***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bill Clinton, washed Jerry Brown in the 1992 primary.

Dems probably made the wrong choice back them too.

But Jerry was weird as **** back then. I read his policies proposal, he was way left of Bill on some stuff, and way right of him on others. I thought it was a joke first time I heard about it.

From the clips I saw, Bill cooked him debates doe.
The irony about General Moonboom was that he used to be considered one of the worst governors in California as his environmental ideas were considered too wacky and that he was too focused on trying to be a presidential nominee.

The guy now is fully dedicated to trying to get California under budget while trying to get our state to be future proof with increased investment in infrastructure, renewable energy, and education. How can one hate that?

Jerry Brown is that dude now, just saying he was wacky as **** back in the day. :lol:

Last edited:
Bill Clinton, washed Jerry Brown in the 1992 primary.

Dems probably made the wrong choice back them too.

But Jerry was weird as **** back then. I read his policies proposal, he was way left of Bill on some stuff, and way right of him on others. I thought it was a joke first time I heard about it.

From the clips I saw, Bill cooked him debates doe.
The irony about General Moonboom was that he used to be considered one of the worst governors in California as his environmental ideas were considered too wacky and that he was too focused on trying to be a presidential nominee.

The guy now is fully dedicated to trying to get California under budget while trying to get our state to be future proof with increased investment in infrastructure, renewable energy, and education. How can one hate that?

Jerry Brown is that dude now, just saying he was wacky as **** back in the day. :lol:

This makes me chuckle every time I see this clip
A long way he has come

I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime and there's still a million things that need to line up for it to happen, but there's a tiny nonzero chance that this will end in some kind of civil war.

I really hope not, of course, as do most others. But the visions of the future of this country are so divergent and incompatible right now that I can't imagine the two sides coexisting without something giving out. For example: I can't imagine living in a society without health care for all, but I could give a **** if everyone gets a gun. Many on the other side, however, can't imagine paying taxes for health care but will kill to keep their guns. Can the two of us really share a country and a future?

It's our nature to self-correct in such ways. I'm not convinced society or government has truly moved beyond it. But we'll see if our democracy can weather this storm.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are generalizing and stereotyping Trump supporters too much. They come in all shapes, sizes and walks of life. Don't be guilty of what you accuse others of. No one gets anywhere assuming too much of the other side, and vice versa.

To keep someone else like Trump out of office in the future, believe it or not Democrats and Republican voters have to work together.

You're not exactly going to endear Republican voters who don't fit your stereotype to the other side if you stereotype them.

You're under the mistaken belief that this is possible..

Considering how quickly all those convictions and values went out the window.. why you think these dudes will even side with the DEMs now matter what they can give them?

We witnessed 8 years where their only agenda was oppose obama

Not every Republican has an agenda.

whats going on in this nation? :smh:

An authoritarian takeover...

I'm waiting for Rico to justify how one has to pay to exercise their 1st amendment. Blind support for the GOP and their tactics, to the point of electing an incompetent figurehead was the slippery slope.

I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime and there's still a million things that need to line up for it to happen, but there's a tiny nonzero chance that this will end in some kind of civil war.

I really hope not, of course, as do most others. But the visions of the future of this country are so divergent and incompatible right now that I can't imagine the two sides coexisting without something giving out.

It's our nature to self-correct in such ways. I'm not convinced society or government has truly moved beyond it. But we'll see if our democracy can weather this storm.
All it takes is the right event at a sensitive time n it's a wrap ...imagine how much worse ppl woulda been wildin after all those incidents of brovas getting killed by police so close to each other if trump was president n how everybody extra on edge right now

Or if the economy tanks n some shady **** going on but the ppl in power ain't trying to let up ...playing with the money def gon get a rise outta folks

Last edited:
All it takes is the right event at a sensitive time n it's a wrap ...imagine how much worse ppl woulda been wildin after all those incidents of brovas getting killed by police so close to each other if trump was president n how everybody extra on edge right now
It's gonna happen sadly. Whether it is a self-contained riot that follows or something that sweeps the entire nation, who knows.

The majority of us are comfortable enough that we won't take any drastic actions, even when our freedoms are threatened, because we have too much to lose. But once we cross that threshold where basic rights are being taken away, then we will move into a world that we don't recognize.

Last edited:
Not every Republican has an agenda.

Not every voter does, but the people they're voting for do.

I've heard way too many smart people tell outright lies, convenient BS and subtle (and not so subtle) racist remarks

You know how many rich white girls I knew in high school with parents who were heavy heavy HEAVY players in the GOP that got abortions?!

Shht is a joke.. I stayed at the governor's mansion in Tallahassee because I was cool with one of jeb's kids

Last edited:
It's gonna happen sadly. Whether it is a self-contained riot that follows or something that sweeps the entire nation, who knows.

The majority of us are comfortable enough that we won't take any drastic actions, even when our freedoms are threatened, because we have too much to lose. But once we cross that threshold where basic rights are being taken away, then we will move into a world that we don't recognize.
That's what happened with mlk back in the day ...alotta **** was going on, ppl on edge then they killed him ...cities burning n white ppl running deep into the burbs all across the country

Yea I'm sorry but this election showed us their true colors in many ways. **** em.
Yep this. They were literally told by the man they voted for that he'd do these things. And they cut their nose off anyways. **** em all.

And it's up to us to educate those voters on that. Some Republicans are just clueless of what's going on. But it's not helping to just assume they think a certain way and sterotype them.

Many of them aren't receptive and it's just going to get worse. I understand some of your family is Republican and that may be why you're pushing this, but history doesn't lie, much of their platform since America was "great" was built on intolerance, bigotry, xenophobia, and only looking out for the wealthy. You try to give them facts and it's "fake news" or complaining. I'm sorry I don't have time for it anymore. Not characterizing every voter as being those things, but if you're voting for them, at the very least you're indifferent to what they stand for which is almost as bad.

Last edited:
in more light-hearted news:

Back
Top Bottom