***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is uncanny..and very disturbing

14947433_1904176283143887_3623445774452713393_n.png

Michigan, Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania....good grief

I wonder why, after seeing all the support Bernie had, the DNC didn't make him VP

-It wasn't their choice

-Bernie wasn't really interested

-It could have lost them a Senate seat

-A compromise on the two platforms was what they did instead, which Bernie was very excited about.

But Bernie's not even the Senator in Vermont anymore

I wonder why, after seeing all the support Bernie had, the DNC didn't make him VP

I think because both sides were pretty against each other. Not many people want to take an L to a rival, admit to taking that L, then shake that person's hand and join them. Other than KD.

But that's what they always do though

Huh?

Kamala Harris? Too soon?

Bruh they didn't elect a white woman who was the most qualified candidate for the office ever in history. You think they'll even let a black woman in the door? I mean if that's the plan to get a minority candidate to drive up turnout they really don't get it at all.

The smart thing would be to try to tap into whatever enthusiasm was generated early on in the primaries and build a strong movement starting in the states and try to support candidates with the same ideals instead of going backwards, like the country just did, with Clinton era Dems...that's part of what got them to this point.

Famb, like are we living in the same country.

So the DNC's super delegates should have told Hillary and her 3 million more votes that Bernie should get it. And then what exactly do they say to all the Clinton primary voters?

Lemme guess, fall in line because Trump is a threat and progress is on the line?

And Hillary is not the same as Bill. Repeating this won't make it true.

Progressive just saw the most left wing platform in party history get washed, and they only thing you want to talk about is that the messenger was the problem.

Like how much *** kissing does do progressives need? We are part of a coalition. Compromise is part of the deal.

Jesus man :lol:

You wanna pin so much of this on them so much that you want to give a pass for a complete bungling and monumental political miscalculation that will have decade lasting ramifications. I'm not the only one thinking this,just look at much of the reaction from a lot of the foreign press :lol:,it's utter dismay at how the Dems managed to get to this point.

I'm not buying that the platform got rejected outright, she still won the popular vote, it's the messenger who ended up making the difference with the votes that ended up making the biggest difference in the electoral math man

Last edited:

You wanna pin so much of this on them so much that you want to give a pass for a complete bungling and monumental political miscalculation that will have decade lasting ramifications. I'm not the only one thinking this,just look at much of the reaction from foreign press :lol:,it's utter dismay at how the Dems managed to get to this.

I'm not buying that the platform got rejected outright, she still won the popular vote, it's the messenger that ended up making the difference with the votes that ended up making the difference my dude

He's utterly insane at this point, just leave him be. Ninja isn't even in here baiting him either. Just take your time thinking about what your gonna do moving forward.

-It wasn't their choice

-Bernie wasn't really interested

-It could have lost them a Senate seat

-A compromise on the two platforms was what they did instead, which Bernie was very excited about.

But Bernie's not even the Senator in Vermont anymore

I think because both sides were pretty against each other. Not many people want to take an L to a rival, admit to taking that L, then shake that person's hand and join them. Other than KD.

But that's what they always do though

Huh?

Misspoke, I keep forgetting he's Independent, I was looking at the Democratic seat :lol:

Last edited:
Kamala Harris? Too soon?

Bruh they didn't elect a white woman who was the most qualified candidate for the office ever in history. You think they'll even let a black woman in the door? I mean if that's the plan to get a minority candidate to drive up turnout they really don't get it at all.

The smart thing would be to try to tap into whatever enthusiasm was generated early on in the primaries and build a strong movement starting in the states and try to support candidates with the same ideals instead of going backwards, like the country just did, with Clinton era Dems...that's part of what got them to this point.

So the DNC's super delegates should have told Hillary and her 3 million more votes that Bernie should get it. And then what exactly do they say to all the Clinton primary voters?

Lemme guess, fall in line because Trump is a threat and progress is on the line?

Progressive just saw the most left wing platform in party history get washed, and they only thing you want to talk about is that the messenger was the problem.

Like how much *** kissing does do progressives need? We are part of a coalition. Compromise is part of the deal.

You wanna pin so much of this on them so much that you want to give a pass for a complete bungling and monumental political miscalculation that will have decade lasting ramifications. I'm not the only one thinking this,just look at much of the reaction from foreign press :lol:,it's utter dismay at how the Dems managed to get to this.

I'm not buying that the platform got rejected outright, she still won the popular vote, it's the messenger that ended up making the difference with the votes that ended up making the difference my dude

You have yet to prove this happened, which it didn't. That is what I am trying to point out.

You keep repeating the DNC should have rolled with Bernie, but not facing the fact that would have splinter the party. Not bring us together.

Kamala Harris? Too soon?

You have yet to prove this happened, which it didn't. That is what I am trying to point out.

You keep repeating the DNC should have rolled with Bernie, but not facing the fact that would have splinter the party. Not bring us together.
They lost the house,the senate and the white house to a movement spearheaded by the least qualified candidate ever. That's damning on them...

They tragically misjudged the politcal climate of the electorate when the writing was on the wall

Last edited:
Good question. I'm not sure what the delegate counts were in 2000, but I do see that Virginia is red the instead of blue.
yeah that was the one I noticed too. Looks like they have Wisconsin mich pa and Ohio on the 2000 map though. I would think the writers did their homework and it is accurate for a win though

White supremacy is illogical, white privilege is also illogical, and if you are indeed white, you benefit from what is illogical even if you are in denial of that fact.

I am indeed white, but who the hell are you to infer what privileges I've gotten from being white?

Have I ever been on any kind of government assistance? Nope. Been paying my own way since I was 17.

Have I ever gotten any assistance with school or college? Nope. Spent about $30K, every CENT out of MY OWN pocket, and I'm still a ways from being done.

Have I ever gotten any assistance for my daughter, despite being an unemployed, no income single parent early in her life, during the recession? Nope. Depleted MY OWN savings so we could get by, though.

Have I ever been discriminated against based on my appearance? Most definitely. Although I may be white, I also used to consistently be anywhere from 50-120 lbs. overweight, so I've dealt with instances of superficial, prejudiced jerk offs too.

I'm still trying to figure out when exactly I'm going to benefit from all this white privilege that so many self-righteous entitled douchebags keep insisting I have? If I have it, I sure haven't found it yet, chief.

Just to clarify, are you denying the existence of white privilege and equating being overweight with being a minority?

It's wild people can type stuff like that then hit post like "yeah this'll show em" and really believe that **** :lol:

"I never got government assistance and I got made fun of cuz I was fat. While privilege is a myth, bro."

Just to clarify, are you denying the existence of white privilege and equating being overweight with being a minority?

1) I never said "white privilege" doesn't exist at all, but I think we have some significant differences in interpretation regarding what it actually means.

2) No I'm not equating being overweight with being a minority. I am speaking of being overweight in terms of my personal experiences being unfairly judged and being discriminated against because of it. Coincidentally, some ethnic minorities talk about different experiences they've had with discrimination, so the experience would seem to share some common ground with mine. The underlying reason behind the discrimination is obviously not the same, but the experience itself is similarly negative and superficially based, and doesn't leave any of us with a good taste in our mouths.

Youve been a steadfast clintonyte, but let it go. The corporate democrat archetype has been thoroughly repudiated.

Last edited:
They lost the house,the senate and the white house to a movement spearheaded by the least qualified candidate ever. They tragicallly misjudged the politcal climate of the electorate

Say they do go with Bernie; would you have expected the people who voted for Clinton just to fall in line, even though she clearly won?

Last edited:
They lost the house,the senate and the white house to a movement spearheaded by the least qualified candidate ever. They tragicallly misjudged the politcal climate of the electorate

Say they do go with Bernie? Would you have expected the people who voted for Clinton just to fall in line, even though she clearly won?

I'm not suggesting taking the nomination like that man :lol:,just that it should've been a way more level playing field from the onset with institutional support from the DNC and the Democratic media establishment being spread out evenly instead of overwhelmingly in one direction

Last edited:
Kamala Harris? Too soon?

They lost the house,the senate and the white house to a movement spearheaded by the least qualified candidate ever. That's damning on them...

They tragically misjudged the politcal climate of the electorate when the writing was on the wall

How the hell were they suppose to do things differently.

You can't seem to answer that.

Kamala Harris? Too soon?

How the hell were they suppose to do things differently.

You can't seem to answer that.

Say they do go with Bernie? Would you have expected the people who voted for Clinton just to fall in line, even though she clearly won?

I'm not suggesting taking the nomination like that man :lol:,just that it should've been a way more level playing field from the onset with institutional support from the DNC and the Democratic media establishment being spread out more evenly instead of overwhelmingly in one direction

This alone turned off many, in hindsight crucial, votes

Last edited:

He's utterly insane at this point, just leave him be. Ninja isn't even in here baiting him either. Just take your time thinking about what your gonna do moving forward.

Man miss me with your nonsense

Good question. I'm not sure what the delegate counts were in 2000, but I do see that Virginia is red the instead of blue.
yeah that was the one I noticed too. Looks like they have Wisconsin mich pa and Ohio on the 2000 map though. I would think the writers did their homework and it is accurate for a win though

yea i feel like they did their home work and that was probably enough to win. Anybody know who he ran against in that episode? Burns? Check the actual map of that time period it may be the same with the names switched.

I'm not buying that the platform got rejected outright, she still won the popular vote, it's the messenger who ended up making the difference with the votes that ended up making the biggest difference in the electoral math man

Yeah a messenger that got REVEALED exactly what her corrupt campaign was all about by Wikileaks. But oh no instead of looking at all the leaked information as facts... they keep going on and on about Russian hackers.. influencing elections, and ultimately ignored all of that. Ninja kept going on and on how damaging these emails were and after all that information was leaked showing collusion with the Foundation... did Clinton spoke at all genuinely about the leaks? Admit to the slander against Bernie or apologized to his supporters? Nothing from her and her campaign blindly defended every criticism.

I'm not suggesting taking the nomination like that man :lol:,just that it should've been a way more level playing field from the onset with institutional support from the DNC and the Democratic media establishment being pread out evenly instead of overwhelmingly in one direction

Bernie could have ran as an independent, he knew how the delegate system worked before hand. Now I'll grant you some of the stuff behind the scenes was shady to say the least, but the people still resounding voted for Hillary. That's more on him and the progressives for not recognizing that earlier. Obama had to deal with a lot of the same Clinton machine and overcame it, Bernie didn't. But that doesn't mean after she does win and implements a lot of his ideals in the platform and the man himself begs you to get behind her because of the consequences otherwise that you take your ball and go home.

Back
Top Bottom