the downballot for Dems and a loss in the Senate as this unnecessary spending could have been spent there.

Not sure how the rest if the country is doing but ppl out here in nyc look wrecked.
In my office here in the Bay Area, employees look like someone close to them died last night

You're right, I voted for Obama twice, I have no problem voting for a democrat. The problem is she is absolutely ******* terrible.

You Bernie dudes are delusional :lol:.

Voting against your interest and what Bernie stands for just to spite Hilary.....

**** y'all. You all own some of this.

Excellent post and I agree. I was completely against Hillary from the start because of all the political baggage she had and especially that lasting image of Bill on video looking directly into our living rooms and lying to the Nation. I knew the GOP would be galvanized and united against her.

Hilary Clinton's policies are very far left as it is, a side from a more hawkish foreign policy.

Umm yeah the reason Obama rode that wave into the WH was because of the anti-war sentiment the Nation had in 07! You really think us progressives were OK with Robert Kagan having fundraisers for the Clinton Campaign? FOH!

Last edited:

WELP :rofl:

At least one of them is going down with everyone else :lol:

going be an interesting time in the GOP too.. had a lot of dudes who vocally didn't support dude.. and we already know how he rolls
Yup 100%...

Talking Points Memo ‏@TPM: Omarosa says Trump will keep a list of fellow Republican "enemies" who voted against him http://bit.ly/2fyITmj

Wish Omarosa was Trump's VP running mate. That would have assured him a loss.

I just got home and there was a terrible feel everywhere I went. NYC isn't happy.

Fitting that it's a dark rainy day today.

The rest of the State is cool, though. Looking at that map is scary outside of the five boroughs.

Some are really saying the only people who should be allowed to vote should be college educated.

Yikes.
definitely extreme. I know plenty of college educated people who are complete idiots outside of books and vice versa

Back
Top Bottom