***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't think Ninja is all wrong about having Liz Warren running for president resulting in a loss, the 2016 election has taught us that half of America would rather vote for a rich bigoted white man than a woman.

We would probably need a liberal white or black man to run for 2020 to have a chance.

Elizabeth Warren probably won't get through a Democratic primary. She is not that likeable beyond the progressive faction.

Plus, winning the Dem nomination depends on winning the Black vote, not the Rust Belt folk.

The Dem primary is on of the few (maybe only) election where black people are fully enfranchised. Any progressive running needs to realize that.
Hopefully 2020 DNC realizes this.

2085187-s7

+

2015-challenger-performance-engines-5.7lhemiv8.jpg

=

Da donald did a good job

X libural tears

I think I'm going to gon head and retire from reading NH posts, this blind "can't do no wrong" with nothing to support it head in the dirt support is getting worse and worse

Only this senile piece of **** could think that capping the amount of nuclear warheads between the top 2 nuclear powers was a bad idea...

@SopanDeb: This is amazing - and equally amazing - that this got leaked!

http://news.trust.org/item/20170209171124-868gh/

Didn't even mention the fact that the deal was backed by the whole military and Intel senior leadership. It's only a "bad" deal because the Black man before him came up with it :rollers

I don't even think Putin expected his puppet to be this damn dense/half-witted.

I don't think Ninja is all wrong about having Liz Warren running for president resulting in a loss, the 2016 election has taught us that half of America would rather vote for a rich bigoted white man than a woman.

We would probably need a liberal white or black man to run for 2020 to have a chance.

Elizabeth Warren probably won't get through a Democratic primary. She is not that likeable beyond the progressive faction.

Plus, winning the Dem nomination depends on winning the Black vote, not the Rust Belt folk.

The Dem primary is on of the few (maybe only) election where black people are fully enfranchised. Any progressive running needs to realize that.

So under this assumption that black folks would categorically reject Warren,who would they back?

Don't tell me Booker :lol:

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that Bannon, Miller, Priebus, Pence, and Ryan are pulling the strings for Trump :lol:

Trump isn't even in the mental capacity to manage the country and our foreign ties.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to gon head and retire from reading NH posts, this blind "can't do no wrong" with nothing to support it head in the dirt support is getting worse and worse
Like I said, the louder and bolder he gets, it's because he's slowly realizing Drumpf isn't what he thought Drumpf would be. Eventually we'll see Ninja lying in his twin sized bed clutching a Drumpf doll to his chest with salty "indapendent" tears running onto it, crying and asking "where did he go wrong?" as da Hemi and Cuban are further from his grasp than ever.

They probably won't.

And diehard supporters of the progressive candidate that has momentum in 2020 will complain about Cory Booker being ahead.

People have to take a step back and study why Bernie lost. This "the DNC rigged the system against Sanders" is patently false, it s not what cost him the nomination.

i did that for most of my catching up on 1k+ posts in this thread

Black people won't just support Booker because he is black. They will support him because he has made social justice and criminal justice reform part of his platform for a minute.

Elizabeth Warren can't show up a few months before the Southern primaries, talking about MLK, thinking black people (especially older black people) gonna fall for that ****.

or.....wait for it...

Trump does a good job.

Fam what planet you live on!!???????

Trump has been the same douchebag his entire life, these two weeks are on par with him, the only way that man will do a good job is if he becomes a completely different person, he's running America like he has run his company, by bullying, lying, shaming and failing, he would let his lawyers represent him then, now he sents out a different breed of sharks to mop up the mess...that POS is gonna fail and we will be left to pay for his mistakes....those of us with common sense knew this way before he got elected, then we have people like you.

don't confuse your opinion with political reality.

truth of da matter is da Economy gonna flourish... his tax plan gonna debut in 3 weeks.

another truth is Dems have no answer for 2020 if they wanna win back trump voters.

Last edited:
So in 2016 we were told "hey Bernie people, you're going to have to eat a bunch of economic dirt in order to stop Trump's racism." Most of us did. We decided that we would wait on $15 an hour minimum wages, reduction in student loan principle, free college, fiscal stimulus, Medicare for all and a new Glass-Steagall. The Hillary people said "check your privilege (because some how folks scrapping by on nine bucks an hour are privileged) and vote for the moderates in order to Stop the Bigot."

Well, the bigot still won and now folks are marching. Some Bernie supporters said of the women, in the pink caps, "F 'em, they probably voted for Hillary in the primaries." I said that we are now all in this together, in opposition to the Bigot.

Well do I feel foolish. Last night, a Hillary supporter said "just because they are marching doesn't necessarily mean that they all want $15 an hour." That is technically true but what she is really saying is that Hillary people still don't get it. If you want to do right by black and brown folks, you need actual seats in government and you get those seats by raising the opportunity cost of voting for white supremacy.

So the shoe is now on the other foot. We need a united left and it is time for the neoliberal Dems to surrender to the Berniecrats' economic demands. We need to win even if it offends the likes of Roey.

Last edited:
I only support a tax cut because I want to pay a lot less in taxes to this incompetent Trump admin.

Otherwise the economy isn't going to get better in the long run with such tax cuts

PRESIDENT TRUMP, I implore you to keep gracing us with your presence on this sneaker forum. Your take on what's going on in the Heights is truly fansinating. I also enjoy reading your thoughts on American Muscle Cars and the American precious metals industry and the chains we can craft with gold. You have successfully hidden your identity by using da instead of the but folks almost caught on when you commented about being dapper or handsome in your youth. Be careful.
i am deeply flatulent flattered that the BLOTUS POTUS is taking time from his busy days tweeting, golfing, and prank calling other countries to grace us with his gloats and genius insights into the future of this country.

and i hope he continues to participate in wdywt the politics thread. it is very courageous of him not to succumb to the body shaming that comes along with being a chronically overweight, unattractive balding man with a skin condition and embarrassingly small hands. keep fighting the good fight, sir.

Last edited:
Black people won't just support Booker because he is black. They will support him because he has made social justice and criminal justice reform part of his platform for a minute.

Elizabeth Warren can't show up a few months before the Southern primaries, talking about MLK, thinking black people (especially older black people) gonna fall for that ****.

Where was his insistence on social justice when he was publicly praising the new AG Jeff Sessions on his civil rights record just last year though? Just asking.

Liz Warren has been pushing for criminal justice reform for a while and calling out the GOP on their attempts to stop it if I'm not mistaken. Not sure why we're comparing her to Bernie already when she hasn't even made her intentions of running clear

*Didn't even know that dude was under investigation for corruption when he was mayor,just don't wanna see the Dems repeat the same mistakes trying to bank on another Obama...There's currently none to be seen as of now

Last edited:

Where was his insistence on social justice when he was publicly praising the new AG Jeff Sessions on his civil rights record just last year though? Just asking.

Liz Warren has been pushing for criminal justice reform for a while and calling out the GOP on their attempts to stop it if I'm not mistaken. Not sure why we're comparing her to Bernie already when she hasn't even made her intentions of running clear
Purity tests aren't going to cut it in 2020.
Democrats need to throw out the best candidate to reach out to all demographics.

So in 2016 we were told "hey Bernie people, you're going to have to eat a bunch of economic dirt in order to stop Trump's racism." Most of us did. We decided that we would wait on $15 an hour minimum wages, reduction in student loan principle, free college, fiscal stimulus, Medicare for all and a new Glass-Steagall. The Hillary people said "check your privilege (because some how folks scrapping by on nine bucks an hour are privileged) and vote for the moderates in order to Stop the Bigot."

Well, the bigot still won and now folks are marching. Some Bernie supporters said of the women, in the pink caps, "F 'em, they probably voted for Hillary in the primaries." I said that we are now all in this together, in opposition to the Bigot.

Well do I feel foolish. Last night, a Hillary supporter said "just because they are marching doesn't necessarily mean that they all want $15 an hour." That is technically true but what she is really saying is that Hillary people still don't get it. If you want to do right by black and brown folks, you need actual seats in government and you get those seats by raising the opportunity cost of voting for white supremacy.

So the shoe is now on the other foot. We need a united left and it is time for the neoliberal Dems to surrender to the Berniecrats' economic demands. We need to win even if it offends the likes of Roey.

I hope you speaking about white middle class Hillary voters here.

Where was his insistence on social justice when he was praising the new AG Jeff Sessions just last year though? Just asking.

How about you look at the man's entire political career, not one instance. If you wanna make the Jess Session praise the new "super-preadator", go ahead, see how bad that purity test will fail come 2020. Booker's good outweighs his bad in this area.

Warren's thing is banking regulations not civil rights. She might support the rest of the Dem platform, great for her, but that is not her main issue like Booker.

And I brought up Bernie as an example of how a progressive in 2020 can lose the primary. Because that is exactly what happen in 2016. The left wing candidate (no matter the person) needs to put in a special effort to secure votes in the South. Doing the bare minimum doesn't entitle them to anything.

Last edited:
So best bet is to push Booker more to the left? Promise Warren the VP nod after primaries to soothe far left liberals? What's your ideal situation, Rusty?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ting-us-president-jeff-sessions-a7572001.html

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...s-why-gop-health-plan-must-remain-secret.html

The Republican Party, faced with the catastrophic real-world consequences of repealing the Affordable Care Act, is divided over how to proceed. Some nervous Republicans want to figure out what they want to put in place of Obamacare. Senator Mike Lee insists that Republicans repeal Obamacare first, before they decide on an alternative. And his reason is straightforward: If people saw the Republican alternative, they might not like it! “There is a lot less agreement about what comes next,” he tells Julie Rovner. “If we load down the repeal bill with what comes next, it’s harder to get both of them passed.”

That is very true. If people see what Republicans would put in place of Obamacare, they would probably rather keep the status quo. Lee is right that the best way to eliminate Obamacare is to remain vague about the alternative. It’s a little odd for him to come out and admit this, though.

Sounds like death panels to me

If Booker doesn't drop his pro big business rhetoric and support a strong economic justice stance then he is in trouble too.

The Dem field is gonna be wide open in 2020. You will have progressive to moderates running and having a shot. You might even get people from non traditional places running (majors and non politicians). I don't know how it all shakes out.

But chances are there will be multiple progressive running, splitting up that coalition, I doubt their will be another candidate running that will splinter the Southern black vote.

Well unless, Biden runs and Obeezy endorses early, Hillary runs again, or Michelle Obama runs. Then it become less of a worry.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ting-us-president-jeff-sessions-a7572001.html

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...s-why-gop-health-plan-must-remain-secret.html

The Republican Party, faced with the catastrophic real-world consequences of repealing the Affordable Care Act, is divided over how to proceed. Some nervous Republicans want to figure out what they want to put in place of Obamacare. Senator Mike Lee insists that Republicans repeal Obamacare first, before they decide on an alternative. And his reason is straightforward: If people saw the Republican alternative, they might not like it! “There is a lot less agreement about what comes next,” he tells Julie Rovner. “If we load down the repeal bill with what comes next, it’s harder to get both of them passed.”

That is very true. If people see what Republicans would put in place of Obamacare, they would probably rather keep the status quo. Lee is right that the best way to eliminate Obamacare is to remain vague about the alternative. It’s a little odd for him to come out and admit this, though.

Sounds like death panels to me

Dese sons a *******. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom